Login

russian armor

Ostheer - The Dead Circle vs USF

23 Sep 2016, 09:58 AM

I would choose crushing T70 over current state between USF and OST :guyokay:

that's like saying you prefer death by drowning over death by fire.
23 Sep 2016, 10:09 AM

Well, crushing T70 is lesser issue when compare to current USF issues.
23 Sep 2016, 11:01 AM

Whilest the usf morter is frustrating, prehaps even cancerous, it is far from the worst issue the game has encountered.

Not even top 10 imo.
23 Sep 2016, 11:42 AM

Whilest the usf morter is frustrating, prehaps even cancerous, it is far from the worst issue the game has encountered.

Not even top 10 imo.

Huh, wonder what it's your top 10 Ostheer problems vs other factions then.
23 Sep 2016, 11:55 AM

Huh, wonder what it's your top 10 Ostheer problems vs other factions then.

I clearly said "it is far from the worst issue the game has encountered"

Do not put words in my mouth to promote your own agenda and do not try and pretend that this is the worst balance issue the game has faced since release.
23 Sep 2016, 12:02 PM

I clearly said "it is far from the worst issue the game has encountered"

Do not put words in my mouth to promote your own agenda and do not try and pretend that this is the worst balance issue the game has faced since release.

You said it's not even in top 10 so I wonder when was a time when OST vs USF matchup was even more broken than now.

Not if tubromortar which doesnt let you use infantry at all is not even top 10, then you must have some really, crazy list.

What's more, your view is very, very narrow. You only look at the mortar but you don't see overall point, how this mortar syenergizes with mobile Rifles, AA HT/Stuart etc etc
23 Sep 2016, 12:21 PM

You said it's not even in top 10 so I wonder when was a time when OST vs USF matchup was even more broken than now.

Not if tubromortar which doesnt let you use infantry at all is not even top 10, then you must have some really, crazy list.

What's more, your view is very, very narrow. You only look at the mortar but you don't see overall point, how this mortar syenergizes with mobile Rifles, AA HT/Stuart etc etc

Clearly your understanding of english is poor.

How many times must i requote exactly what i wrote.

I said "it is far from the worst issue the game has encountered".

Note i said the game, not Ostheer. If you wish to confine the scope of the thread to current issues then fair enough.

But don't accuse me of making statements that simply do not exist.
23 Sep 2016, 12:45 PM

I understand you perfectly but it seems you don't.

So I ask again, what issues game has encountered which were worse? Since mortar is far from them.

Sniper in M3?
What else?
23 Sep 2016, 14:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, I mean, that's probably less painful and your corpse won't be as wrecked immediately, right?
24 Sep 2016, 00:41 AM

I understand you perfectly but it seems you don't.

So I ask again, what issues game has encountered which were worse? Since mortar is far from them.

Sniper in M3?
What else?

So in your opinion, the sniper in M3 is the only op unit/mechanic in the entire existence of coh2 that is worse than usf morter.

:rofl:

Just off the top of my head, i would say any of the following units/abilities before they were nerfed were worse than the usf morter....

1. Tiger Ace.
2. Windustry.
3. Flamer Rifles.
4. LMG obers
5. CAS
6. Strafe.
7. P47 rockets.
8. Stug E
9. 1 CP shocks.
10. Leig Suppression.
11. Brits Centaur/Crocodile/Bofors
12. ISU
13. Ost Flame Halftrack.
14. Sov M5
15. Sov ptrs spam.
16. Sov B4

Disclaimer : I am not supporting the morter, nor am i making any comment relating to the current balance between usf and ost. I am simply saying the usf morter is not the worst bs unit/ability to plague the game over its entire lifespan.
24 Sep 2016, 02:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So in your opinion, the sniper in M3 is the only op unit/mechanic in the entire existence of coh2 that is worse than usf morter.

Just off the top of my head, i would say any of the following units/abilities before they were nerfed were worse than the usf morter....

1. Tiger Ace.
2. Windustry.
3. Flamer Rifles.
4. LMG obers
5. CAS
6. Strafe.
7. P47 rockets.
8. Stug E
9. 1 CP shocks.
10. Leig Suppression.
12. ISU
13. Ost Flame Halftrack.
14. Sov M5
15. Sov ptrs spam.
16. Sov B4

Disclaimer : I am not supporting the morter, nor am i making any comment relating to the current balance between usf and ost. I am simply saying the usf morter is not the worst bs unit/ability to plague the game over its entire lifespan.

Adding to that list:
-First version of USF turbomortar with maphacking tracking
-Assault Grens, Osstruppen and FHQ 3 days of terror
(i guess from now on i should leave bugs aside cause we wouldn't end and design issues such as blizzard or plane crushing)
-Snipers with sprint and precision strike on artillery (specially 120dmg 120mm mortar)
-Good old first version of maxim spam and MG42 suppression bulletins
-T70 crush
-Pio spam and suppressing Grens
-Katyusha and PW rocket damage
-IL2 strafe of doom
I guess i could keep going with EFA but that would be boring.
-USF vs OH was REALLY worst on release. Rifles > LT > Sherman > GG
-Defensive stance
-Doge 0CP
-CalliOP, Greyhound, 155mm barrage. Overbuffed AssEngies (although this would be on equal level to current mortar)
-RE volley fire
-Kubeljesus and Truck crushing/pushing
-Scavenge artillery
-2v2 double OKW fortification into KT meta
-1st version of JT
-1st version of Artillery cover + Air supremacy + Vanguard
-Free anvil upgraded engineers and churchills

IB4 USF fanboy:
-Limit picking LMGs from racks to 1. Nerf long range dps of BAR (25-35 range)
(AR should be nerf at long range across the board to PG STG44 standard, FG42 n IR STG, but those units would require buff/tweaks on other aspects)
-Adjust AoE on Stuart/T70. Stuart just need to be LESS RNG wiper with it's main gun. Stun shouldn't immobilize.
-CalliOP was nerf on the wrong aspect IMO. It should had 3/4 barrages of equal amount of rockets (you could space out a bit the time from each barrage) rather than just removing the 3rd 4rocket barrage.
-Mortar: fix bugs. Replace current vet1 scatter bonus. Either go for a reduce damage/lower range with a normal (not hyper turbo) barrage. You could actually give more identity to the pack Howie (if it could shoot at least 2 or 3 more shells on BARRAGE).
24 Sep 2016, 07:49 AM

1. Tiger Ace.
2. Windustry.
3. Flamer Rifles.
4. LMG obers
5. CAS
6. Strafe.
7. P47 rockets.
8. Stug E
9. 1 CP shocks.
10. Leig Suppression.
12. ISU
13. Ost Flame Halftrack.
14. Sov M5
15. Sov ptrs spam.
16. Sov B4

I hardly see how these were more gamebreaking. 12 are doctrinal therefore you didn't see them each game. Remaining 4 like Obers or Centaur still weren't first minute issue, therefore easier to prepare.

I don't recall that ony of these was actually seen every single game, hard to counter and completly shutted down infantry/weapons play. Maybe ISG suppression was close.
Tiger Ace was had to counter but it didn't stop you from using infantry with efficiency since it hit the field late. Etc etc etc

Only ISG with suppression could be worse than current mortar since it was seen everygame, it stopped from playinf infantry right away and was hard to counter.

The rest? Yea, issues, but not that common like Mortar, you didn't see them each game, they didn't kick your ass since first 2-3mins.
24 Sep 2016, 10:24 AM

24 Sep 2016, 12:06 PM

1. Tiger Ace.
2. Windustry.
3. Flamer Rifles.
4. LMG obers
5. CAS
6. Strafe.
7. P47 rockets.
8. Stug E
9. 1 CP shocks.
10. Leig Suppression.
12. ISU
13. Ost Flame Halftrack.
14. Sov M5
15. Sov ptrs spam.
16. Sov B4

Wow, can you get more off-topic than this? Why do you insist on derailing a present day Ost vs USF balance thread with ancient history? Who cares?
24 Sep 2016, 12:27 PM

Wow, can you get more off-topic than this? Why do you insist on derailing a present day Ost vs USF balance thread with ancient history? Who cares?

Insist on derailing the thread do I.

Lol. Whatever. Claims that the morter is the most broken unit in coh2 history is simply absurb and the continual creation of the same whine threads that no one from relic who actually matters bothers to read is pathetic
24 Sep 2016, 13:53 PM

1. Tiger Ace.
2. Windustry.
3. Flamer Rifles.
4. LMG obers
5. CAS
6. Strafe.
7. P47 rockets.
8. Stug E
9. 1 CP shocks.
10. Leig Suppression.
12. ISU
13. Ost Flame Halftrack.
14. Sov M5
15. Sov ptrs spam.
16. Sov B4

You forgot 0cp vet 2 riflemen at the start of the game :snfPeter:
24 Sep 2016, 15:00 PM

Insist on derailing the thread do I.

Lol. Whatever. Claims that the morter is the most broken unit in coh2 history is simply absurb and the continual creation of the same whine threads that no one from relic who actually matters bothers to read is pathetic

I already pointed you that almost all issues didn't have such impact like mortar.

Did Tiger Ace raped you since first minute?
How about ISU?

No? Yea, that's what I thought.

Plus I'd like to see a quote when I said that mortar is most broken unit in history :luvDerp:

Waiting... :luvDerp:
24 Sep 2016, 16:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I already pointed you that almost all issues didn't have such impact like mortar.

Did Tiger Ace raped you since first minute?
How about ISU?

No? Yea, that's what I thought.

Plus I'd like to see a quote when I said that mortar is most broken unit in history :luvDerp:

Waiting... :luvDerp:

The difference is that the mortar is not as OP/broken as the list of units and abilities which were mentioned before. Why? Cause it's an OH mortar with slightly better barrage and vet.
Yeah playing sniper every single game as OH can be boring, but you have the tools. You force LT tech and you either punish him waiting for waiting till AA HT or you go into the micro battle of M20 vs sniper and zook crew vs 222.

If you say that the list of things mentioned before were not as gamebreaking as the current mortar... You are right that you don't literally say it, but you imply it (seems Katitof teach you well in this aspect).

PD: if you didn't face those things 24/7 then that means at the time you were playing, you were not facing the top of the ladder where most people were "tryhards".
28 Sep 2016, 05:52 AM

The fact is "It was much more broken when Ostheer just build bunker and mg to block the road, and remain everything static which means he don't even have to micro, then keep spamming mortar when the time USF didn't have a mortar in team game."

Lollllll

Due to the USF mortar, OH players can't simply be lazy to utilize its troop at best performance anymore(when the time USF players have to keep his troop mobile with tons of micro) then try hard to blame on forum instead of learning to play?
28 Sep 2016, 06:06 AM

The fact is "It was much more broken when Ostheer just build bunker and mg to block the road, and remain everything static which means he don't even have to micro, then keep spamming mortar when the time USF didn't have a mortar in team game."

Lollllll

Due to the USF mortar, OH players can't simply be lazy to utilize its troop at best performance anymore(when the time USF players have to keep his troop mobile with tons of micro) then try hard to blame on forum instead of learning to play?

"Lazy ostheer player?"

You had a hard time vs bunker spam? Did you ever try separating your troops so they don't all get pinned and you can use smoke to negate bunkers? USFs didn't need mortar. Especially the one they got.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 104
Peru 41
United States 24
United States 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %