Login

russian armor

Soviet Teching Gone Intimate

14 Sep 2016, 21:32 PM

Original Post Source

Now, just about every man, woman, and child on this forum has, one way or another, heard about Soviet Side Teching Syndrome (SSTS), which is a very serious condition pertaining to the SU HQ Techs. see it from this trumpish quote:

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Soviet Union sends its Side Tech, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you (points at weapon racks). They’re not sending you (points at bolster infantry). They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with balance. They’re bringing extremely slow molotovs. They’re bringing unnecessary resources dumping. They’re useless. And some, I assume, are good techs (points at HQ Medics).

As seen from the quote above, Soviets have some of the most archaic, redundant, and most ineffective side techs in my life, I bet that if OKW got a 200 manpower, 20 fuel side tech that boosts sWs Truck durability by like 20%, that would more useful than the soviet molotovs.

So lets get cracking, or like the ancient Hawaiians Soviet players used to say: grenades throw faster than molotovs, but its not as refreshing.

Field Hospitable
Is good. nothing to see.

Molotovs and AT(Anti-Tangerine) Grenades
Molotovs need to throw a good 1 second faster 1st off, if Volk Firecrackers, costing double and requires no teching, can be thrown in 1/5 of the time of a molotov, we have a problem.

What needs to also happen is the fusion of the AT and Molotov Techs into one, neat, soviet rationed packaged. If the USF can get smokes and nades in a single package too, why not Yuri & Company?

As for the cost of it, it can be 250 manpower and 20 or 25 fuel. that seems reasonable enough for government work.

The 3rd slot
With both grenades now married and having kids, we have a power vacuum of no 3rd tech.

Now, we could be """""SOME""""" people and just ignore it. Or we could make a new tech that potential ad some extra paprika to the SU love army life.

I personally have 2 ideas, both:

-Unlockable at T4
-Cost 300 manpower, 100 fuel
-take 30 seconds to research
-are guaranteed fun ;)
-comes with free rosemary beads and three turtles

Now, that is where the differences end, and the similarities beg--
wait, other way around.

TECH IDEA 1: RAPID REINFORCEMENT
Infantry reinforcement costs and reinforcement speed reduced by 20%, conscripts get an additional 10% reduced reinforcement cost speed.(to a total of 30%)

This tech will give the SU some breathing room with mid-late game manpower bleed, make conscripts more useful in the same time frame. and is truly a side tech as your choose between rapid infantry deployment, or a T34 /better tank.

TECH IDEA 2: SOVIET WAR MACHINE

After researching, for every 2 non-clown, car player-bought vehicles destroyed by the enemy, receive a free T34/76 from command

A more controversial tech in my opinion, but essentially a permanent vehicle-esque rapid conscription passive.

B-b-b-bbb-bb-bb--b--bbb-bbbbuuT Grittle! Muh Soviets will just spem cheap vehicles for free t34s!!!!!!!

That may be right, but I, in my superior intellect and common sense, made it so the T1 scout car AND captured vehicles (From USF ally or unlucky Axis Player) does not count to the War Machine count.

Not only that, but the cheapest non-scout car vehicle a Soviet play can currently deploy is the T3 Halftrack, which costs 270 Manpower, 30 fuel, and 5 pop cap.

BBBSBDIUVFIVDUS-BUT GRITTLE IT COSTS 20 LESS FUEL TO LOSE 2 HTS FOR 1 FREE OVERPOWER T34/76 PLZ NERF IT--

Calm yourself son, once you hear me out, you can get some milk and cookies, okay?and also unban Katitof plz thnx bye

OKkay...

There, now let me explain,

30*2=60 fuel, 20 less than the 80 for the T34, understandable argument, but hear me out

270*2=540 Manpower, 240 more manpower than the T34, you could have bought yaself a conscript with that premium

5*2=10 popcap, so no USF 112/100 pop cap parties there

But by throwing away 2 Halftracks, you may save 20 fuel, but here's the catch, if you can actually catch...

-You lose 240 manpower
-You gave the enemy free vet from 2 halftracks and potentially free HT if one falls to RNG and abandons
-You spend about 10 seconds longer building 2 Halftracks than actually building the T34/76
-And most of all, the OKW has Salvaging, and I dont see that many players blowing up their 210 manpower kubels to salvage the 5 free fuel from it in the safety of their HQ sector...

Svanh has made a mod detailing all the changes in this Idea (Except Soviet War Machine, He used Rapid Deployment indstead) Here
14 Sep 2016, 21:50 PM

All ok apart for the war machine not beacuse its op but because it goes against the principle of the game ,unit preservation we could just Make so tank build faster and use less pop cap
14 Sep 2016, 22:33 PM

All ok apart for the war machine not beacuse its op but because it goes against the principle of the game ,unit preservation we could just Make so tank build faster and use less pop cap

Its not against Unit Preservation, you still get punished heavily for losing 2 vehicles, all the time, vet, would be gone

Think of it as Soviet Health Insurance, with a deductible pay of 300 manpower, 100 fuel and 2 vehicles.
14 Sep 2016, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2016, 22:33 PMGrittle

Its not against Unit Preservation, you still get punished heavily for losing 2 vehicles, all the time, vet, would be gone

Think of it as Soviet Health Insurance, with a deductible pay of 300 manpower, 100 fuel and 2 vehicles.
yea but it incentives reckless move and suicide attack
15 Sep 2016, 01:23 AM

I agree that molotovs are often not worth their unlock cost but other than that sov side techs are ok. Having to pay some fuel for snares seems fair price to pay for getting medics without any fuel,muns or building requirement.

Side tech idea 1 is ok, but side tech 2 is a pretty crazy idea. What do you do to that t70 that is killing your inf? Do you destroy it knowing that it will be replaced by a free t34?

Anyway you're dreaming if you think Relic would do something like this, if you want to ever see it start learning how to mod.
15 Sep 2016, 01:24 AM

3rd option: Conscripts get 3 PPShs. Stacks with doctrinal PPShs.
15 Sep 2016, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2016, 21:32 PMGrittle
Grittle Post!

Here's a present from your fairy godmothermodder. Ignore the description, I've implemented both upgrades in the same mod (mutually exclusive of course).

I'd prefer the second option simply because it's easier to balance.

The molotov looks silly currently because I just took a second of its wind-up time. If I have time I might see if I can fix it up a bit.

Have fun. :)
15 Sep 2016, 12:57 PM

3rd option: Conscripts get 3 PPShs. Stacks with doctrinal PPShs.

I'm sorry, we have shock troops.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2016, 06:24 AMSvanh

Here's a present from your fairy godmothermodder. Ignore the description, I've implemented both upgrades in the same mod (mutually exclusive of course).

I'd prefer the second option simply because it's easier to balance.

The molotov looks silly currently because I just took a second of its wind-up time. If I have time I might see if I can fix it up a bit.

Have fun. :)

I am always forever in your debt.
15 Sep 2016, 15:57 PM

The third slot could be a supply upgrade like the old vCOH upgrade, cost maybe 200mp, 80fuel: reduce upkeep drain by 10%, than you can have supply level 2 at the same cost for another 10%. That way SU can stay competitive into really late game.
Also I think T4 should include a weapon rack upgrade that gives PTRS and PPsh, it's not like those 2 weapons are overly OP.
16 Sep 2016, 08:35 AM

Nope.

Reaching T34/85 is already super easy with the soviets. T70 even easier. In early game all you have to do is build Penals with flamers and Guards. You spend munition on weapon upgrades and in late game all you do is T34/85 and Mark Target.

Reinforcement already cheap enough. No need for make it even cheaper. Tanks can be reached already too easily... T34/85 is a tank like P4 always wanted to be.

So no, i think these changes would make soviets more OP and more like an easy mode. They already easy enough.
16 Sep 2016, 15:12 PM

I like how everyone assumes Guard Motor by default anymore.

But Shocks are always still apparently an option. :P
17 Sep 2016, 04:16 AM

yea but it incentives reckless move and suicide attack

Disagree.

It's almost an axis buff. The panthers and p4s would largely benefit from having more soviet tanks on the field. It would also tie up pop cap if they needed it for su85s or katushas.

The point is the pros and cons of the proposed mechanism would relatively balanced and would reward skill.

I like it from a flavour stand point as well.

I would be in favour of a similar mechanic for sov losing infantry and getting conscripts. Maybe 3 to 1.
17 Sep 2016, 14:47 PM

I like how everyone assumes Guard Motor by default anymore.

But Shocks are always still apparently an option. :P

27 Sep 2016, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 08:35 AMRiCE
Nope.

Reaching T34/85 is already super easy with the soviets. T70 even easier. In early game all you have to do is build Penals with flamers and Guards. You spend munition on weapon upgrades and in late game all you do is T34/85 and Mark Target.

Reinforcement already cheap enough. No need for make it even cheaper. Tanks can be reached already too easily... T34/85 is a tank like P4 always wanted to be.

So no, i think these changes would make soviets more OP and more like an easy mode. They already easy enough.

Where did you get t-34/85 from. He said t-34/76, the shitty one.

Do you even know the difference between the two? Probably not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★