Login

russian armor

okw need call in tank busters.

18 Oct 2016, 10:50 AM

Hm. ok.

Schrecks on okw is op.

piats/ zooks / are ok on usf/ukf?

Why?

USF and UKF have one of the most potent anti tank hunters tanks in game...

they get the most potent infantery too...the most potent indirect fire too

the get one of the best heavy tanks too..

@ relic: pls push the allies more..they dont get enough nice stuff yet...pls make them more OP...

Shreks are superior in terms of performance. This has been discussed at length in numerous threads. Piats and Bazookas have their own advantages but in terms of performance the shrek is the best.

USF have the best infantry that can't be denied, once the mortar gets the nerf it needs this will be balanced out hopefully.

In terms of indirect fire? I'd say the axis take this one simply because they have everything non doctrinal.

One of the best heavy tanks? I should hope so, seeing as there are 3 allied factions I would hope they have at least one good heavy tank between them......
18 Oct 2016, 12:04 PM

why they didnt nerf the schreck? problems solved. Copy the stats drom zooks...and all is ok....but....oh wait..USF/UKF can carry 2 zooks/piats...

the galliope and the ukf werfer are the most powerfull indirect arty in game.

its wipes everytime 2-3 squads (mgs/ AT/ and retreat units)
18 Oct 2016, 13:30 PM

why they didnt nerf the schreck? problems solved. Copy the stats drom zooks...and all is ok....but....oh wait..USF/UKF can carry 2 zooks/piats...

the galliope and the ukf werfer are the most powerfull indirect arty in game.

its wipes everytime 2-3 squads (mgs/ AT/ and retreat units)

Yes. Well done. Your powers of observation are unmatched on the field.

USF/UKF can carry two weapons. In regards to LMG's this can lead to them overperforming slightly (also depends on vet etc etc) But you essentially need 2 zooks to match one shrek anyway so its a moot point.

Calliope and Land mattress (I'm sure you play them extensively and only used a axis name by mistake) are both doctrinal. Calliope has been nerfed multiple times and is the most expensive rocket artillery. Land mattress has short range, enormous scatter, slow speed and can me captured by the enemy/easily countered by your own rocket arty.

All rocket arty can wipe 2-3 squads in a barrage. The idea is generally to move your units or not blob them if you are facing a known user of said units. If you lose 2-3 units EVERY time the enemy fires......then I think the fault may be with your approach to the game.
18 Oct 2016, 13:50 PM

since okw has no good mobile AT (raketens are very cancer since they hit the ground much time/ need long time to aim/ dont shoot at tanks when in camo/ wipe out often by 1-2 shoot from every ally tanks (<<<-lol))

and u has no good anti blobb units (sturmtiger is only in bad commander/ flak halftrack is made out of paper / mg34 suck very much )

okw has much struggle vs usf/ ukf...seen in the last paaint tournement...where allies dominate very hard....

u can argue much more hours...but there are facts u can`t ignor.
19 Oct 2016, 11:30 AM

there are facts u can`t ignor.

Oh, the irony.
20 Oct 2016, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2016, 13:30 PMGrim

Calliope and Land mattress (I'm sure you play them extensively and only used a axis name by mistake) are both doctrinal. Calliope has been nerfed multiple times and is the most expensive rocket artillery. Land mattress has short range, enormous scatter, slow speed and can me captured by the enemy/easily countered by your own rocket arty.

All rocket arty can wipe 2-3 squads in a barrage. The idea is generally to move your units or not blob them if you are facing a known user of said units. If you lose 2-3 units EVERY time the enemy fires......then I think the fault may be with your approach to the game.

not too expensive :) its cost imo low for its advantage , can beat okw base truck badly also....and you know about its fire speed at once !
1 sherman or t34 or any medium tank .... can kill werfer easilly...but do u know my elephant(best TD) need 2shoot sometimes 3,for kill coliopi?
totally not related to topic
20 Oct 2016, 21:35 PM

Replace StG upgrade in Special Ops with Obersoldaten call-in @ 3cp.

Put a squad not unlike Stormtroopers in T1, give them (double?) panzerschreck upgrade with mg34 as an either-or upgrade unlocked with T3.

Or alternately just move Obers to T1, reduce their price and performance to something like Stormtroopers, and give them the schreck(s). Again, mg34 unlocks with T3 (or maybe just 2 trucks setup.)

Then you make the MG34 t0 without needing trucks and the transformation will be complete. :foreveralone:

In doing so OKW will be something between Ostheer and CoH1 Wehrmacht.

All you'd have to do then is make vet 4 and 5 for infantry and vehicles unlocked with global upgrades. :megusta:
21 Oct 2016, 12:09 PM

Fix schreck... give them back for volks, or make it 60MU for spios
No need to introduce a new unit, to fill the purpose of an already existing but broken unit.
21 Oct 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2016, 12:09 PMRiCE
broken unit.

Which one? :megusta:
31 Oct 2016, 23:24 PM

No need to introduce a new unit, to fill the purpose of an already existing but broken unit.

okw need new type infantry , call in or non doctrinal can set in medic.
except engneer and mg,soviet in early has cons+penal+sniper>but okw only volks ,and the second type(ober) will come in late game if u make pzhq and too expensive....
this lack of type unit make this faction boring
1 Nov 2016, 00:13 AM

This game just needs to die lol, it has become a true abomination
1 Nov 2016, 11:11 AM

Break shreks then?-_-
1 Nov 2016, 12:21 PM
Benefactor 392

Shreks are fine, plus there is really no need to get shreks on the sturm pio since it will only hinder it. you are better off with a flamer or a sweeper on a sturm.

a raketen or two will do wonders until you either get a puma for light vehicles or medium armour.

If you are having a hard time using a raketen then you need to learn how to use them properly. as it's not hard to get some success out of them even if they just push off a tank it'd doing it's job.
2 Nov 2016, 13:44 PM

Shreks are fine, plus there is really no need to get shreks on the sturm pio since it will only hinder it. you are better off with a flamer or a sweeper on a sturm.

a raketen or two will do wonders until you either get a puma for light vehicles or medium armour.

If you are having a hard time using a raketen then you need to learn how to use them properly. as it's not hard to get some success out of them even if they just push off a tank it'd doing it's job.

Using raketen is not a rocket science, its just constantly hitting ground when its supposed to hit something.
2 Nov 2016, 15:00 PM
Benefactor 392

Using raketen is not a rocket science, its just constantly hitting ground when its supposed to hit something.

Rocket science, LUL

IF you are constantly missing with it then there must be something wrong, how are you setting it up? are you just a moving it, attack target.

because you do want to set it up closer about half way into your ark or fire.

also if it is hitting the ground constantly then you aren't really making up for the elevation in which the tank or vehicle are sitting on.

I not trying to sound condescending or anything i just want to say is that there are a lot more variables to watch out for when using a raketen compared to other AT weapons, but the strength is that you can get the raketen close enough to deal an insane amount of damage.

and when you got a pair of them you can get two volleys off both and take out almost any vehicle more-so if you actually preserve it's vet. as we all probably know.

I play a lot of games as OKW so if you want to see some good games where i utilize the raketen well i can post some for those who are willing.

I am not that good but i'm not bad either.
2 Nov 2016, 15:07 PM

rocket science

LUL

On a serious note though, Raketens are doing ok, but they are, like some other stealth units flawed by design. It's not quite consistent and true to the identitity of ambush units to be able to move while cloaked. It's like bringing the ambush to the enemy which is not an ambush by definition. For the Raketen specifically, my suggestions would be to reduce aim time significantly (and increase cooldown/reload time to maintain same rate of fire), allow cloaking only when stationary and elevate the "muzzle" (visibly or not visibly doesn't matter), so it doesn't fire into the ground as often. I believe the ground hits stem from the fact that the Raketen is firing the rockets from a very low profile and I hope that (if the implementation is possible) this would reduce ground hits a little bit.

I always thought that the Raketen was supposed to be like an M42 (done right (= high rof, low pen, low dmg AT gun)), but it's just a low range, ground hitting, slow projectile pak with ninja cloaking). As always the unit itself is kinda ok, you just need to use it the right way, which is right now to creep forward (preferrably in pairs,) in cloak and harass, snipe tanks or at least deter them.

EDIT: Since elevation is in the game, but completely unattended in terms of concious consideration for game balance, it is left to us (and mappers) to account for it, so our Raketens don't suffer too much from a coincidental/accidental game mechanic that affects only some units in the game...
2 Nov 2016, 15:18 PM
Donator 11

BAh ...Elevation
In this game is just ridiculous flawed, you sometimes notice just too late that this is the cause of your units missing. Say hello to Minsk ... I guess just another elment in this game not properly implemented, it plays more like its accidentally part of this game. -.-
2 Nov 2016, 18:12 PM

bring back braindead OKW schreck blob!!!!111111
4 Nov 2016, 22:58 PM

bring back braindead OKW schreck blob!!!!111111

not related to topic
16 Nov 2016, 19:03 PM

or y'know, faust and raketenwerfer?

But no, lets make blobs great again!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10