Login

russian armor

The times you went "wtf relic?" coh2 patch history

22 Oct 2016, 18:01 PM

So coh2 is fairly balanced atm, but us Veterans rember the many many stupid patches that have come and gone so lets start naming them together for fun.

The first really broken patch i can recall was the soviet industries in its early days of 5 min t34 spam,
another was the vet spam and the call in tank spam. It was insane, if you played as the russian or us you never built any higher tire if you hade the rigth doctrine you simply waited for until you hade enough command points and then just unleshed a way of easy 8's and t34/85 or is-5 tanks (yes you could have multipal heavy tanks before)

So what horribel patches is youre nigthmare fule?
22 Oct 2016, 18:14 PM

when relic decided to bring back the mortar pit

the biggest insult of gameplay and most hated pile of bs unit out there

never been missed...yet it came back
22 Oct 2016, 18:36 PM

1st Wtf: Bringing back emplacements with Brits. A lot of people hated this concept in Coh1. And it made Coh1 a worse game.

2nd Wtf: When I heard about brace. Sure, make everything about Sim City worse.

3rd Wtf: The introduction of the Cancer Commander. :hyper:

4th Wtf: The Panther nerfs. I don´t remember whether it was terrible before Brits arrived or whether it reached this state later. This honestly made me think "Germans can´t have nice things".

5th Wtf: When Katitof declared that Coh2 is finally well balanced around two months ago.
22 Oct 2016, 18:41 PM

I remember very vividly a certain time period where we had no real balance patch for months on end, I think something like 5 to 6 months, and when they finally released a patch, it basically made everything worse and it buffed overperforming factions whilst it nerfed the factions that were underperforming. I believe this was in 2014 or 2015.

I couldn't believe it lol. The rage on forums was so intense, I haven't witnessed it ever again in CoH2 xd
22 Oct 2016, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2016, 18:36 PMButcher

4th Wtf: The Panther nerfs. I don´t remember whether it was terrible before Brits arrived or whether it reached this state later. This honestly made me think "Germans can´t have nice things".

What panther nerf? The totality of recent changes to the panther include reducing some of its Vet 5 bonuses and increasing its cost when the OKW fuel penalty was removed.

The stuka bomb ninja buff just made me laugh. They act like they're letting us test changes in balance preview mods, and then they go and make the stuka bomb have those instant death crits and ridiculous AOE without telling anyone. GG relic
22 Oct 2016, 19:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2016, 18:36 PMButcher
1st Wtf: Bringing back emplacements with Brits. A lot of people hated this concept in Coh1. And it made Coh1 a worse game.

2nd Wtf: When I heard about brace. Sure, make everything about Sim City worse.

3rd Wtf: The introduction of the Cancer Commander. :hyper:

5th Wtf: When Katitof declared that Coh2 is finally well balanced around two months ago.

Since the very beginning of coh2, I don't recall any panther nerf. There is something called power creep in this game since wfa though.
22 Oct 2016, 19:44 PM

when relic decided to bring back the mortar pit

the biggest insult of gameplay and most hated pile of bs unit out there

never been missed...yet it came back

Not just bring back, a beefed up version with brace. The hilarious thing is that I'd take CoH1 emplacements over CoH2 emplacements any day.
22 Oct 2016, 19:50 PM
Donator 11

Not just bring back, a beefed up version with brace. The hilarious thing is that I'd take CoH1 emplacements over CoH2 emplacements any day.

Compare the amount of offmaps you have in coh1 and coh2. Coh1 emplacements would be totally useless in coh2. I guess relic wants a feature to be used if they implement it.

Also, even the current emplacements are only a good way to loose a game if your opponent has a slight idea of what he is doing.
22 Oct 2016, 20:03 PM

Compare the amount of offmaps you have in coh1 and coh2. Coh1 emplacements would be totally useless in coh2. I guess relic wants a feature to be used if they implement it.

That was kinda my point. :megusta:

Also, even the current emplacements are only a good way to loose a game if your opponent has a slight idea of what he is doing.

The same really could be said about CoH1 too. People don't often disagree that they can't be countered, but they usually agree that it's frustratingly boring gameplay to do so.
22 Oct 2016, 20:08 PM
Donator 11

That was kinda my point. :megusta:

The same really could be said about CoH1 too. People don't often disagree that they can't be countered, but they usually agree that it's frustratingly boring gameplay to do so.

As long as you can counter players using emplacements reliably, you are not going to see them often enough to get bored. Shocking it may seem, people learn from their defeats, even the ones who spam emplacements.
22 Oct 2016, 21:01 PM

22 Oct 2016, 21:05 PM

When they buffed Volks damage per bullet to 12.
22 Oct 2016, 21:38 PM

I'll have to vote for the introduction of emplacements as well. Completely incompatible with CoH's basic back-and-forth game flow. Brace actually seems like a half-hearted attempt to make emplacements more dynamic and requiring micro like normal units. Didn't work.
22 Oct 2016, 22:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Summer childs... Let me tell you a story.

Once a upon a time, there was a game called COH2. It had bulletins with increased suppression, bullets made of rubber and infantry units made of mithril once they gained enough knowledge. 2 beasts fight each other for the kingdoms crown. Coming from the east, a crushing fiend called T70. From the west, a fire spewing creature called FHT.

Some months later after the monster were slayed, a dark shadow covered the realm. Legends says it was created by the necromancer :snfQuinn: who in an intention of covering his pockets with gold, he summoned the dreaded P2W DLC abominations. Smaller minions like FHQ, Assault Grens or Osstruppen quickly lost their powers and were slain once they got further away from his masters grip but the residentsleepers of the country of COH, were not prepared for what it was coming. This was a big "Turning point" for many of us. The demon had 2 independent heads, one called Elite aka Tiger ace and the other one was Soviet industry. 6 dreaded months pass till our hero :snfPeter: woke up and manage to cast a spell to banish them from our realm.

For some time we had peace. Well kinda. The kingdoms of ISU and Ele were fighting an eternal battle but at least, no strange creature was roaming around. We had small plagues like Pio spam and suppressing grens, but nothing big in comparison.
When ISU n Elephant finally decided to lowerthe arms, people thought we would enter a period of calm and tranquility. We were far away from the truth, as storm clouds were forming in the horizon. Everything changed when the WFA nations attacked...

End of Tome 1.
22 Oct 2016, 23:19 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

22 Oct 2016, 23:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When ISU n Elephant finally decided to lowerthe arms, people thought we would enter a period of calm and tranquility. We were far away from the truth, as storm clouds were forming in the horizon. Everything changed when the WFA nations attacked...

End of Tome 1.

Ah, the calm before the storm...

Truly those few short weeks were bliss.
23 Oct 2016, 01:40 AM

Snip

A tale of a decadent realm where the Soviets used to be the underdogs before the Allied powers began to creep over their foes with the subtle corruption similar to Chaos. To masters worse than the denizens of the Warp.

Aside from that, my biggest and still WTF reaction was how they implemented the USF Mortar. I wanted a fucking smoke dispenser for alternative openings, not a mortar that makes WW1 craters BLAM!!! The Commissariat sees fit to send you to the reeducation camps.
23 Oct 2016, 01:52 AM

When they took shreks from Volks but left US with double zooks and Brits with double Piats

Oh and Guards so Luchs and Puma are useless.

But as long as Volks don't have inf AT, it's ok >:/
23 Oct 2016, 09:22 AM

Permanently Banned
That was nice elchino7.
But for me in coh2 when it was old windustry and tiger ass was like missions and boss in RPG MVGame.
23 Oct 2016, 09:32 AM

That was nice elchino7.
But for me in coh2 when it was old windustry and tiger ass was like missions and boss in RPG MVGame.

I liked this one better, I had so much fun with it lol

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2
unknown 48
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W