Login

russian armor

DOW 3 - Help needed - Huge concern #RELIC #NOTROLL #BALANCE

• This thread is locked
3 Oct 2016, 10:24 AM

hello everyone,

you may have seen some balance issues in COH 2, some lack of communications and a game support being more and more dead.

Relic is now making a new game, called DOW 3, which they except to be a succcess and grab a lot of money.

But i think it's our duty to warn any people who would buy this game how much relic fucked up their past games.

In this goal, i ask you to support my thread on DOW 3 forum (no trolling because i don t want to get it locked)

let's show them WHO WE ARE and WHO GOT THE MONEY !

link :
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8614/what-to-except-in-term-of-balance/p1?new=1

best regards
3 Oct 2016, 10:45 AM
Senior Editor Badge

3 Oct 2016, 11:20 AM

I know Relic messed up lots of times with COH2 but i still love this game and therefore i cant help you with that.
Hopefully (for you guys, i don't play DOW) they wont mess up balance and other stuff as much as they did with COH2.
3 Oct 2016, 11:45 AM

Permanently Banned
#boycottdow3 i dont whanna but this game, make coh2 greate again and i give relic chance.
3 Oct 2016, 13:45 PM

This game is awesome (except brits).

If you don't like it, what are you doing on this site?
3 Oct 2016, 14:13 PM

le_saucisson_masque, strongly supports! +1
3 Oct 2016, 14:20 PM

This game is awesome (except brits).

If you don't like it, what are you doing on this site?

this game is awesome except brits ... That's exactly the problem : BALANCE between factions.

i'm glad you agree with me DonnieChan.

btw, you are the one always complaining on coh 2 balance, why are you also here ?

just to remind you, DonnieChan posts :

"i still wonder what relic thought when they designed the brits...
i simply don't know..."

"yeah i also think the mortar smoke commander is broken OP"

"Axis endured years over years of the russian 120mm Powermortar.
Ty LELIC ..."
3 Oct 2016, 14:21 PM

DonnieChan :
i'm not used to this forum, but i guess there are trolls like everywhere.

this thread is not about blaming relic,
it's to show them we will boycot any other relic game until they make real balance on the currents ones.
3 Oct 2016, 15:51 PM

Good luck with that.

As a side-note, the good news is that the cost of game development has gone up so much that initial sales aren't enough to cover for shitty design choices and bad support. Games need a dedicated playerbase buying DLC and hats, to be successful. The market is already saturated and people don't have the patience to wait 3 months in between patches anymore. So if Relic keeps up their P2W, P2P and balance mistakes along with their slow patch rate, DoW3 will wither and die without you helping it.
3 Oct 2016, 17:39 PM

This will definitely work.
3 Oct 2016, 19:27 PM

it would works if this community was a bit less shithead and more united.

Whatever, you all seem to like your usf mortar and british emplacements so yeah, don't change anything game is perfect.

i will go back in game, spaming stugs, bofors or usf mortar because yeah this is how it works.
can't play 90% of the commanders because they are completely fcked up :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
3 Oct 2016, 19:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Good luck with that.

Goooooooooood times.
4 Oct 2016, 04:42 AM
Patrion 14

count how many patches we had. think hard about whether relic consistently pump out new content to keep the game alive as long as possible.

think before you post, dont let emotion hijack your logic circuit and fuckin grow up.
4 Oct 2016, 06:58 AM

Oh my god.

Yeah, Relics shoud fear you. If you and another 50 or 100 biased kids wont buy Dawn of War III, SEGA will go bankrupt for sure.

You need to realize already what you are not even 0,00001% of their playerbase. In terms of sellings your actions means nothing, your opinion worth nothing, and you are not beautiful or unique snowflake. Just try to grow up and deal with it.
4 Oct 2016, 18:23 PM

Inferos : That's what sheep say, i won't stand up because i'm nothing.
But one, then one another, again and again makes a difference.

You are the kind of guy who would let his whole family geting raped by a gang because, "you are worth nothing, and you are not beautiful or unique slowflake"....

don't take it too much seriously, i don't know you, but growing up your balls would be a great thing.
4 Oct 2016, 18:25 PM

Pigsoup : Yeah, relic still wants the more people to play his game (because dlc + commanders + skins) and that's GREAT.

However, i'm just asking how relic could make a great balance in dow 3 when they obviously got no idea of what they are doing in coh 2 ?

Remember the AEC buff because brits were not good enough in 1 vs 1 ?
Remember USF mortar as good as ost one, when one is made to fight 6 men squad and the other 4.
and so on.
4 Oct 2016, 18:27 PM

By the way, i'm trying to stay as cool as possible, before locking thread or more, please make at least one warning.
4 Oct 2016, 21:01 PM

Sorry buddy, but too many of us are die hard fans, Wermahtboos, or simply have too much time and money invested into this game to boycott now.

If you said this from the release of the game, sure; but it's been > 10 years now
4 Oct 2016, 22:03 PM

hello everyone,

you may have seen some balance issues in COH 2, some lack of communications and a game support being more and more dead.

Relic is now making a new game, called DOW 3, which they except to be a succcess and grab a lot of money.

But i think it's our duty to warn any people who would buy this game how much relic fucked up their past games.

In this goal, i ask you to support my thread on DOW 3 forum (no trolling because i don t want to get it locked)

let's show them WHO WE ARE and WHO GOT THE MONEY !

link :
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8614/what-to-except-in-term-of-balance/p1?new=1

best regards

This is where I disagree with you. While Relic does have their moments of screwing up. We have to give them credit that they've managed to continue a game which didn't do so much with the public. (See Russia)

Years before, I remember a time when the Soviets were so reliant on doctrines that every Soviet player basically forgot some of their standard units because of their mediocre job or that they were useless. The SU-76 and and Penal units were lost in a sea of balance before Relic pulled them out of the waters and adapted them to be useful once more. There was once a time when the T-34/76 was ignored because it was completely terrible to begin with. Today, Relic managed to bring it back and become effective at killing infantry and light vehicles.

Armies like the USF and the OKW have completely changed since their release and for a good reason. No longer did the USF have to suffer manpower bleed like a stuffed pig, the OKW didn't have to spam volksgrenadiers with Panzerschrecks anymore. While the USF is stronger and the OKW has to adjust to the fact that they lost a 'reliable' way to kill tanks.

Bugs like the rain dance stopped Guards and the USF officers from leaping from their squad in order to fire their weapons.

Hell, the USFs ambulance used to have thirty second healing ability before it would stop. Once Relic changed the ability to be a turn on/off switch it alleviated the pressure on the shoulders of a USF player.

Its the small stuff that Relic does which makes me appreciate their work as developers since they happen to be balancing a game with multiple factors. The fact that they've balanced the game with RNG, cover, health, and damage without screwing the rest of the game up like Jenga blocks is quite impressive.

Even though Relic has managed to make mistakes where a Sherman could shoot shells like a machine gun, they've acknowledged their mistakes and made hotfixes at the time.

Just because they've fucked up in games like in vCoH or in the Dawn of War series, doesn't mean they have not tried to fix it. Compared what it used to be years ago, it has changed for the better since the release of CoH2. Although these fixes are very small, Relic has become more active in trying to improve the game.

Besides, if we boycott games made by Relic we would be hurting an already dying genre. Adding on, we may end up burying one of the most unique RTS games out there since games like Starcraft II or Cossacks III may not be the RTS game we enjoy. No other RTS game has that much extensive emphasis for the mechanic of cover than the games developed by Relic.

The really good RTS games are in the past and now they are gone. If Relic goes because of this boycott, we will end up pulling the plug on a developer group dedicated to RTS games. If that happens, then it will be rare for games like Dawn of War and Company of Heroes to get chances like Halo Wars. We should be grateful that Company of Heroes was salvaged after what happened to THQ.

Anyways, people are still going to by Dawn of War III. After all, Relic is the only game developer that makes decent gameplay about the dark universe of Warhammer 40k. I mean, half of the funny things on 1d4chan exist because of Relic.
5 Oct 2016, 13:32 PM
Benefactor 3110

Heyo le_saucisson_masque

If you do not like Dow3 do not buy it. I am not hyped but i will buy it anyway cause i support relic no matter what. I will play coh2 after a few weeks again anyway. At the end of the day it is just a game, don´t get carried away.
Just my two cents, no offence intended.

Best Regards

awa59b
Ps: relic has put a lot of work in coh2 it is not perfect but the game i like best.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★