Login

russian armor

USF instant critical repair

26 Sep 2016, 02:52 AM

the ability should be 60 munition at the least. 15 mu is too cheap considering the faust alone cost 25 muntion.

I believe it's actually a measly 10 munitions.
26 Sep 2016, 03:22 AM

its a OP ability. i never liked it from the start. i wouldnt know how to balance it out or what to replace it with tho..
26 Sep 2016, 06:39 AM

I guess it goes in pair with USF not being able to plant stock mines.
26 Sep 2016, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2016, 00:55 AMwouren

I've noticed a pattern with people not getting your sarcasm :/

It seems I am forgetting important emoticons to make the sarcasm more obvious :foreveralone:
26 Sep 2016, 17:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It seems I am forgetting important emoticons to make the sarcasm more obvious :foreveralone:

If you are not using smilies then it's almost implied you are been serious around here. We have too many people who actually think like that :luvDerp:
26 Sep 2016, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2016, 06:39 AMEsxile
I guess it goes in pair with USF not being able to plant stock mines.

But M20 mines! :snfPeter:
26 Sep 2016, 18:57 PM

If you are not using smilies then it's almost implied you are been serious around here. We have too many people who actually think like that :luvDerp:

Thank you for the solid advice :sibTux:
Vaz
27 Sep 2016, 00:20 AM

But M20 mines! :snfPeter:

Sometimes I live and die by these mines!

The instant critical repair ability is something I don't use very often. I think on it's own, it is OP. However, in my experience there is rarely a time where I have a critical and have enough time to use this ability. Axis AT is pretty potent, so if there is AT around and I get a critical, the vehicle is lost. Using the ability in combat results in loss of the crew and an abandoned vehicle. Typically if I have time to use this ability, I almost always have time to repair it all the way. Also, almost every axis opponent I play against does not place vehicle mines, so criticals don't happen often. It's usually my misjudgement of faust range. Opponents will usually faust, just because they can, and typically can't finish the job (no followup attack). So with all that considered, not only do I think the ability is not OP, I don't even really think it's even relevant to balance. This is just my experience though. I don't play a lot of 1v1, so if it's being used in 1v1 or even 2v2 I wouldn't know.
27 Sep 2016, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2016, 00:20 AMVaz

Sometimes I live and die by these mines!

The instant critical repair ability is something I don't use very often. I think on it's own, it is OP. However, in my experience there is rarely a time where I have a critical and have enough time to use this ability. Axis AT is pretty potent, so if there is AT around and I get a critical, the vehicle is lost. Using the ability in combat results in loss of the crew and an abandoned vehicle. Typically if I have time to use this ability, I almost always have time to repair it all the way. Also, almost every axis opponent I play against does not place vehicle mines, so criticals don't happen often. It's usually my misjudgement of faust range. Opponents will usually faust, just because they can, and typically can't finish the job (no followup attack). So with all that considered, not only do I think the ability is not OP, I don't even really think it's even relevant to balance. This is just my experience though. I don't play a lot of 1v1, so if it's being used in 1v1 or even 2v2 I wouldn't know.

They work well, because more often than not, people forget they exist... So they get no sweeper until their Big Cat is now completely helpless.
If only LT tier was a bit more popular...

It's usually used when you break line of sight, for a quick fix to the engine and safely run away to finish repairs, I still believe it's only real problem is the "feature" that let's you cancel the animation and still get the repair done.
27 Sep 2016, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2016, 00:20 AMVaz
Also, almost every axis opponent I play against does not place vehicle mines, so criticals don't happen often.

Because their mines are either useless (because they don't work due to bugs, or because your opponent can simply repair the critical in a matter of milliseconds) or too expensive in comparison to what else you could do with all that ammo (like almost getting another MG 42).

Mines simply don't pay off anymore, be it either through their cost relative to their effect, or because they rely on exotic methods (both the Riegelmine and the M20 mine can be considered exotic at this point).
There would be an easy way to fix that (stun the vehicle/vehicle crew when hitting a mine, to further the effect without completely fucking up medium tanks, while also preventing super glue), but getting Relic to acknowledge that problem in the first place isn't going to happen - they have successfully ignored the Tellermine bug against British and American vehicles for quite some time now...
29 Sep 2016, 04:21 AM

The ability is perfectly fine. You have to put it in perspective in the faction as a whole, and all the factions and how they interact with each other.

Panzerfausts have a higher chance to snare, are easier to hit and quicker to get off. AT nades have less chance to snare, are more difficult to hit, take longer to get off, or sometimes don't go off at all (Times out? Bug?).

Panzerschrecks are much more effective as a handheld AT weapon.

The Wehr AT gun is much more effective than the USF AT gun. Although the OKW rak is not that great, it is cheap and available at T0, while the USF AT is behind T1 which is barely accessed by most players.

USF tanks have little safety nets for their tanks with critical repair being the only actual ability that may be able to save their tanks in emergency situations. Although it may aid in an emergency, it takes a considerable amount of map awareness, micro, and luck to achieve successfully without losing the crew, having the tank destroyed or worst, have the tank stolen. The only exception being the M10 gets speed on vet.

Axis tanks are much more forgiving compared to USF tanks. They have higher armour and health. They get the blitz ability, and the smoke ability with a few doctrines. Both of which are simple click to save buttons.

Overall, the Axis tanks are much more survivable than the USF tanks, and have much more effective AT options over the course of an entire match. Putting it in that light, the repair critical seems much more tolerable or in fact required to balance tank survivability.
29 Sep 2016, 08:31 AM

The ability is perfectly fine. You have to put it in perspective in the faction as a whole, and all the factions and how they interact with each other.

Panzerfausts have a higher chance to snare, are easier to hit and quicker to get off. AT nades have less chance to snare, are more difficult to hit, take longer to get off, or sometimes don't go off at all (Times out? Bug?).

Panzerschrecks are much more effective as a handheld AT weapon.

The Wehr AT gun is much more effective than the USF AT gun. Although the OKW rak is not that great, it is cheap and available at T0, while the USF AT is behind T1 which is barely accessed by most players.

USF tanks have little safety nets for their tanks with critical repair being the only actual ability that may be able to save their tanks in emergency situations. Although it may aid in an emergency, it takes a considerable amount of map awareness, micro, and luck to achieve successfully without losing the crew, having the tank destroyed or worst, have the tank stolen. The only exception being the M10 gets speed on vet.

Axis tanks are much more forgiving compared to USF tanks. They have higher armour and health. They get the blitz ability, and the smoke ability with a few doctrines. Both of which are simple click to save buttons.

Overall, the Axis tanks are much more survivable than the USF tanks, and have much more effective AT options over the course of an entire match. Putting it in that light, the repair critical seems much more tolerable or in fact required to balance tank survivability.
so many thing are wrong (or biased ) here first of all at nade is same the as panzer faust, Sherman is better than p4 ,panther Is shit, pak is effective vs heavy tank but usf at gun may get ap round has more fire rate and more angle and crew repair is already unique crit cost almost nothing is not doctrinal and is Istant really just another free thing for usf ,and no the lack of late game is no longer an excuse thanks to Pershing ,Calliope,terminator vet and out pop cap
nee
29 Sep 2016, 13:37 PM

Personally I would have either just make the ability take longer to effect (similar to OKW's Emergency Repairs time), or even just made it so it repaired much faster but at a small resource cost. I mean a lot of the time you also don't want the vehicle to just be a sliver of health when continuing withdrawal to safer lines anyways.

Here's another idea: the repair ability only instantly repairs one critical at a time, OR can only repair engine damage, and not weapon damage. IMO part of the problem is that a Sherman with both main gun and engine damage can immediately have both repaired in one go. Removing not one, but two tactical obstacles so quickly makes the ability a problem.
29 Sep 2016, 20:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

so many thing are wrong (or biased ) here first of all at nade is same the as panzer faust

Hmm nope ? They all do the same damage on pen (100), but have different pen, range and deflection values.

We have Gren Panzerfaust: which is also used by Falls. Avg 150 pen, 0.45 deflection, 30 range.
We have Volks faust: Avg 140 pen, 0.80 deflec, 20 range.
We have con AT nade: also used by Partisans/Tommies. No drop off 100 pen, 0.80 defection, 20 range.
We have Rifle At nade: also used by PF. 100 pen, 0.80 deflec, 30 range and min 5.

Not sure if this happens with Gren faust/Con AT nade as frequently, but i've issues with Volks faust/Rifle At nade firing (the bug on which u have to wait till the model that is set to fire, reloads and specially when that model dies and switches to another one).

No comment about both opinions on units as it's irrelevant. Superglue is OP (cost) and bugged (u just need a quick tap).
29 Sep 2016, 20:27 PM

Hmm nope ? They all do the same damage on pen (100), but have different pen, range and deflection values.

We have Gren Panzerfaust: which is also used by Falls. Avg 150 pen, 0.45 deflection, 30 range.
We have Volks faust: Avg 140 pen, 0.80 deflec, 20 range.
We have con AT nade: also used by Partisans/Tommies. No drop off 100 pen, 0.80 defection, 20 range.
We have Rifle At nade: also used by PF. 100 pen, 0.80 deflec, 30 range and min 5.

Not sure if this happens with Gren faust/Con AT nade as frequently, but i've issues with Volks faust/Rifle At nade firing (the bug on which u have to wait till the model that is set to fire, reloads and specially when that model dies and switches to another one).

No comment about both opinions on units as it's irrelevant. Superglue is OP (cost) and bugged (u just need a quick tap).
yea but it s not like one is better than the other some have range other have higher deflect
29 Sep 2016, 21:07 PM

I rather talk about smoke + blitz but ya know its a german thing ao its fine.
29 Sep 2016, 21:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

yea but it s not like one is better than the other some have range other have higher deflect

Deflection damage is meaningless.
Range is a huge factor for non sprinting units, specially against light vehicles.
Penetration is huge against medium and heavies.

Ex:
PF tries to snare a Sherman. There's a +33% chance to fail.
Volks tries to do the same thing, needs to get closer. +12% to fail
Falls from longer distance tries the same. 7%

Yeah "its the same". Just admit that you were wrong that they are all equal and continue discussing how superglue has always been bs (although there's no much else to discuss :P)
30 Sep 2016, 00:23 AM

its ook jesus or givme something more than paper jackson
30 Sep 2016, 00:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge

its ook jesus or givme something more than paper jackson

It's called Riflemen :P

The ability itself need to cost more and have atleast a 4 second delay rather than the 1 second delay before it activates. Also it would help if vehicle crews did not instant vet the moment their vehicle shoots someone or something.

Currently a Crew's veterancy requirements is 200/400/800
30 Sep 2016, 01:07 AM

Everyone on this thread is looking at this wrong. Given the armor values of the USF vehicles, they were probably assembled with superglue in the first place. The "superglue" repair is more of an OEM factory fix in the field. The US made something like 55,000 of these versus maybe 6000 Panthers produced, so assembly time couldn't have been too long either. Maybe a 1 second OEM factory fix is historically accurate.:bananadance:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★