Login

russian armor

[1v1] US Forces vs Oberkommando West

28 Sep 2016, 07:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hello everyone,

This is a game on Crossroads. I feel that I did decently in the early-to-mid game, but it went into the gutter as soon as the late game began.

Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
29 Sep 2016, 01:22 AM

Okay so this game made my inner USF fanboy feel sad, small errors started to pile up and in the end it lead to your defeat, so I'll give you a textwall for you!
Make of it as you desire, as this is the only army I play, hahaha~

-Strange bulletin choices, I'd recommend you get Live and Learn if you intend to play USF a lot, it's easily their best bulletin, because it buffs Rifles, use your bulletins to buff Rifles.

-You went for his side instead of yours, this went better than expect but you spawned on top on this map, being able to easily lockdown your resources is what make top spawn better on this one.

- When you got your Captain out, you could have used Supervise to make your Stuart hit the field sooner, I also don't know why you gave him the Bazooka when there was no light vehicle for him to fight... Keep his AI full power when you can!

- You didn't do enough damage with your Stuart, you used it to defend your flanks which is good, but you should have kept trying to snipe models at the sides up to the point he got 2 Raketenwerfers

- When you unlocked weapon racks at a good time, you could have double BAR to all your rifles, since you won't need grenades as much vs Prokw, you could have easily took over the entire map with the advantage they would have given to you.

- You lost a Riflesquad to Upgraded Panzerfusiliers, you should never fight those guys 1vs1, they will beat your rifles unless it's like Vet3 vs Vet 0, always double team them like Sturmpioneers.

- The Sherman loss! Later on you can afford to trade your Shermans away but, you must take care of your first Sherman as if it was your best friend's car, it was a huge setback.

- Getting bazookas way before the enemy built their first tank, you can always pick them up when you need them, get an AT gun if you want and keep your men with as many M1 Garands as possible.

- You went for Airborne brought a tear to my eyes, as much as I really love this commander, but it can be really hard to make it work... You only need one Pathfinder squad and keep it always behind your rifles and then later besides your Jackson to spot for them.

- If you saw he went for so many Panzers IVs then don't be scared to get an AT gun, support it with your Bazookas, Bazookas alone aren't effective unless the enemy goes YOLO with their armor... It got buffed and it's no longer trash!

- From here on you started to get chewed up little by little, you did got the 2 M36s Jacksons you needed later on when you play USF, but you didn't manage to secure any kill with them.

- Your 1st use of the P47s was very poor use of munitions, you should have saved that for when he commited his KT, which you seemed to know it was coming! Those planes need their targets to be slow Heavies or snared mediums for them to do some work

- I loved the gallant Jackson charge that did finally got you the kills you wanted! Next time you want to keep those Shermans alive, to let them soak up the hits and body block the enemies while you keep your Jacksons at max range, as they are very squishy...
About time that freaking Infrared Halftrack died, you should have gone and hunted it down way earlier, not that I feel it did much for your enemy.

- But it was a bit too late though, by then you had lost most of your army and their precious veterancy, keeping Rifles alive or getting suitable replacements like Paras with LMGs would have helped you a lot.

- 2nd P47 Strike was better but you didn't had enough support to make it work, the army size difference was too large at that point, but boy did that Pack Howitzer do some work by the end of the game.

TL;DR You played pretty decently so wor in improving your unit preservation, USF armor is very squishy but they pack a punch so you want to hit and run or flank often with it, they will be your lategame so you want to practice with them to know their limits.
I hope this looooooooong post helps you in someway when it comes to improving your enjoyment when playing as the USF.

29 Sep 2016, 07:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks Outsider Sidaroth!

I'll work on my unit preservation.

On Captain Zooks: I should purchase them after I see a 222, 251, Luchs, or Puma? I feel that relying on AT grenades that can be easily kited is a big problem, and so is retreating-on-sight because I lose a ton of map control.
29 Sep 2016, 12:28 PM

I never get handheld AT before I see vehicles. I'm always trying to maximize AI DPS. And don't be afraid that you must retreat one side of a map because Luchs can't be everywhere at the same time. And I wouldn't go for zooks if I see a Puma. Pumas can't really hurt your infantry so I never get zooks if I see one and have a vehicle on the field.
29 Sep 2016, 17:17 PM

Thanks Outsider Sidaroth!

I'll work on my unit preservation.

On Captain Zooks: I should purchase them after I see a 222, 251, Luchs, or Puma? I feel that relying on AT grenades that can be easily kited is a big problem, and so is retreating-on-sight because I lose a ton of map control.

You are welcome.

USF needs to preserve their Riflemen, since you have no baseline mines, without Snares you can't punish Armor overextending.

Yes and looking to upgrade weapon racks to get a few more, like having your Captain and your REs with bazookas will scare away anything up to a PZ4, don't worry too much about losing map control because light vehicles can't cap, and if your guys are facing light vehicles and infantry it's better to pull back until you are prepared.
You just gotta defend your high resources, VP and cutoffs, overextending vs USF can end very badly for your opponent.
30 Sep 2016, 01:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks for the tips everyone!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
Russian Federation 27
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias