Login

russian armor

Biggest Concern for COH 2

2 Dec 2012, 21:38 PM

That's all nice and dandy, but this thread went from a possible sniper mechanic discussion to a "who is more lead?!"-discussion.

Abandoning thread!

Greets
Schepp himself
3 Dec 2012, 18:17 PM

I have played sc2 for a while, made it to high gold league, but never really enjoyed the game the way i enjoy coh. I think this is because i am a human with a certian knoledge of ww2, which helps me relate to coh, it makes sense to me, however, with sc2 im very detached, sure the units look cool, have special features and steriotype sound effects but for some reason i just cannont get imeresed in the game the way i can with coh.
3 Dec 2012, 18:18 PM

example

grenade, yeah an explosive device you throw them at the enemy

stim-pack , is this a medical untility ?
3 Dec 2012, 22:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Stim is short for "stimulants," like the amphetamines that the Air Force feeds to pilots. So no, it's not a medical thing, in fact it's bad for your troops' health. It gives them a short boost to speed and reflexes, though, so they can move faster and shoot faster. Sometimes they accidentally kill Canadians but oh well.
4 Dec 2012, 10:28 AM
Caster Badge

Well they did that in WW2 as well. So nothing new there.
4 Dec 2012, 13:44 PM

example

grenade, yeah an explosive device you throw them at the enemy

stim-pack , is this a medical untility ?

Yea stimpacks make ur boys on crack.
4 Dec 2012, 22:14 PM

4 Dec 2012, 22:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Stim is short for "stimulants," like the amphetamines that the Air Force feeds to pilots. So no, it's not a medical thing, in fact it's bad for your troops' health. It gives them a short boost to speed and reflexes, though, so they can move faster and shoot faster. Sometimes they accidentally kill Canadians but oh well.

military's used to and in some cases still use what we now consider illegal drugs to get troops battle ready and to give them a boost in combat. i forgot the specifics but ww2 and before crack cocaine and other drugs were widely used to give the troops a boost when they needed it. then agian illegalizing drugs was something only done rather recently.

as for sc2 i couldn't get into but i could definitely get into the single player campaign and its lore was quite immerisive. just gameplay wise I don't find the multiplayer as fun as coh.
5 Dec 2012, 00:23 AM

I don't fear anything on CoH2, what I do fear is Relic expansions.
5 Dec 2012, 00:40 AM

Eastern front was planned as third expansion ;)
5 Dec 2012, 09:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hmm not exactly, there was another expansion planned as third, but it's covered by secret :P
5 Dec 2012, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2012, 00:23 AMMexico
I don't fear anything on CoH2, what I do fear is Relic expansions.

This time Relic seems to be much more eager to cooperate with the community; patches are a loss of money; tinkering back and forth on the balance of the game *without adding true new content* is critically detrimental under any point of view; eventually, they learned the lesson.

My only concern is about the scarcity of Relic's resources for developing COH2; they'll need to pull off the very best with the very little available.
7 Dec 2012, 17:45 PM

Biggest Concern for COH 2

Performance. The risk of slow, laggy, jerky gameplay.

I started playing vCoH on a 2GHz single core with 1Gb RAM and a 516Kb graphics card. I couldn't max everything out but on anything but random 4x4W it still looked great and I got > 30:1 Games disputes easy.

Now 5 years on I'd estimate at least 15% of my games are vs people with less than 3 performance bars, "xxx's settings are too high blah blah' with frustrating jerky gameplay and black hole starts. That's on a i7-920 and 2Kb 6870. If you filter lobby games for at least 3 bars and ping < 600 it eliminates at least 50% of all games, many of which are still yellow ping. Then there is the NAT issue.

True sight is bound to require more processing power and Relic will feel obliged to add gimmicky graphical 'updates'. The average PC is not much more powerful now than it was 4 years ago and people expect to be able to play on their schoolwork laptop.

I mean we have all figured it out (except the rump 10% who still play with games:disputes < 10:1) but a lot of new players is going to make for less than impressive gameplay lower down the ladder and will put people off quickly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Russian Federation 79
unknown 55
United States 18
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L