Login

russian armor

Allied infantry vs Axis tanks

5 Oct 2016, 16:49 PM

USF/UKF

Able to equip all infantry with anti tank weapons and unskillfully blobb (even through red cover) towards both OKW/OH tanks with very minimal loss.

Ostwind is not nearly as usefull as it should be, the accuracy is terrible. Outclassed completely by the Sherman/comet/cromwell in terms of A.I.

P4 is "Okay" vs infantry but is quickly outclassed by most allied armour in terms of AT. So this unit i find not building over the stug.

Panther is a joke vs AT and AI. But in this argument im on the AI side of things. You must have the tank pointed in the direction of the infantry unit to apply the slightest respectable amount of damage with all three MGs.

My problem here is that, why as an OH player, am i being punished by allied armour if i blindly rush my unit to try to faust, or shreck a tank. Usually ends up in a 4 man squad wipe. Espeically by a cromwell.

my problem again, is the lack of skill late game im seeing against expensive armour, to simply piat blobb, or zook blobb. With minimal losses, meanwhile an early game armour from the USF/UKF is simply able to point and wipe squads the second they are fielded. Then (UKF) armour late game is able to counter OH tier 3/4 tanks, and wipe squads no problem. Jack of all trade units that require minimal skill.

TLDR;

-OH AI tanks outclassed by USF/UKF armour

-Allied infantry able to unskillfully blobb towards axis heavies with no real punishment.

-You want MG42a to counter blobbs? Sorry a USF motor countered it cuz its stupidly accurate.

I wrote this on the shitter at work. So yeah..

5 Oct 2016, 17:23 PM

This game is hosed. People are just going to jump on Allies as more Axis players quit, and they can just circlejerk themselves with no enemy faction to play against.
5 Oct 2016, 17:35 PM

5 Oct 2016, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2016, 17:35 PMGrim

I understand and acknowledge your argument, but i still beg to differ
5 Oct 2016, 19:07 PM

Don't use tank to fight AT infantry. But you can treat it as a unit that may have just reduced your opponent's infantry AI by 20-40% while also making them spend a whole ton on munitions.

Make some panzergrenadiers to square off with the piats and zooks instead. Keep tanks at the rear or flanks to defend against roving capping squads.

Fight enemy tanks with PAKs and StuGs. Use Panthers only if you don't have a Tiger commander and only to fight Shermans, T34/76s, and Cromwells. Try to use Tiger to defend critical VP and/or fuel, not for offensive maneuvers. (Especially OKW KT.)

Unfortunately your MG42s aren't meant to survive. A USF mortar will likely wipe them but they will typically be able to suppress a blob for long enough for you to get some units into position, especially with the mortars focusing their fire off the frontlines and onto the MG.

With your infantry able to stand still and fire during this time you should be able to cause some damage. Otherwise they'll start getting pinned, which will be when your tanks can clean up.
5 Oct 2016, 23:18 PM

blah

God micro or loss. Got it.

Seriously tho. Where do the axis factions have an edge?
6 Oct 2016, 00:25 AM

USF OKW and especially UKF ruin the game

brits have the dumbest abilities that literally paralyze disable or just blind you. Its like can we have normal factions again not OP ability factions
6 Oct 2016, 02:03 AM

The only thing I would suggest is that be extremely aggressive early game as Axis. And by aggressive , I mean "throwing everything you have early game at them and pray you wipe a squad or take down USF mortar and manage to hold most of the map for a certain amount of time" kind of aggression. That's the only way to win the Allies right now! Basically we are literally Germans doing the Blitzkrieg tactic here! Through my experience, the longer the game lasts, the higher chance you gonna lose. Allies stuffs (USF/UKF) got stronger by minutes and they get very strong when they manage to get a tank + duel-equipped weapons (Not Soviet though, and I think the only balance match-up now is still Sov-Ost, the others are just bad!). 

If you play Ostheer, I think the Ostruppen Doctrine would help a lot since you don't have to worry too much about MP bleed (6-man durable squad with 16 MP/model needed to reinforce). 3 Ostruppens + 2 Panzergrens would ensure your foothold against Allies infantries (I see high level players do this, but haven't try out on my own since I don't have the Ostruppen Doctrine).‎
6 Oct 2016, 02:05 AM

I find it funny how ppl in the past complained about panzer tactician being OP while the m20, AEC, Puma, and flak half-track all have it non doctrinal. Heck Cromwell's and Sherman's can also fire it at range and that's also non doctrinal. Comet fires WP too lol.
6 Oct 2016, 04:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I find it funny how ppl in the past complained about panzer tactician being OP while the m20, AEC, Puma, and flak half-track all have it non doctrinal. Heck Cromwell's and Sherman's can also fire it at range and that's also non doctrinal. Comet fires WP too lol.

They are light vehicles vs saving medium/heavy tanks while also sipping away with blitz (reminder that those complains comes from vanilla coh2). The complain is basically it been a panic button. I'll argue they did it correctly with the Sherman (although it cancels the movement but at least now you can still move after the order is sent) and the UKF smoke is more situational (basically block vision on support weapons).

6 Oct 2016, 04:56 AM

They are light vehicles vs saving medium/heavy tanks while also sipping away with blitz (reminder that those complains comes from vanilla coh2). The complain is basically it been a panic button. I'll argue they did it correctly with the Sherman (although it cancels the movement but at least now you can still move after the order is sent) and the UKF smoke is more situational (basically block vision on support weapons).

fair enough
6 Oct 2016, 08:21 AM

CoH2 is an easy mode for allies now, while a constant uphill battle for Axis. This is the result of a biased allied lobby imo...

• UKF and USF infantry dominates any kind of axis infantry with double LMGs and terminator veterancy
  • Soviet do the same with Penals and flamethrowers
  • Light tank madness favors allied factions too
  • OKW must rush to T1 in order to survive against other factions T0
  • While other factions like USF receive T0 satellite guided mortars which they were never needed
  • Raketen is still garbage, constantly hits ground, inaccurate crap. I would rather pay 320MP for it and see it locked behind T1, but let it be reliable.. instead of this...
  • Multirole medium tanks like T34/85, Shermans, Cromwells are cheap, easy to reach, do perfectly fine against infantry (especially 4 men axis squads) and due to the rear armor nerf they do fine against most of axis tanks too.
  • Axis have no proper medium tanks, P4 has problems, Ostwinds has problems, Panthers has problems.
  • OKW still unable to build observation points
  • XP gain is still broken through the whole game. Allied infantry can reach their terminator vet3 in no time, while some okw units you never see above vet1.
  • There are no axis elite infantry. Obersoldatens are die fast overpriced garbage.
  • The only point where axis had clear advantage was the lategame tank play with heavies like the KT. This advantage was decreased with allied TD buff and rear armor nerf.

It not impossible to win a game with axis, but you must play well and it will be a constant uphill battle for you... while with allies you dont really have to break a sweat, just follow the basics of the game: use cover, retreat, capture points, etc...
6 Oct 2016, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2016, 08:21 AMRiCE
CoH2 is an easy mode for allies now, while a constant uphill battle for Axis. This is the result of a biased allied lobby imo...

• UKF and USF infantry dominates any kind of axis infantry with double LMGs and terminator veterancy
  • Soviet do the same with Penals and flamethrowers
  • Light tank madness favors allied factions too
  • OKW must rush to T1 in order to survive against other factions T0
  • While other factions like USF receive T0 satellite guided mortars which they were never needed
  • Raketen is still garbage, constantly hits ground, inaccurate crap. I would rather pay 320MP for it and see it locked behind T1, but let it be reliable.. instead of this...
  • Multirole medium tanks like T34/85, Shermans, Cromwells are cheap, easy to reach, do perfectly fine against infantry (especially 4 men axis squads) and due to the rear armor nerf they do fine against most of axis tanks too.
  • Axis have no proper medium tanks, P4 has problems, Ostwinds has problems, Panthers has problems.
  • OKW still unable to build observation points
  • XP gain is still broken through the whole game. Allied infantry can reach their terminator vet3 in no time, while some okw units you never see above vet1.
  • There are no axis elite infantry. Obersoldatens are die fast overpriced garbage.
  • The only point where axis had clear advantage was the lategame tank play with heavies like the KT. This advantage was decreased with allied TD buff and rear armor nerf.

It not impossible to win a game with axis, but you must play well and it will be a constant uphill battle for you... while with allies you dont really have to break a sweat, just follow the basics of the game: use cover, retreat, capture points, etc...

+1
6 Oct 2016, 13:14 PM

People claim: do not fight Allied infantry with Tanks. It makes me wonder, what am I supposed to fight Allied infantry with then? Axis infantry and support weapons aren't doing the trick either :snfPeter:
6 Oct 2016, 14:25 PM

Permanently Banned
People claim: do not fight Allied infantry with Tanks. It makes me wonder, what am I supposed to fight Allied infantry with then? Axis infantry and support weapons aren't doing the trick either :snfPeter:

You must use MacGyver tactics.

Since Allied infantry is stronger than Axis, it's easy for allied player to screen battlefield with its blob use some abilities and soften positions, then tanks drive-by style shoots anything it has crippled.

Specially USF and UKF is cancerous with their blobs. Every unit can be given LMG and AT weapon, so their blobs are stronger than ever. Even the cheap units can make a difference with these upgrades.

I never won an equally man powered infantry fight without adding some tanks into the fight. Vetted infantry can just stand in no cover and rekt everything. You have to overpower the enemy or retreat.

It feel like every Axis fight is uphill battle to victory.

USF has the best positions with their blobbing into pershing or calliope tactic.

It keeps me asking if schreck blobs were so devastating as allied blobs right now.
6 Oct 2016, 14:59 PM

I know it's really complicated but check their weapon upgrades, if they are upgraded with AI tools then you can send your Panzers, if they have AT upgrades send your Ubersoldaten.
Sounds simple enough right?
6 Oct 2016, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2016, 23:18 PMsinthe

God micro or loss. Got it.

Seriously tho. Where do the axis factions have an edge?

Hey people asked how to handle em, not if it was easy. Also, I'm not sure my suggestions are that micro intensive because I'm pretty much saying "don't bother microing the MG" and what units not to use against allied units.
6 Oct 2016, 17:03 PM

USF/UKF

Able to equip all infantry with anti tank weapons and unskillfully blobb (even through red cover) towards both OKW/OH tanks with very minimal loss.

Ostwind is not nearly as usefull as it should be, the accuracy is terrible. Outclassed completely by the Sherman/comet/cromwell in terms of A.I.

P4 is "Okay" vs infantry but is quickly outclassed by most allied armour in terms of AT. So this unit i find not building over the stug.

Panther is a joke vs AT and AI. But in this argument im on the AI side of things. You must have the tank pointed in the direction of the infantry unit to apply the slightest respectable amount of damage with all three MGs.

My problem here is that, why as an OH player, am i being punished by allied armour if i blindly rush my unit to try to faust, or shreck a tank. Usually ends up in a 4 man squad wipe. Espeically by a cromwell.

my problem again, is the lack of skill late game im seeing against expensive armour, to simply piat blobb, or zook blobb. With minimal losses, meanwhile an early game armour from the USF/UKF is simply able to point and wipe squads the second they are fielded. Then (UKF) armour late game is able to counter OH tier 3/4 tanks, and wipe squads no problem. Jack of all trade units that require minimal skill.

TLDR;

-OH AI tanks outclassed by USF/UKF armour

-Allied infantry able to unskillfully blobb towards axis heavies with no real punishment.

-You want MG42a to counter blobbs? Sorry a USF motor countered it cuz its stupidly accurate.

Are you serious? Then use infantry to kills his AT blobs, don't be a noob. Rifles with zooks or Piats cant do crap vs axis men with that. Don't fight anti tank with TANKS.......

Punish his AT blob with troops, rifles without BARS or 30 cals, are fucked
6 Oct 2016, 17:51 PM

Are you serious? Then use infantry to kills his AT blobs, don't be a noob. Rifles with zooks or Piats cant do crap vs axis men with that. Don't fight anti tank with TANKS.......

Punish his AT blob with troops, rifles without BARS or 30 cals, are fucked

someone hasnt played axis in a long time...

Rocket artillery makes sure axis dont even have men at all :D
6 Oct 2016, 22:27 PM

someone hasnt played axis in a long time...

Rocket artillery makes sure axis dont even have men at all :D

Rocket artillery?

USSR: Non-doctrinal
UKF: Doctrinal
USF: Doctrinal

OKW: Non-doctrinal
Wher: Non-doctrinal

Just an observation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias