Login

russian armor

The state of balance atm...

20 Sep 2016, 02:54 AM

https://gyazo.com/d9fa7574bfc37c4717a63215cd92001f

Can we get a fix yet? pretty pretty please?
20 Sep 2016, 08:12 AM

change steam name, it will balance your stats ;)
20 Sep 2016, 08:41 AM

OKW is mostly fine.
Double OKW in 2v2 AT can do decent work.

But Ostheer...

I would say what was said many times.
Reduce LMGs to 1 per squad (in that case 1919 and Bren could see small buff, like 15%), keep 2 BARs per squad (but lower DPS like 10%) and maybe then Ostheer will be able to deal with allies.
20 Sep 2016, 08:53 AM

This has nothing to do with balance. Some factions suit you better, some not.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that balance is perfect right now!!!
20 Sep 2016, 13:04 PM

This has nothing to do with balance. Some factions suit you better, some not.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that balance is perfect right now!!!

well in 1s i do fine with them factions... So not sure its about what i play better as.

Same skill same reaction time same unit knowledge... only difference is the units and the balance of them.

Not to mention the synergy of the allied units... e.g Penals + AT support... or Fireflies + Marked target... silly stuff like that. Oh and lets not forget the double MG's of allied infantry.
23 Sep 2016, 20:54 PM
Patrion 310

I'm not a balance tester but I know one thing for sure. Balance should be based on TESTING, not a "personal feeling" which don't weigh the importance of multiple factors involved.
Probably more than 90% of all the community forum balance posts don't even qualify as serious testing/data analysis. But just personal feelings about the balance (bias). Ofc everyone should be entitled to an opinion, but that belong to the official balance forums.

If you actually cared about balance and help to make this underrated franchise become more popular. Then plz leave the job for the less vocal community members that actual know what they talking about. There is no need to make another clone of the official balance forum.
But sometimes the community don't really know what they want until they have it (non-biased community feedback to improve balance patch = more interesting variety in strategy and flow).
For a 3 years old game it is also unlikely that Relic will spend a lot of time checking the balance forum here + Reddit + steam.

tl dr version; This balance forum is pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

*SIGH*

COH2.org Balance posts:

The entire strategy forums, co-ops, Replay Reviews and campaign - total posts (State Office forums):

Imagine if COH2.org had 137871 posts helping new players get into the game instead of all this forum junk we have here. But no, we just keep dancing around the totem pole thinking we are still relevant to the future of this franchise.
For this forum to stay more relevant. Perhaps make it view only and restrict forum posting to a handful of community trusted balance tester.

23 Sep 2016, 20:59 PM

tl dr version; This balance forum is pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

*SIGH*

COH2.org Balance posts:

The entire strategy forums, co-ops, Replay Reviews and campaign - total posts (State Office forums):

Imagine if COH2.org had 137871 posts helping new players get into the game instead of all this forum junk we have here. But no, we just keep dancing around the totem pole thinking we are still relevant to the future of this franchise.
For this forum to stay more relevant. Perhaps make it view only and restrict forum posting to a handful of community trusted balance tester.

+1
23 Sep 2016, 21:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm not a balance tester but I know one thing for sure. Balance should be based on TESTING, not a "personal feeling" which don't weigh the importance of multiple factors involved.
Probably more than 90% of all the community forum balance posts don't even qualify as serious testing/data analysis. But just personal feelings about the balance (bias). Ofc everyone should be entitled to an opinion, but that belong to the official balance forums.

If you actually cared about balance and help to make this underrated franchise become more popular. Then plz leave the job for the less vocal community members that actual know what they talking about. There is no need to make another clone of the official balance forum.
But sometimes the community don't really know what they want until they have it (non-biased community feedback to improve balance patch = more interesting variety in strategy and flow).
For a 3 years old game it is also unlikely that Relic will spend a lot of time checking the balance forum here + Reddit + steam.

*SIGH*

COH2.org Balance posts:

+1,000

I keep saying we should just straight up delete/archive/LIMIT the balance forum as its completely utterly useless at this stage. Relic wont respond or even read our posts about balance(wheres dat screenshot where kyle admits he doesnt even read forums here :snfPeter: ), they've shown they only really look at something like a Competitive mod, or use their illuminati team feedback(which isnt a thing anymore)

We can make as many Ostheer UP threads as we want. wont change a thing
23 Sep 2016, 21:32 PM
Donator 11

OP, you should think of the fact that if you are ranked around 1000 there is a 1000 of other teams that are able to deal with allies, mainly becouse they are better at axis, but also at the game overall. So it's doesn't proove any imballance in any way.
24 Sep 2016, 08:34 AM

Few times when I saw someone new here making balance threads and seeing win ratio like 0.3 or 0.4 I adviced to go to strategy section becasue. Guess what, I was bashed by other members for being not helpful and rude :sibHyena:
24 Sep 2016, 10:55 AM

Permanently Banned
The PRO players only must speak about balance and how balance the game, we are plebs so we must just watch. Give PRO players chance to save the game.And like speak TOP players, relic balance are team are pro, so we must trust them.
24 Sep 2016, 16:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Few times when I saw someone new here making balance threads and seeing win ratio like 0.3 or 0.4 I adviced to go to strategy section becasue. Guess what, I was bashed by other members for being not helpful and rude :sibHyena:

And here we are with people complaining in the balance forum but are too scared of having a playercard or uploading a single replay to the site :rolleyes:

Unfortunately i think it's a little too late for that. If i could go back into the past, balance section should had a requisite of playercard + 1 replay uploaded to the site. If your post quality was low, then strategist + mod team could revoke permissions to post (not view) on the balance section (temp or perma). Lobby/Gameplay would remain open to everyone.
24 Sep 2016, 18:09 PM

Well if one makes player card relevant to balance suggestion than we would have another circle of pointless posts where player A would argue he is right because player B has a lower ladder position.

It is actually quite simpler to read, understand and rate a suggestion and not the person making it...
24 Sep 2016, 19:10 PM

USF is the best faction at the moment in 1v1. Allies are dominating 2v2 for a few months now. Ostheer is pretty boned as far as every game mode goes, apart from maybe 4v4. OKW is fine in 1v1 and 2v2, although at tad weak in 1v1 in my opinion (light vehicle meta). Soviets are sort of fine, cons stil suck, but at least penals can hold their own veryyyy well now. UKF is just a better ostheer but rapes all with double bren tommies and heavy engineers.

Nothing beats double USF in 2v2 where one goes CalliOPs supported by lmg riflemen blob and the other goes Airborne with paratrooper lmg blob or riflemen double bar blob supported by p47. Have fun boizz.
24 Sep 2016, 19:33 PM

Bugs > Quality of life changes > Frequent, frustratingly-unavoidable wipes (RNG or not) > Balance

Unless you are in the top-300, balance really doesn't matter that much. Why? Matchmaking will fix things for you.

Just take a moment and have a look at http://coh2chart.com/ and observe the how the winrates have changed since the June patch. Now, they are nearly the same, again, as it was before the June patch.

This is, even though, it is significantly more difficult to play OKW (no Volksblob) or OST (USF mortar) than before. Don't deceive yourselves; this isn't the result of players adapting to the meta. This is the result of the matchmaking algorithm adapting to the varying difficulty of playing the different factions.

On the other hand, bugs and questionable decisions that affect the quality of life of the players affect every single person playing the game. That is, apart from the top-300-ish competitive player, it also affects: teamgame players, compstomp players, campaign players, etc. That's massively more people than the competitive few players, for whom balance actually matters. As it happens, that's the biggest source of cashflow this game can hope of getting.

You can still enjoy an unbalanced game, by playing the underdog and fighting against superior odds. It's not always fun, but it's damn rewarding when it works. If you keep losing, the matchmaking algorithm will match you against easier opponents, with whom you have a better lee-way of trying non-meta strats and 2nd-rate factions.

However, if, every single time you play, you have to come face-to-face with the same 10+ debilitating bugs/features/whatever, it gets tiresome. Having a bugged game means that the game is going to quickly start losing its playerbase when active support (and meta-shifting) gets dropped.

The first game, CoH1, definitely has it's issues, but it's still pretty damn appealing to play. This is despite the fact that the meta has settled to the same do-and-repeat cheese over and over again for... 5-ish years? That's because, the vast majority of debilitating bugs has been crushed out of the game.

When units behave consistently, you can start basing strategies around them. If those strategies are too suboptimal to face the meta-cheese, you will get your arse kicked by the tryhards. But, at least it wasn't an undocumented game bug/feature that robbed you out of that victory.
24 Sep 2016, 19:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Bugs > Quality of life changes > Balance

Unless you are in the top-300, balance really doesn't matter that much. Why? Matchmaking will fix things for you.

Just take a moment and have a look at http://coh2chart.com/ and observe the how the winrates have changed since the June patch. Now, they are nearly the same, again, as it was before the June patch.

This is, even though, it is significantly more difficult to play OKW (no Volksblob) or OST (USF mortar) than before. Don't deceive yourselves; this isn't the result of players adapting to the meta. This is the result of the matchmaking algorithm adapting to the varying difficulty of playing the different factions.

On the other hand, bugs and questionable decisions that affect the quality of life of the players affect every single person playing the game. That is, apart from the top-300-ish competitive player, it also affects: teamgame players, compstomp players, campaign players, etc. That's massively more people than the competitive few players, for whom balance actually matters. As it happens, that's the biggest source of cashflow this game can hope of getting.

You can still enjoy an unbalanced game, by playing the underdog and fighting against superior odds. It's not always fun, but it's damn rewarding when it works. If you keep losing, the matchmaking algorithm will match you against easier opponents, with whom you have a better lee-way of trying non-meta strats and 2nd-rate factions.

However, if, every single time you play, you have to come face-to-face with the same 10+ debilitating bugs/features/whatever, it gets tiresome. Having a bugged game means that the game is going to quickly start losing its playerbase when active support (and meta-shifting) gets dropped.

The first game, CoH1, definitely has it's issues, but it's still pretty damn appealing to play. This is despite the fact that the meta has settled to the same do-and-repeat cheese over and over again for... 5-ish years? That's because, the vast majority of debilitating bugs has been crushed out of the game.

When units behave consistently, you can start basing strategies around them. If those strategies are too suboptimal to face the meta-cheese, you will get your arse kicked by the tryhards. But, at least it wasn't an undocumented game bug/feature that robbed you out of that victory.

+1
24 Sep 2016, 22:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bugs > Quality of life changes > Frequent, frustratingly-unavoidable wipes (RNG or not) > Balance

+7 cause cause +1 is too mainstream.
2 weeks ago, i had my 5th unit (OH mortar) bug out and couldn't retreat nor kill the model carrying the weapon. I was down a squad from the beginning and eating popcap for the whole match (didn't last too long).

Most things have been ironed through time. We are barely at a point where that priority can be hold true (been mortar the only outlier atm). It seems that the rest is fine tuning.
25 Sep 2016, 13:42 PM

OP, you should think of the fact that if you are ranked around 1000 there is a 1000 of other teams that are able to deal with allies, mainly becouse they are better at axis, but also at the game overall. So it's doesn't proove any imballance in any way.

Used to be in the top 100, for axis 2v2AT, until the dark ages of the ISU152 cheese. Since then its not really recovered lol.

I think the issue at the minute though is early game allied infantry is just too good. Especially when you think of things like... ostheer, is a static faction (grens need to be stood still to fire the lmg, and they rely on MG42 to stop the Rifle/penal horde which can just A+move at you.) So when they give the USF a mortar thats super accurate... suddenly standing still (the only way Ostheer do damage) is suicide.

Its only one of many factors but its a good example on how fucked the balance currently is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★