Question to more prominent modders: is it possible in the current Mod Tools to make the tanks carrying infantry (or infantry riding atop tanks). And if yes - how to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Troops riding atop tanks
16 Oct 2016, 15:34 PM
#1
Posts: 31
16 Oct 2016, 16:25 PM
#2
Posts: 85 | Subs: 1
Supposedly there was an animation for this at some point (in one of the alphas?)
Anyhow, you can make something that is functionally similar by adding a "hold" extension to any of the tank entities. For example, if you wanted to do this with ost's panzer iv, you'd add "hold_ext" to ebps/races/german/vehicles/panzer_iv_sdkfz_161/panzer_iv_sdkfz_161_mp. Most of the values in hold_ext should have descriptions for what they do (like if you wanted to have the garrisoned units be targettable.)
You can see more examples of this by looking at the other garrisonable entities' hold extentions (halftrack_sdkfz_251_mp, mechanized_250_halftrack_mp, etc.)
Anyhow, you can make something that is functionally similar by adding a "hold" extension to any of the tank entities. For example, if you wanted to do this with ost's panzer iv, you'd add "hold_ext" to ebps/races/german/vehicles/panzer_iv_sdkfz_161/panzer_iv_sdkfz_161_mp. Most of the values in hold_ext should have descriptions for what they do (like if you wanted to have the garrisoned units be targettable.)
You can see more examples of this by looking at the other garrisonable entities' hold extentions (halftrack_sdkfz_251_mp, mechanized_250_halftrack_mp, etc.)
16 Oct 2016, 20:38 PM
#3
Posts: 632 | Subs: 1
Basically, it comes down to whether the vehicle has combat slots or not - these determine whether and how many garrisoned units can fire out. Sadly, it's impossible to modify them, as far as I know.
For example: The Sd.Kfz. 250 and the M3 scout car have four, the M5 halftrack has six and the ZiS-6 has eight, while the Sd.Kfz. 251 and Opel Blitz have none. I don't know about tanks, though - I guess you'll simply have to test it by adding a hold_ext.
For example: The Sd.Kfz. 250 and the M3 scout car have four, the M5 halftrack has six and the ZiS-6 has eight, while the Sd.Kfz. 251 and Opel Blitz have none. I don't know about tanks, though - I guess you'll simply have to test it by adding a hold_ext.
17 Oct 2016, 17:18 PM
#4
Posts: 31
Thanks a lot, I'm gonna try this.
17 Oct 2016, 17:25 PM
#5
Posts: 3050 | Subs: 3
Someone here who remembers guards riding on T34/85 in old vCoH Eastern Front Mod? 
17 Oct 2016, 17:39 PM
#6
Posts: 31
Someone here who remembers guards riding on T34/85 in old vCoH Eastern Front Mod?
Not exactly. Rather someone who watched the WW II chronicles with (mostly Soviet) infantry riding atop tanks.
17 Oct 2016, 19:44 PM
#7
Posts: 224
Ask Janne or Eliw00d, I think there is at least a video of it.
17 Oct 2016, 23:46 PM
#8
Posts: 756 | Subs: 8
It's not possible in the current tools. It's too bad that Relic implemented a cool new feature for sitting passengers (see Bren Carrier), but due to the way it is implemented cannot be used on other vehicles without new tools.
The video I made for tankodesantniki was way back in the day, using workarounds for modding that no longer work.
The video I made for tankodesantniki was way back in the day, using workarounds for modding that no longer work.
18 Oct 2016, 04:43 AM
#9
Posts: 15
I am no modder or anything but I am 100% sure that it is possible. I saw it in a realism mod I installed via Steam. You could get a T34 with Guards standing on the enginepart. Not sure if you could "recrew" it once you jumped off.
18 Oct 2016, 13:15 PM
#10
Posts: 756 | Subs: 8
I should clarify: you can sort of do it, the same way it was possible in CoH1, by adding combat slots in the marker_ext, but since you cannot add .mua or .muax files, it will have issues like lag.
18 Oct 2016, 19:04 PM
#11
Posts: 31
I should clarify: you can sort of do it, the same way it was possible in CoH1, by adding combat slots in the marker_ext, but since you cannot add .mua or .muax files, it will have issues like lag.
Thanks a lot ... and nice to meet you again - this time here.
20 Oct 2016, 10:57 AM
#12
Posts: 632 | Subs: 1
I should clarify: you can sort of do it, the same way it was possible in CoH1, by adding combat slots in the marker_ext, but since you cannot add .mua or .muax files, it will have issues like lag.
Could you give a quick example of how that would work? I can't seem to add anything to a marker_ext. Thanks!
PAGES (1)

1 user is browsing this thread:
1 guest
Livestreams
|
|
|
24 | ||
|
|
|
26 | ||
|
|
|
4 |
Ladders Top 10
-
#Steam AliasWL%Streak
- 1.619363.630+1
- 2.925244.791+19
- 3.483233.675+9
- 4.1523816.651+1
- 5.694418.624+8
- 6.830145.851+3
- 7.49370.876+17
- 8.256101.717+10
- 9.368125.746+12
- 10.24866.790+1
Replay highlight
VS
-
cblanco ★ -
보드카 중대
-
VonManteuffel -
Heartless Jäger
Einhoven Country
Honor it
18
Download
3518
Board Info
432 users are online:
432 guests
0 post in the last 24h
0 post in the last week
0 post in the last month
0 post in the last week
0 post in the last month
Registered members: 76366
Welcome our newest member, go88jco
Most online: 4501 users on 26 Oct 2025, 01:00 AM
Welcome our newest member, go88jco
Most online: 4501 users on 26 Oct 2025, 01:00 AM




