Login

russian armor

Reanactment - Roman Empire

8 Oct 2016, 21:18 PM

Something epic for you guys.

I was one of the barbarians (shirtless one with dual-wielding).

8 Oct 2016, 21:58 PM
Donator 11

You guys need to train javelin throwing more :D I mean I know you don't want to kill each other but this looked really bad at times, as if you had it in your hand for the first time.
8 Oct 2016, 22:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Ha ha :D nice video.
8 Oct 2016, 22:41 PM

You guys need to train javelin throwing more :D I mean I know you don't want to kill each other but this looked really bad at times, as if you had it in your hand for the first time.

The point is, tip is light, just a stick covered with fabric and without any weight at the tip it can easily turn over in the air.
8 Oct 2016, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

The point is, tip is light, just a stick covered with fabric and without any weight at the tip it can easily turn over in the air.

Then you should put something there, not pointed enough to deal damage but heavy enough to give the intended trajectory. Like a leaden ball covered with multiple layers of fabric or something similar.
8 Oct 2016, 23:28 PM

Then you should put something there, not pointed enough to deal damage but heavy enough to give the intended trajectory. Like a leaden ball covered with multiple layers of fabric or something similar.

There is already tennis ball covered with plenty fabrics ;)
8 Oct 2016, 23:33 PM
Donator 11

There is already tennis ball covered with plenty fabrics ;)

Tennis ball is not heavy enough. But it's kind of a good idea becouse you can put something really heavy between the ball and the stick. The tennis ball will then make sure you are not harmed with it and the heavy element that the javelin flies the way javelin does.
9 Oct 2016, 07:59 AM

Tennis ball is not heavy enough. But it's kind of a good idea becouse you can put something really heavy between the ball and the stick. The tennis ball will then make sure you are not harmed with it and the heavy element that the javelin flies the way javelin does.

It looks like this when you look at this from the side.
If you were insinde this, you would say different.

Point is, there were situations where people could lose an eye just becasue javelin was heavy at the tip. Even if the chance for such situation in 0,1%, after throwing 100 heavy javelins it's 10%.
9 Oct 2016, 09:27 AM
Donator 11

It looks like this when you look at this from the side.
If you were insinde this, you would say different.

Point is, there were situations where people could lose an eye just becasue javelin was heavy at the tip. Even if the chance for such situation in 0,1%, after throwing 100 heavy javelins it's 10%.

Yeah, you are right, I guess you made it as heavy as possible to keep it save at the same time. But maybe there is another way. You can hollow the wooden part of the javelin, similarly to the way some lances were made. That way, if some of the insides is kept in the front part but whole middle and rear part are empty, you can acheive better stability of flight without making the weapon heavier.
9 Oct 2016, 10:02 AM

Yeah, you are right, I guess you made it as heavy as possible to keep it save at the same time. But maybe there is another way. You can hollow the wooden part of the javelin, similarly to the way some lances were made. That way, if some of the insides is kept in the front part but whole middle and rear part are empty, you can acheive better stability of flight without making the weapon heavier.

Too much work when there are more important things ;)

They are really fine as they are. Point is, people don't know how to throw such light javelin.
They try to throw them into the air so they will start falling at heads but without weight it's kinda impossible and it turn over in the air. That's why people should throw it horitonally.
20 Oct 2016, 10:56 AM

My new gold fibule/brooch :romeoPro: :romeoPro: :romeoPro: :romeoPro: :romeoPro:

11 Dec 2016, 13:19 PM

Nothing facy here, but yesterday I finally made a small "temple" in the corner :D

11 Dec 2016, 14:32 PM

Permanently Banned
:hansGASM:
10 Jan 2017, 09:22 AM

A few shots from yesterday. Enjoy :)

11 Jan 2017, 12:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Nice one, if i would make movie about Late Rome Empire i will be invite you like barbarian :D.
11 Jan 2017, 15:37 PM

Nice one, if i would make movie about Late Rome Empire i will be invite you like barbarian :D.

No worries. Let me know when you will become movie director :megusta:
11 Jan 2017, 16:14 PM

Permanently Banned

No worries. Let me know when you will become movie director :megusta:

When Vivid invite me i write to you :D.
17 Mar 2017, 18:53 PM

Small update.

Time to catch some chicks thanks to the sweet and pure ancient music played by me on this ancient greek lyre B-)B-)

6 Aug 2017, 07:38 AM

I'm back!
Ok, just kidding. Too much into career so I truly lack time for CoH. It's been like 4 months without launching steam :guyokay:

Tho I have something to share! Enjoy

PS
If you ever thought you know what hot summer is like, try to wear over 20kg on yourself in 38C and fight :D

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★