Login

russian armor

[Whining Thread]For how long has this game not been upgraded

23 Sep 2016, 09:27 AM

It's been 2 months? 3 months maybe? Not to mention last upgrade is just to add some Anime Skins....

Is this game really that left for dead????

:huhsign: We need something new, anything! Even a minor bugfix or balance change could help.

23 Sep 2016, 12:12 PM

Most important, Bug fixes. Then Balance, then anything else!
It is sad or lame or pitiful or or or that Relic is not fixing the Bugs that are in the game for soooooooooooooooooooooo freaking long.
Shameful!
23 Sep 2016, 13:50 PM

Most important, Bug fixes. Then Balance, then anything else!
It is sad or lame or pitiful or or or that Relic is not fixing the Bugs that are in the game for soooooooooooooooooooooo freaking long.
Shameful!

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Balance changes (to make, rather than to make right) are the easy things. Fiddle with some numbers.

Bug fixes are the hard ones. One, you have to find out where in the code the bug is, and then hope the fixes you try don't break something else.

But sometimes the fixes are ones they choose not to make. In COH1 there was a bug in the m10 graphics that caused it to "misfire" (fires, but no round, losing a cycle). Modders fixed it early on and simply by disabling some of the open-top crew graphics. This could have been easily pushed out to everyone but it was never done. Perhaps because of a preference for the look?

I wonder if they get charged for patches by Steam, and that is why they prefer fewer but larger ones and ignore minor but easily fixed ones.
23 Sep 2016, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2016, 13:50 PMAvNY

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Balance changes (to make, rather than to make right) are the easy things. Fiddle with some numbers.

Bug fixes are the hard ones. One, you have to find out where in the code the bug is, and then hope the fixes you try don't break something else.

But sometimes the fixes are ones they choose not to make. In COH1 there was a bug in the m10 graphics that caused it to "misfire" (fires, but no round, losing a cycle). Modders fixed it early on and simply by disabling some of the open-top crew graphics. This could have been easily pushed out to everyone but it was never done. Perhaps because of a preference for the look?

I wonder if they get charged for patches by Steam, and that is why they prefer fewer but larger ones and ignore minor but easily fixed ones.

Back then Relic had an excuse for sucking since THQ was in such dire straits. Once SEGA bought them, they were under the gun to release something and the spaghetti code that we call COH2 was released. The pathfinding is horrendous and the particle effects are so badly optimized even high end systems chug when something blows up. And there's a 200-300ms built-in input lag in the game.

I don't know why they had to change the vCOH engine that much. vCOH still stands up very well today graphics-wise and the GUI was 1000x better.

But Relic just tries to make money above all else; they couldn't less about making a balanced, bug-free game which is why they released Advanced Cancer for Brits and other pay2win commanders while ignoring longstanding bugs.
23 Sep 2016, 19:09 PM

According to the interview recently with Quinn Duffy CoH2 was virtually complete in Relic's mind when THQ went down.

I mean I've been saying since 2013 that that must've been the reason CoH2 has appeared to be such a shoddy product compared to its predecessor, but apparently THQ's demise really did not affect CoH2's development the way we/I had thought all this time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 167
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak