Login

russian armor

Counter Brits

9 Oct 2016, 12:04 PM

Hello all

I tired from british Mortar Spam so I came here for help. My last mattch was pretty boring - 2 ostheer, 1 okw and against us there was 2 brits, 1 soviet. So when its 2 brtis its so big large amount of mortar - how to coutner it? They are using Vickers, so I cant come close to ther positions first, I dont have any mg in the beginning (good times when Kubel had posssibility to suppres are gone forever) After They are building mortars here. I cant come close - their infantry + vickers are pushing me away. After I have first truck, Im starting producing Mg34 but its already too late - their first mortar begin to kill all around. After they adding one more and one more and so on. When I have panter to kill Mortars and Bofors - they have AT guns already there. So its impossible... I use Fortification Doctrine, Most of times. Its the best doctrine for OKW. But I need 8 points of skills to have my Howitzers . Its too late. Brtis have their artillery must eariler. Any ideas? Surviving 'till Panther is not an option - it doesnt help much. Mostly I loose anyway. When 1 british player its still could be stopped but 2... OMG... Its IMBA
9 Oct 2016, 12:21 PM

You should try to play agressively early to slow them down. If you let brits build their structures on your side on the map, you have done something horribly wrong.

That aside, as you should get mortars of your own - ISGs - and keep moving them after every barrage so the brit mortars can't snipe them back. If they brace, move volks into position and throw a flame nade as the brace wears off.

Also, Fortification is hardly the best doctrine; it's very useful in some situations but it relies too heavily on static structures, which the brits can easily wipe out with their artillery (and God help you if they have Advanced Emplacements; the counter-battery will smash your guns to pieces).

All in all its a similar problem to the one I described in another thread.
9 Oct 2016, 12:25 PM
Donator 11

Hello all

I tired from british Mortar Spam so I came here for help. My last mattch was pretty boring - 2 ostheer, 1 okw and against us there was 2 brits, 1 soviet. So when its 2 brtis its so big large amount of mortar - how to coutner it? They are usinf Vickers, so I cant come close to ther positions first, I dont have any mg in the beginning (good times when Kubel had posssibility to suppres are gone forever) After They are building mortars here. I cant come close - their infantry + vickers are pushing me away. After I have first truck, Im starting producing Mg34 but its already too late - their first mortar begin to kill all around. After they adding one more and one more and so on. When I have panter to kill Mortars and Bofors - they have AT guns already there. So its impossible... I use Fortification Doctrine, Most of times. Its the best doctrine for OKW. But I need 8 points of skills to have my Howitzers . Its too late. Brtis have their artillery must eariler. Any ideas? Surviving 'till Panther is not an option - it doesnt help much. Mostly I loose anyway. When 1 british player its still could be stopped but 2... OMG... Its IMBA

It's mostly ostheer job to deal with emplacements but okw also has some pretty good units for this. The most obvious choice is setting the battlegruppe HQ just outside of mortars range so you could bombard them with LeIG (attack ground ofc) and reinforce them when needed. This usually deals well with emplacements but if you would like to speed up the process you can also use cloaked raketenwerfers and stuka zu fuss but remember to use them when brace is realoading - they will have to brace not to get killed really fast by the LeIG, you wait unitll it stops and fire AT guns or stuka. Stuka also is great at killing repairing royal engineers.

If you manage to kill all bofors emplacements so you can get a little closer, volkgrenadiers have great incendiary granade that deals tons of damage to emplacements and lasts longer than brace.
9 Oct 2016, 13:01 PM

You should try to play agressively early to slow them down. If you let brits build their structures on your side on the map, you have done something horribly wrong.

That aside, as you should get mortars of your own - ISGs - and keep moving them after every barrage so the brit mortars can't snipe them back. If they brace, move volks into position and throw a flame nade as the brace wears off.

Also, Fortification is hardly the best doctrine; it's very useful in some situations but it relies too heavily on static structures, which the brits can easily wipe out with their artillery (and God help you if they have Advanced Emplacements; the counter-battery will smash your guns to pieces).

All in all its a similar problem to the one I described in another thread.

Im trying to play aggresively. But if my teammates can not support me and deal with brits too, AND THERE ARE 2 BRITS, not one, I cant do anything. First problem - they have Vickers. Its not my sde of map, Its center somewehre. But in fact - Im loosing center very fast. If it would be soviets or americans - I can counter them with ISGs. But not the Brits. Their Mortars are killing crew of my IGSs very fuc.king fast. So ISGs cant counter their Vickers. And ISGs are not usefull against British mortars - they almost cant even damage them. They are building not 1 mortart but 3-4-5. Really! When there is 2 brits its always like that. With vicekrs there its impossible to come there with infantry. They can kill my squads even without Vickers - Mortars are killing everything. Ok, I managed to come close to one Mortar so I can use flame grenade. BUT another Mortars always are in different place - So they are killing my squads when they are trying to destroy that one mortar replacement. And after... After Brits already control more than half of the map. So they have advance. When I finally will have 1 Panther - it will not help so much... Its just too late. They will have Cromwells, AT guns, probably more infantry etc. Even comets
9 Oct 2016, 13:14 PM

Im trying to play aggresively. But if my teammates can not support me and deal with brits too, AND THERE ARE 2 BRITS, not one, I cant do anything. First problem - they have Vickers. Its not my sde of map, Its center somewehre. But in fact - Im loosing center very fast. If it would be soviets or americans - I can counter them with ISGs. But not the Brits. Their Mortars are killing crew of my IGSs very fuc.king fast. So ISGs cant counter their Vickers. And ISGs are not usefull against British mortars - they almost cant even damage them. They are building not 1 mortart but 3-4-5. Really! When there is 2 brits its always like that. With vicekrs there its impossible to come there with infantry. They can kill my squads even without Vickers - Mortars are killing everything. Ok, I managed to come close to one Mortar so I can use flame grenade. BUT another Mortars always are in different place - So they are killing my squads when they are trying to destroy that one mortar replacement. And after... After Brits already control more than half of the map. So they have advance. When I finally will have 1 Panther - it will not help so much... Its just too late. They will have Cromwells, AT guns, probably more infantry etc. Even comets

A matter of whether your anti cancer guns aka ISGs plus flame nades manage to take them out early enough. If not, Brits will just inch forward and there is not that much to stop them. What still sucks about the whole emplacement thing is that so little micro is required to make them efficient imo. ISGs should have smoke to counter vickers/maxims early enough, maybe we'll see that at some stage, hopefully.
4 Dec 2016, 19:14 PM

It's mostly ostheer job to deal with emplacements but okw also has some pretty good units for this. The most obvious choice is setting the battlegruppe HQ just outside of mortars range so you could bombard them with LeIG (attack ground ofc) and reinforce them when needed. This usually deals well with emplacements but if you would like to speed up the process you can also use cloaked raketenwerfers and stuka zu fuss but remember to use them when brace is realoading - they will have to brace not to get killed really fast by the LeIG, you wait unitll it stops and fire AT guns or stuka. Stuka also is great at killing repairing royal engineers.

If you manage to kill all bofors emplacements so you can get a little closer, volkgrenadiers have great incendiary granade that deals tons of damage to emplacements and lasts longer than brace.

Hi. I play wher. 2v2 . 2 brits make me sick. They build mortars I try burn it with hf but they build bofors too early. Than all mortas fall my head. I lost many mans. Than I try stuka and stuka bomb. skill no damage to brits units. They allways repair...
4 Dec 2016, 19:20 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2016, 19:14 PM3rgin

Hi. I play wher. 2v2 . 2 brits make me sick. They build mortars I try burn it with hf but they build bofors too early. Than all mortas fall my head. I lost many mans. Than I try stuka and stuka bomb. skill no damage to brits units. They allways repair...

You sir need more mortar halftracks then :D Order them to fire incendiary shot at bofors and then shift order attack ground where the bofors is. If you do this just after they placed it and you have 2 mortar halftracks or a mortar halftrack and a mortar, you will easily kill it. If they brace you can move in with flame halftrack, if anything, it does best damage to braced structures. Just remember to pull out before the brace is over. And be sure to still barrage the target when its over.
4 Dec 2016, 19:27 PM

You sir need more mortar halftracks then :D Order them to fire incendiary shot at bofors and then shift order attack ground where the bofors is. If you do this just after they placed it and you have 2 mortar halftracks or a mortar halftrack and a mortar, you will easily kill it. If they brace you can move in with flame halftrack, if anything, it does best damage to braced structures. Just remember to pull out before the brace is over. And be sure to still barrage the target when its over.

Thanks for advice. I haven't mortar hf skill on skill bar. I will need one right now. Thanks.
4 Dec 2016, 19:42 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/51523/how-to-defeat-the-sim-city-strat-cancer-regiment-wehrmacht

I made this guide long time ago FOR WEHRMACHT... it is still pretty usefull, but cant promise its efficiency in cheesy 3v3/4v4 sry.

If you play OKW with randoms, there is sadly nothing you can do vs british sim cities who get hard camped with vickers, at gun, PIAT blob etc.

You need to play with an arranged team in such situations: 1 can bring some stukas out to kill the enemy support guns (HMG, AT gun) who camp the sim city (NEVER use stuka vs emplacement, it's a total waste if the enemy has access to brace in the moment the rockets land)

Others can get puma, luchs, LeIg out so that you can deal with everything in mid game.. in case you have a good teamwork. As soon as your indirect fire did a good job vs the support guns, agressively used inf can tear down emplacements aswell.

But again, playing vs sim city cheese in randumb mode is total cancer and a waste of time.
4 Dec 2016, 19:45 PM

vs mortar pit + bofors yes, but it doesn't work so well if he went for mortar pit spam + AEC.
Problem of mortar HT is its sucky range (same as a usual ostheer mortar) --> it gets sniped too easy by AEC, on some maps even by AT gun
4 Dec 2016, 20:03 PM
Donator 11

vs mortar pit + bofors yes, but it doesn't work so well if he went for mortar pit spam + AEC.
Problem of mortar HT is its sucky range (same as a usual ostheer mortar) --> it gets sniped too easy by AEC, on some maps even by AT gun

He was asking about countering bofors though. Countering AEC is a whole different story.
V-T
18 Jan 2017, 13:06 PM

Hmm, if the Vickers MGs are pinning you down, Stick the doods in a halftrack and lolrush into grenade range. The soldaten will get pinned, yes, but not before they get that nade flying.

If it's guarded by bofors... Then it's really a no-go area for any light vehicles. One of the most usual answers has been "rush their base". Of course, in 3vs3 games, other players can help counter that desperate action, but i can't think of anything else.

The argument: "They have three brit players, thus thrice more simcities" just implies that your side can get 3 Kingtigers, or Sturmtigers or whatever ultimate tools of destruction. If you ever get there, enemy WILL be wiped. With random teams, getting rid of simcities can be a big challenge.

Play 1vs1?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS