Login

russian armor

Bugsplat before the game start

27 Sep 2016, 17:01 PM

Yesterday I've got the Windows 10 anniversary update and after this update, i played a game and anything works as usual.

As i started the game today I've seen nothing but a bugsplat, right after i clicked on the game icon.

What i've tried so far:
I deleted the game and downloaded it complete again,
updated my video card driver.

anyone has an idea?
27 Sep 2016, 17:18 PM
Patrion 27

same here, i started a next try with this gefore experience insteed common geforce driver
27 Sep 2016, 19:15 PM

i have an AMD card, so i don't think its a video card problem
27 Sep 2016, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2016, 19:15 PMmadin2
i have an AMD card, so i don't think its a video card problem

you could still try to erase your current graphic driver, then install the lastest one.

To be sure u did undersand me, don't update your current one, erase it, then fresh install a new one.

Worked for me when i went from windows 7 to windows 10
27 Sep 2016, 20:23 PM
Patrion 27

It came definitively with this Windows 10 update. I'm also did some clear installations of drivers and the game. The log file tells something about issues with the config lua file. Deleting the containing folder and this file, followed of a fresh game installation, does not solve the issue.

IMHO MS is responsible for breaking the game but Relic has to fix.
27 Sep 2016, 21:29 PM
Patrion 26

Had the same problem. I just reverted the update.. Solved it.
27 Sep 2016, 21:45 PM
Donator 11

It came definitively with this Windows 10 update. I'm also did some clear installations of drivers and the game. The log file tells something about issues with the config lua file. Deleting the containing folder and this file, followed of a fresh game installation, does not solve the issue.

IMHO MS is responsible for breaking the game but Relic has to fix.

MS is probably not responsible. Relic could just use something that was not officialy part of the api, for example implementation detail of something, and now when MS decides to change it, everything that used it stops working. That would be my bet. There is ofc also a small chance that MS changed something they shouldn't.

On a less serious note, with new update you can now run steamOS/linux version of coh2 on windows. It should work and is better optimised (or at least feeled that way last time I used it) but lacks playerbase.
27 Sep 2016, 22:00 PM
Patrion 26

In Relics defence, I had the exact same issue with other Steam games too.
27 Sep 2016, 22:05 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2016, 17:01 PMmadin2
Yesterday I've got the Windows 10 anniversary update and after this update, i played a game and anything works as usual.

As i started the game today I've seen nothing but a bugsplat, right after i clicked on the game icon.

What i've tried so far:
I deleted the game and downloaded it complete again,
updated my video card driver.

anyone has an idea?

Are you currently overclocking anything on your hardware?
28 Sep 2016, 11:57 AM

Had the same problem a while back. Try setting your sound options to a lower quality, that worked for me. The game is unable to load or something with the new routines of your RAM.
28 Sep 2016, 14:23 PM

I did not over clocked any system parts,
my graphic card is an over clocked model by the manufacturer and is oc by default, but decreasing to his standard value makes no difference.

this is what i got in the warnings log

16:13:16.56 SYSTEMCONFIG -- Failed to load configuration from 'userdata:configuration_system.lua'.

Application closed with error code 1129468744

where is the usual place for the configuration_system.lua because i couldn't find it in the mygames/company of heros 2 folder.

at W.DeVille:
how can i change the sound settings when the game won't start?

I'm guessing the issue is, that the game tries to load the configuration_system.lua which just don't exist.

EDIT: I did a clean re installation for the AMD drivers with no effect.
28 Sep 2016, 16:31 PM
Patrion 27

mygames/company of heros 2 is the default place.

Probaly I've found a solution: did a fresh install and started the game with english language. CoH2 comes up and there are 2 .lua files: configuration_user.lua and configuration_system.

crashs again
28 Sep 2016, 19:12 PM

can somebody upload his configuration_system.lua, maybe it helps if i joust copy by myself this file in the myGame folder.
30 Sep 2016, 12:12 PM
Patrion 27

Could you solve the issue?
Today I started a bug repport at Sega. The first response was "perform a validation of games files".
30 Sep 2016, 16:32 PM
Patrion 27

This sounds strange but...

I 've seen the config tool for the Ryos Keyboard was also disappeared after this Win update. After some investigations I found a post where an answer by the Ryos support was shown: "Please uninstall Skype Preview". Well, I did that. I don't use Skype. The Ryos tool came up again and...
CoH2 runs again!
Dunno about the coherences but it works :)

Powershell:
Code
Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
2 Oct 2016, 09:11 AM

I solved the issue by reinstalling my Windows 10

First i tried to roll back the anniversary update, with the result that i got a blue screen while windows was trying to boot, with the error message inaccessible boot device. Then i had no choice to format my SSD and reinstall my Windows.
2 Oct 2016, 09:24 AM
Patrion 27

I had responses of two guys that uninstalling of skype preview solves the issue.
2 Oct 2016, 09:45 AM

This would might helped me too, but i was to impatient. ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★