Login

russian armor

PzWerfer vs Calliope.

13 Sep 2016, 12:35 PM

what is better? To wipe out a squad (or maybe 2-4 squads) or pin them? HM?

I would choose the wipe out.

Arty is to efficent and powerfull in this game.

Rememeber the 2.WW? The russian bombard 2-3 days the axis front....with nearly 30-40 k (thousands!!!) shells. after this inferno...they attack...and 90% of germans where alife!!

Bunker was the answer...but german bunkers in coh2 are too weak.

even the brits trench is harder to destroy
13 Sep 2016, 12:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

German bunkers could be 'useless'or 'underperforming' or 'too weak' etc if that is what you think, ullumulu.

Please try to avoid words like 'shit', which only demean the content of what you are trying to write. Thanks

Back to topic.
13 Sep 2016, 13:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Excited post invised.

We are in process of cleaning up the Balance forums, which means moderating your attitudes to each other, including the way you express your thoughts. Introducing expletives for the fun of it tends to be incendiary and should stop, please.

Back to topic.
13 Sep 2016, 13:44 PM

If the devs would be so productive... ;)
13 Sep 2016, 13:55 PM

1. Just no..

- Panzerwerfer rockets are (slightly) stronger than Katyusha rockets
- ... they come down almost instantly
- ... they still instapin.

Do you have any stats/first-hand experience/whatever to back your claim up?

2. Alpha-strike long-range one-hit-wipe wonders are cancerous.

We've already been experiencing this from September 2015 to March 2016 (?). There is no need to repeat the mistakes of the recent past... again.

Honda Accord vs BMW 3 series.

One is clearly better
One is clearly more expensive
One is more luxury and powerful

One out numbers the other 10 to 1 on the road.... I'm sure you get my point there...
13 Sep 2016, 14:13 PM

Honda Accord vs BMW 3 series.

One is clearly better
One is clearly more expensive
One is more luxury and powerful

One out numbers the other 10 to 1 on the road.... I'm sure you get my point there...

No, I clearly don't.

Both Katyusha and Panzerwerfer cost the exact same amount of resources (MP/FU/Popcap), and yet Panzerwerfer is still a bit better than the Katyusha.

I am not going to respond to further post of yours in this thread, unless you explicitly state what it is that makes Katyusha better than the Panzerwerfer.
13 Sep 2016, 14:42 PM

No, I clearly don't.

Both Katyusha and Panzerwerfer cost the exact same amount of resources (MP/FU/Popcap), and yet Panzerwerfer is still a bit better than the Katyusha.

This may have some truth to it in team games. But In 1v1s Wehrmacht T4 is a rarity, unlike russian T4. So the cost doesn't match because you'll invest plenty just to have access to it. Not sure how you match the qualities of PW and Katyusha against one another as they are very different in terms of how they work.
13 Sep 2016, 16:26 PM

This may have some truth to it in team games. But In 1v1s Wehrmacht T4 is a rarity, unlike russian T4. So the cost doesn't match because you'll invest plenty just to have access to it. Not sure how you match the qualities of PW and Katyusha against one another as they are very different in terms of how they work.

You are right. Teching is an externality we should consider.

Moreover, the performance disparity between the Katyusha and the Panzerwerfer (with the Panzerwerfer being the better of the two) isn't that noticeable to even worth stating.

Nevertheless, the statement "Katyusha > Panzerwerfer" is plainly misinformed. The sole purpose of me pointing this out was to break that illusion.

It's one thing pointing out that the Calliope still hasn't received appropriate nerfs by comparing it to the Panzerwerfer (as the OP has done).

It's a completely different thing trying to, incorrectly, lump the Katyusha on the same sack as the Calliope/Land-mattress to nag for Panzerwerfer buffs.
13 Sep 2016, 16:57 PM
Donator 11

As a main allied fanboy (lel) I would like to know why PzWerfer is so shit and Calliope so good.

What pushed for this thread? Just done 1v1 vs USF.

Calliope vs PzWefer.

Non-doc Calliope killing unlimited amount of models, leaving Paks40 without any chances to survive.
Meanwhile PzWerfer shooting directly at mortar - 2 models down.

Point is not to buff PzWerfer but nerf Calliope so it acts like a Katyusha.

Don't get it why call-in is way more powerful and durable than T4 unit.

So what's the reason behind sucking Pzwefer and wiping Calliope? Or maybe different way. What's the reason for normal acting PzWerfer and way way more powerful Calliope?

Come on, if you were ever said to be a main allied fanboy then who aaa is? An incarnation of satan himself? :D

As for the topic itself calliope should be more like hotchkiss in its design - neither a good tank or artillery, but powerful just becouse of this insane combination. So it should be more effective than any other rocket arty at minimal range, but the performance should drop much faster than in case of its counterparts.

Also - ALL kinds of rocket arty should reload like sturmtiger. I don't get how they reload pwerfer or katy from inside of it...
Phy
13 Sep 2016, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2016, 04:39 AMpigsoup
pwerfer is fine. calliope and land mattress are not.

This.
13 Sep 2016, 18:05 PM

Come on, if you were ever said to be a main allied fanboy then who aaa is? An incarnation of satan himself? :D

Ask siu-king :luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp:
13 Sep 2016, 18:42 PM
Donator 11

Ask siu-king :luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp::luvDerp:

That explains things :D
13 Sep 2016, 18:57 PM

Arty is to efficent and powerfull in this game.

you haven't played coh1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS