Login

russian armor

[1v1] Wehrmacht vs Soviet Union

21 Sep 2016, 09:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mechanized Assault vs Soviet Shock Army

Played twice in a row against this guy, lost both games.

Opponent went heavy on support weapons, locked down a huge part of the map and I didn't know what to do.

Assault grenadier squads were called in for their mobility, but with multiple MGs at a single position I couldn't flank.

Should I have gone T1 and Mortar spammed?

Any pointers would be welcome.
21 Sep 2016, 09:18 AM

Will look at it.
21 Sep 2016, 18:29 PM

Okay so I watched it. Most of this wall of text is just blablabla.

This isn't going to be like my other reviews because I can't make it like one.

Simply there were no actual stuff that I could write. I either write like 4 pages writing down every single mistake or write a small but comprehensive one (as every mistake was the same).

I stopped writing after the 7 min mark.

Firstly: You should know what to expect from bulletins (ofc he went for T2 with 3 mortar bulletins)

Assgrens standing idle for 10 sec

Use control groups maybe you can improve your micro with that.

Big float, Should've gotten double mortars instead of double 222. 222s against garrisoned MGs in big houses are not really good. And 222s in general are a bad idea if you can't micro a static unit properly.

Use abilities - "assgrens were called in for their mobility". Then use the Sprint. And don't run forwards an MG. Try to get out of it's fire arc. Not a big deal isn't it?

Knowing units / Unit capabilities - You ran into the same MG multiple times (over 30, I counted!) in under a 15 min time span. The one MG you saw entering at the 1.40 min mark. What did you expect? That the opponent will get bored and eventually leave that house? That house was a goldmine for him.

Micro - most of the time your units were standing idle in the middle of the map (not literally tho).

2.20 min mark: Ran into mg in house when you saw it entering earlier. A lot of times after it.

4 min mark: MGs standing idle at base for 20 sec waiting for reinforce.

4.20 min mark: Should've thrown the assgrens grenade assault at the house preemtively so maxim would've taken big chunk of damage, not after the mg got in it.

6.50 min mark: Sprint could've saved that assgren from getting pinned

And all of these same things happened over and over again for 40 minutes.

You just have to learn the whole game's basics. I can't help with that.

And learn when to surrender. 22 pop cap vs 70, 29 pop cap vs 96.

TL;DR:
- You need to seriously improve your micro
- Need to learn the whole game basics
- Think like a normal people (like don't get a tiger if you only have 3 PGrens besides that)
- Stop floating, buy units. Literally everything, even a pio is better than nothing.
- Git gud (sorry I just couldn't resist after the replay) :)

PS: I'm sick, tired and everything and this was a really bad match so thanks for your undersanding, I hope you forgive me.

Oh, and I looked up your older replay request. Hector watched it. Literally every single mistake was the same in the 2 replays. We can't help you if you don't want to improve.

Here's the link: Most of that review fits into this and I didn't want to write that much if somebody wrote that down before me.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/55929/1v1-wehrmacht-vs-us-forces/page/1#post_id564337
22 Sep 2016, 06:52 AM

So after a long sleep let's restart this.

Sorry for my rant yesterday, but this was a really bad game.

Firstly it looked like you don't even know what to do the whole game.

Never teched - a single Tiger vs 3 ATGs and 2 SU-76s is a dead Tiger. A few P4s or StuGs could've worked better.

Don't pick lost fights - I don't know if it was the lack of micro or simply can't decide them. If it was micro, then start using control groups if you haven't done that before. CTRL + "number 1-9". This way you just press the appropriate number and R / T (depends on you use grid keys or not).

Again, as you said that you called in assgrens for their mobility. Then use their Sprint ability. It's not expensive and you always had the muni for it. Oh and don't run forward to an MG. You never tried to get off their firing arc.

You did the same mistakes over and over again. If you know there's an MG in the house and you can't clear it, just ignore that part of the map. But don't run into it multiple times.

You saw that he has 3 mortar bulletins. Then prepare yourself to counter mortars / maxims. Assgrens could've worked if you fully utilize them.

You bought 3 paks, where the opponent was not even near to build his T3 not speaking of a T-70. And you did this completely for the sole reason you floated 1k manpower. Oh and you never built T1. Wehr needs a lot of team weapons to be effective and not buying a mortar or 2 in an urbanish map is a deadly mistake.

As I said about the 222s earlier. It's not the whole story that you can't micro them. You rarely want these kind of light vehicles (UC, kübel, 222, US jeep, etc) because their pathing will make you cry.

And for the last thing. Again micro, you never really moved anything. Most of the time in a unit's life it was idle. So I couldn't really write anything if nothing happened.

Hope this review is a better one

Cheers :thumb:

22 Sep 2016, 07:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks for your patience.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L