russian armor

Sturmtiger Impending nerfs

24 Oct 2016, 19:12 PM
Donator 11

25 Oct 2016, 15:35 PM

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=744359944

I'll add this to the discussion. Still wondering why i didn't autowin... -_-

I'll help: look at the army sizes and resources. :thumb:

It's not meant to be an autowin button like old TA callin, it's there to help you destroy blobs/fortifications/occassionally tanks.
25 Oct 2016, 16:21 PM

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=744359944

I'll add this to the discussion. Still wondering why i didn't autowin... -_-

Also, remember that kills don't matter for vet. It's all about damage given and damage taken.

So even if your ST kills all sorts of pricey allied vehicles it doesn't mean it's going to shoot up in vet any more than the damage it dealt and took.
25 Oct 2016, 20:59 PM

You would have to be a huge MORON, to think the sturmtiger isn't op.
In any world, form or shape, how would anyone possibly think that this thing is ok.

Ok, so somehow, it's not fine when the ISU152 is able to instawipe squad, for 720/260 fuel, but when it's for OKW to get a weapon that can both INSTANTLY kill tanks and infantry: totally fine !

Get fu***** real, this think is broken af.
26 Oct 2016, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 20:59 PMIamCat
You would have to be a huge MORON, to think the sturmtiger isn't op.
In any world, form or shape, how would anyone possibly think that this thing is ok.

Ok, so somehow, it's not fine when the ISU152 is able to instawipe squad, for 720/260 fuel, but when it's for OKW to get a weapon that can both INSTANTLY kill tanks and infantry: totally fine !

Get fu***** real, this think is broken af.
infact every tournament was won with this commander 100% win rate especially the last tourney .... right ? :romeoHype: :romeoHype:
26 Oct 2016, 06:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The price is ridiculously low for what Sturmtiger offers. The criticals it deals to tanks are also way over the top.

However, if you simply raise the price of the Sturmtiger, you are still going to be left with a very broken mechanic in the game that will make certain map types unplayable. I am looking at you Trois Points.

There's no reason to place such restrictions on our mappers. Instead, fix what's broken, and that's all one-hit wipes.

The main problem with them is that it's one shot, and that it's guarnteed to wipe. Take the guarantee away, and we can, finally, have a healthy alpha-shot ability/unit.

This will look a bit like how the current Panzerwerfer performs:
- Not too weak
- Not wipey
- However, you still wouldn't waste its barrage to target 1 single squad.

If you truly believe this, you are either delusional or completely clueless.

The only things that the AVRE does better at than the Sturmtiger are:
- is lining it shots better so that it avoids hitting ground
- Costing less fuel (140 FU vs 160 FU) but more manpower
- Firing a bit faster
- (the Sturmtiger getting decrewed while reloading is actually an abusable bonus; not a penalty)

Building-piercing shots
- The Sturmtiger shot can go through buildings. AVRE cant

Range
35 vs 45

That doesn't seem like a lot. However, 35 also happens to be the max sight range for 90% of the units you will be facing in the game. Being able to fire from the fog of war with an one-hit-wipe wonder is a huge boon.

Imagine Soviet demopacks being able to randomly spawn beneath your troops. That's what dodging Sturmtiger rockets feels like.

Targeting
That turret thing. You would think it's an advantage. Well, guess what. it is impossible to control which way the turret is facing.

This is because the turret has the stupid habit to chase after just about any squad that pops up.

Damage vs Vehicles

AVRE deals 440 damage or 220 damage vs vehicles depending on whether it manages to penetrate or not.

Sturmtiger deals 640 damage and always penetrates.
640 is an important threshold, since it's just enough to one-shot medium tanks.

In addition to that, the Sturmtiger shot also bestows stupid-strong criticals on the target:
- Permanent immobilization
- Main gun destroy
- Engine damage
- Stun (this is the only one with a limited duration; 4 seconds)

Damage vs infantry

The raw damage of the sturmtiger is enough to wipe everything in within 8-radius. This includes garrisoned troops.

For AVRE, I need to check the damage criticals again. If there's no infantry-killing criticals, the one-hit-kill radius is about 5. The killing radius of the AVRE is also further diminished by cover/garrisons.

Manoeuverability

The AVRE, for a vehicle that needs to run up close has one of the slowest speeds for a in the game.

King tiger max speed: 3.8
AVRE max speed: 3.9
Sturmtiger max speed: 4.7

Note that with the insane range of the sturmtiger, and the ability to shoot through obstacles, it need never expose itself to danger to fire.

Durability

AVRE has 1400 HP 240 Armour (all vet levels)
Vet0 Sturmtiger: 1280 HP, 220 armour
Vet2 Sturmtiger: 1440 HP, 242 armour

My Man Smithy. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 1
Germany 665
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias