Login

russian armor

GG Redesign/Rebalance Mod

17 Sep 2016, 08:31 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Hello! I've been working on a redesign and rebalance mod for about 2 months now. It's certainly far from complete and far from perfect, but it's open for testing now and I have my first tournament for it planned Sunday 25/09 3pm GMT. (There will be a proper announcement to come for it)

I'm not going to post the changes in here because then I would have to go through and reformat it all which would take ages, but here is the changelog that has all of the information and relevant links.

Steam Workshop Download
Join the mod Community on Discord or Steam Group so you can play some games and let me know what you think, there's a google Form link in the changelog for bug reporting and balance feedback. I'd especially really keen to get some shoutcasts on the mod in.

Tournament Annnounced
25/09 3pm GMT

I know a lot of people are going to whine about individual changes taken out of context without having ever played it but still, what do we think? :D
17 Sep 2016, 09:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I just read the changelog and... it's amazing! It is going to be my new favorite mod for COH 2.
P.S. King Tiger instead of clownskin Tiger is what i want too see for a long time.
17 Sep 2016, 09:46 AM

I just read the changelog and... it's amazing! It is going to be my new favorite mod for COH 2.
P.S. King Tiger instead of clownskin Tiger is what i want too see for a long time.

Thank me later, i gave GG that idea bro #KtNotOp
17 Sep 2016, 10:24 AM

Still think this mod is spot on :D
17 Sep 2016, 10:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2016, 09:46 AMKpen97

Thank me later, i gave GG that idea bro #KtNotOp

Hmm... i think this idea was taken from vCoH, where Tiger Ace was replaced with King Tiger with Opposing Fronts release. :p
17 Sep 2016, 10:50 AM

I don´t get why the Grenadiers shouldn´t have the MG42 upgrade any longer? It was the most iconic feature of German squads to have MGs equipped for every squad.

You are spot on with your description of the Panther. I like your idea of giving it a better rate of fire at the cost of range. Yet getting rid of the Vet2 bonuses is not right. That was the only saving grace for the Panther. You are turning it into a glass cannon role.

All in all good changes though.
17 Sep 2016, 10:53 AM

Seems like huge buff to okw.

Ost and Okw are more similar than ever.

This would likely kill LV meta. Usf capt tier, why build m20 or AA halftrack ever and stuart probably only if luchs or AC is present.

Pack 40 in t0, really, with double schrecks on obers and in a faction with stock heavy and easy access to panther. Seems like overkill.

Mg34 in t0, will easily give okw strongest opening and almost always result in indirect fire meta. Instead of Sp rushing to cutoff will be replace by SP and mg34 rushing cutoff only slightly later.

Linear teching, wheres the decision making ?

All up many good changes but also some that would leave me not playing the game.
17 Sep 2016, 11:05 AM

I agree with all apart from heavy changes ,ptrs on penal,and ober stg
17 Sep 2016, 11:52 AM

hey TheMachine,

i am since a long time a coh2 player and your post made me register on the forum, something i would never do because of all the shitheads on it, just to congratulate you.

This mod is a huge step in the RIGHT direction, everything is well thinked and designed.

Now we should all spread it everywhere and make it the most popular possible, that's the only way to force RELIC to take it into consideration.

In fact the only way to make good balance on this game is do it ourselves by making mod that Relic can simply copy pasta, otherwise the game is as dead as Relic.

congratulation
17 Sep 2016, 11:58 AM

That's a very mightily-appealing collection of changes.

1. Regarding the Panther:
- There is 1 second of reload cycle time that's hidden under "wind down" time.

Thus, the reload cycle buff you gave to the Panther will only amount to about -15% reload time. That might not be sufficient given the loss of survivability in vet2

2. Aesthetics-wise, it would be nice to keep the lieutenant squad side-by-side to the Pathfinders.

3. It would be nice to have a solution for passive, free-to-use wall-hack devices: Valentine, IRHT, kubelwagen. They take away too much of the FoW mechanics with very narrow chance of a counter-play:
- e.g., make wall-hak detection a timed pay-to-activate ability
- adjust the construction cost of the vehicle so that it remains attractive to summon.

4. Since you seem to be adding a mobile mortar to the brits, you could already repurpose the mortar emplacement into a garrisonable-trench thing that gives a buff to garrisoned mortars (e.g., additional barrage range). Thus, we can start phasing brace out from the game.

17 Sep 2016, 12:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Great initiative, perhaps this is the mod that people will go to after the base game has been forgotten. thumbs up!
17 Sep 2016, 12:45 PM
Patrion 15

Read most of them but there are too many changes to have opinion. I guess we should play&observe how does It work on action. Just a small feedback about allowing, teching more accessible and lower costs: current teching costs forcing players to do the right thing. Also giving some edge to the player who had read the situation better.

For e.g. (just because It was the newest) at last week at stream, VonIvan brought call-in Puma on the field when USF has just teched to bars where he needed MG's and that cost him entire map control.

Since Relic is starting to close things out and move on to DoW3 soon I guess we potentially could see Community Balance mod tourneys much more. Just like in Age of Empires 3 where I still watch and enjoy.
17 Sep 2016, 13:35 PM

vCoH 2: Electric Boogaloo: the mod
17 Sep 2016, 14:58 PM

lol, ultra nerf to KT for only 20fuel cheaper
17 Sep 2016, 14:59 PM

test by cheat command
1 allow 1 pick bar and bren from rack but Vicker K form M3 supply half-track Can double pick
2 double Lmg and BAR can use but only pick some lmg form falling squad or vickers K
3 Mechanised commander allow build 250 with Gren+mg42 by 160 Manpower 40 fuel
4 Grenadier model 24 grenade share cooldown with First aid
5 OKW infantry can self-heal on vet 3
6 Panzer Headquarters build on hq sector I no reason why should spend 60 munition for active 20 mm flak gun ?
17 Sep 2016, 15:13 PM

Why would you make usf's teching linear without changing teching costs? You are essentially making them unable to get medium armor til way after every other faction.
17 Sep 2016, 15:39 PM

I dislike what you did with snipers and tank shells. Brummbarr can only kill 2 at a time? What about tiger? They aren't in the meta and now they never will be. They were really good against blobs and now they can only dmg 2 models in each shot?
17 Sep 2016, 16:07 PM
Senior Caster Badge

test by cheat command
1 allow 1 pick bar and bren from rack but Vicker K form M3 supply half-track Can double pick
2 double Lmg and BAR can use but only pick some lmg form falling squad or vickers K
3 Mechanised commander allow build 250 with Gren+mg42 by 160 Manpower 40 fuel
4 Grenadier model 24 grenade share cooldown with First aid
5 OKW infantry can self-heal on vet 3
6 Panzer Headquarters build on hq sector I no reason why should spend 60 munition for active 20 mm flak gun ?

Thanks! Very helpful
17 Sep 2016, 16:11 PM

I dislike what you did with snipers and tank shells. Brummbarr can only kill 2 at a time? What about tiger? They aren't in the meta and now they never will be. They were really good against blobs and now they can only dmg 2 models in each shot?

maybe you didn't understand the aim of this mod, make coh 2 a bit less RNG and a bit more based on skill.
There are thousands of other blob counters (the main one is MG), you don t need a 13 CP Tiger to kill a blob.

But i see on your playercard that you are a 4 vs 4 player, so i guess your review doesn't even count.
17 Sep 2016, 16:15 PM

maybe you didn't understand the aim of this mod, make coh 2 a bit less RNG and a bit more based on skill.
There are thousands of other blob counters (the main one is MG), you don t need a 13 CP Tiger to kill a blob.

But i see on your playercard that you are a 4 vs 4 player, so i guess your review doesn't even count.

Maybe you aren't a top player, so i guess your ignorant reply doesn't count.

If you are gonna make a strictly, EXPENSIVE anti-inf tank kill 2 models max, why not just remove them from the game?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 457

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment