Login

russian armor

Having Trouble As Ost against Brits on Arnhem

18 Oct 2016, 23:53 PM

Permanently Banned
So at the very start, I know Brits love to camp in houses in the center of the map. Usually they send their first inf section to deny the house closest to your side. Even if I get my mg in there, a vickers in the opposite building with the help of an IS will beat mg + gren. Now I'm thinking of avoiding the center altogether at the start and let the brit have it. Then, I'd put a lynchpin on the Brit's fuel or cutoff with mg + gren. But can I afford to give the center to the Brit for the first few minutes as I play around it? My own cutoff is very close to the center and the Brit can easily return the favor. Without control of the center, I'll need to take longer paths to reach both sides of the map to harass the Brit's supply lines. I always get mortars vs the Brits but in the first few minutes I need grens first. I'm a around a rank 500 Ost player in 1v1.
19 Oct 2016, 05:31 AM

Mortar is a must in this situation as it pisses the UKF player off to no end, however, against brits, just go sniper.

Your capping power will be limited at the start but that will force him to either go UC or a counter snipe which will have the same affect on him.

Failing mortar/sniper, get flamers on your engie squad and burn him out, the more squads he has in mid, the less he has elsewhere so the more you can keep in mid with fewer units, the more powerful you'll be on the flanks.
19 Oct 2016, 09:29 AM

what Latch said is right, as always, if the camping games keeps going, you can rush a flame half track wich is able to criple the british except if they built the AEC, still, you'll be able to burn the MGs in the buildings and take down the mortar pit

Anyway, against the brit, you have roughtly 2 solutions
1) ignore the strong points till you dig em out (flame HT OP)
2) try to fight em head on

honestly, in almost every situation (and on every map) going around the flanks and outcapping the brit works just fine
22 Oct 2016, 16:18 PM

Side cap, or decap their fuel, then when you have new truck start flanking with flame nades.

The brit mg has terrible suppression and range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★