Lead Strategist Badge

15 Sep 2016, 19:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2016, 04:27 AMFaHu

Yes B-)

Still single too huh? :rofl:
15 Sep 2016, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2016, 17:03 PMCruzz
According to the terms and conditions ( http://legal.relic.com/war-paint-terms-and-conditions ) to which you, as a player, agreed to:

The Russian Federation has been on the list since the annexation of Crimea, so in actuality neither Noggano nor Jove were even allowed to sign up. They did anyway. So even if the Vancouver milestone hadn't been hit, if Relic actually followed their own terms and conditions they should've been disqualified anyway.

What the bullshit?
Phy
15 Sep 2016, 21:28 PM

According to the terms and conditions ( http://legal.relic.com/war-paint-terms-and-conditions ) to which you, as a player, agreed to:

The Russian Federation has been on the list since the annexation of Crimea, so in actuality neither Noggano nor Jove were even allowed to sign up. They did anyway. So even if the Vancouver milestone hadn't been hit, if Relic actually followed their own terms and conditions they should've been disqualified anyway.

Relic once again got rekt by cruzz Kappa
16 Sep 2016, 05:47 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Wow, this is good. So Relic invited Jove and seeded him #1, knowing full well that they could disqualify him at any time at their leisure. That really takes the cake. :facepalm:
16 Sep 2016, 08:41 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

"However, Noggano will be named the #1 Contender in the CoH2 community for the World Champion title and we will attempt to give Noggano a fair shot at this title in the near future where relatively equivalent prizing will also be on the line."

Ehm no? Noggano still can't take part in the next cup... :facepalm:
16 Sep 2016, 08:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

hmm Wonder what the relic asseaters have to say about that LUL
16 Sep 2016, 09:13 AM

It's an unfortunate situation all round, but I don't think Relic have behaved improperly.

It's entirely normal for a company sponsoring an event to want it to be public. That's why they do it after all, more eyeballs, higher profile. If a competitor can't make it to the venue, that's a problem.

For the rest of us, there's some lemonade to be made. Just think, we can all spend the next twelve months discussing whether whoever is eventually crowned could have beaten Noggano, the King Over The Water. It will be great fun. There could be grudge matches, there will be discussion any time these three go against each other. It's all grist for the entertainment mill.
16 Sep 2016, 09:58 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I think Relic don't often read our Threads on this page, so I made a post in their forum.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243043/question-about-terms-and-conditions-of-tournament#latest

After 12 min i got a response. Not from Relic, but from a mod, who locked down my thread.

"First: I do want to make clear that I do not speak for Relic or SEGA for this paragraph. According to my understanding of the political situation, The Russian Federation is not a sanction country. There are indeed sanctions in place due to the Crimea incident, but according to the most up-to-date list that you provided, the sanctions are against specially designated nationals of of Ukraine or Russia, but not a country sanction. Therefore, I do not see any infractions of the tournaments T&C, and no disqualifications are required.

[Moderator Input] Personally, I do understand that you wish to discuss the T&Cs of this tournament. However, since you clearly specify in the opening post that this thread is targeted towards Relic whilst demanding a response from Relic staff, I am closing this thread. Threads should encourage discussion between fans rather than require participation from Relic or SEGA staff. I do encourage you to get an answer to your question, therefore I highly recommend to contact Relic or SEGA directly to discuss what you believe are legal issues of this tournament. I do strongly believe that you will get better results than discussing legal issues in a fan oriented discussion forum.
HTH"
16 Sep 2016, 10:05 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Lolz that answer though :foreveralone:
16 Sep 2016, 10:46 AM

I think Relic don't often read our Threads on this page, so I made a post in their forum.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243043/question-about-terms-and-conditions-of-tournament#latest

After 12 min i got a response. Not from Relic, but from a mod, who locked down my thread.

"First: I do want to make clear that I do not speak for Relic or SEGA for this paragraph. According to my understanding of the political situation, The Russian Federation is not a sanction country. There are indeed sanctions in place due to the Crimea incident, but according to the most up-to-date list that you provided, the sanctions are against specially designated nationals of of Ukraine or Russia, but not a country sanction. Therefore, I do not see any infractions of the tournaments T&C, and no disqualifications are required.

[Moderator Input] Personally, I do understand that you wish to discuss the T&Cs of this tournament. However, since you clearly specify in the opening post that this thread is targeted towards Relic whilst demanding a response from Relic staff, I am closing this thread. Threads should encourage discussion between fans rather than require participation from Relic or SEGA staff. I do encourage you to get an answer to your question, therefore I highly recommend to contact Relic or SEGA directly to discuss what you believe are legal issues of this tournament. I do strongly believe that you will get better results than discussing legal issues in a fan oriented discussion forum.
HTH"

Nothing wrong with the mod's official answer.
Personally I woould have given Noggano the 2nd place prize money and Jesulin the 3rd place prize money + the trip to vancouver for the finals. (Since Relic really wanted to make the offline final happen) However Relic's decision seems to be final. Let's just stop all this arguing... there is no point to it. Yes things were handeled poorly and some rules are really shady but decisions were made and we can't do anything about it.
If you keep picking at the wording of the rules there won't be a lot of future events by Relic. I certainly wouldn't want to hire a lawyer to check the rules everytime a tournament is planned.

16 Sep 2016, 11:10 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Nothing wrong with the mod's official answer.
Personally I woould have given Noggano the 2nd place prize money and Jesulin the 3rd place prize money + the trip to vancouver for the finals. (Since Relic really wanted to make the offline final happen) However Relic's decision seems to be final. Let's just stop all this arguing... there is no point to it. Yes things were handeled poorly and some rules are really shady but decisions were made and we can't do anything about it.
If you keep picking at the wording of the rules there won't be a lot of future events by Relic. I certainly wouldn't want to hire a lawyer to check the rules everytime a tournament is planned.

I did not said, that the mod is wrong or right :)

And its not about which place noggano should get. Its about the future. I mean they can fix their terms or not?

In their cups its about money. And if someone want to be annoy and get a lawyer, there can be troubles.
There are alot of lawyer ,who just searching for these things.
16 Sep 2016, 11:25 AM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

I did not said, that the mod is wrong or right :)

And its not about which place noggano should get. Its about the future. I mean they can fix their terms or not?

In their cups its about money. And if someone want to be annoy and get a lawyer, there can be troubles.
There are alot of lawyer ,who just searching for these things.

You are not nogganos mother. Why even make those trouble about something he could stay and talk alone with the admins/mods of the tournament.
16 Sep 2016, 11:49 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 11:25 AMFaHu

You are not nogganos mother. Why even make those trouble about something he could stay and talk alone with the admins/mods of the tournament.

Its not about Noggano lol. For me idc if Noggano gets 2 or 3 Place.

Its about Relic and their Company. There is a Problem and i hope they will fix it in and for the future.
I think they did not consider it very well. And I still have a small belive, that Coh2 is not to 100% death^^
16 Sep 2016, 12:03 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

Its not about Noggano lol. For me idc if Noggano gets 2 or 3 Place.

Its about Relic and their Company. There is a Problem and i hope they will fix it in and for the future.
I think they did not consider it very well. And I still have a small belive, that Coh2 is not to 100% death^^
there wasnt really a problem. All 32 invited players get an email where exactly stay that you have to travel for the finals, if you get into the finals. If you cant, doesnt matter which country you are. You get disqualified. So if jesulin couldnt travel at the time, when the finals are he would get disqualified too. Disqualified mean. Your scores you reached get too deleted.
Hux
16 Sep 2016, 14:09 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 12:03 PMFaHu
there wasnt really a problem. All 32 invited players get an email where exactly stay that you have to travel for the finals, if you get into the finals. If you cant, doesnt matter which country you are. You get disqualified. So if jesulin couldnt travel at the time, when the finals are he would get disqualified too. Disqualified mean. Your scores you reached get too deleted.

If (hypothetically) Jesulin does sign up anyway, even after reading the email, then gets to the finals and can't make it then you do have a problem though. There may not have been a problem initially, but there is now! and this is exactly what's happened. Imagine if 2 or 3 of the remaining players had done the same - what happens in that case?

Sega need to make sure all bases are covered and formalities are met before things even begin.The terms and conditions of the tourney are a bit slippery anyway;

[Entrants] must not be legally resident in any countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include:.......Please note that the list of sanction[ed] countries can change at any time <--- your country could fall into this list mid way through the tourney...

if Milestone 5 is achieved, participants must be able to attend and compete in the Grand Finals at Relic Entertainment’s Studio in Vancouver, Canada.

So if Noganno signs up anyway before Milestone 5 is met he's fine but as soon as it's reached he's in breach? Why wouldn't he sign up initially? milestone 5 may never be reached (as far as he knows)

I hope the next tourney learns from this.

16 Sep 2016, 14:20 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 14:09 PMHux

If (hypothetically) Jesulin does sign up anyway, even after reading the email, then gets to the finals and can't make it then you do have a problem though. There may not have been a problem initially, but there is now! and this is exactly what's happened. Imagine if 2 or 3 of the remaining players had done the same - what happens in that case?

Sega need to make sure all bases are covered and formalities are met before things even begin.The terms and conditions of the tourney are a bit slippery anyway;

[Entrants] must not be legally resident in any countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include:.......Please note that the list of sanction[ed] countries can change at any time <--- your country could fall into this list mid way through the tourney...

if Milestone 5 is achieved, participants must be able to attend and compete in the Grand Finals at Relic Entertainment’s Studio in Vancouver, Canada.

So if Noganno signs up anyway before Milestone 5 is met he's fine but as soon as it's reached he's in breach? Why wouldn't he sign up initially? milestone 5 may never be reached (as far as he knows)

I hope the next tourney learns from this.

he just had to lose in semifinals, that he didnt get disqualified, because it was still clear that he has to drive to vancouver, before the semifinals were. And if you wouldnt be have time in the month of the finals, you should probably not sign up. Most people are between 16-26 probably, so normaly everyone should be have time who sign up and able to travel^^
16 Sep 2016, 14:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Why should DevM have to beat Jesulin twice?!?

If that helps, think of it as a double elimination round B-)

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 14:20 PMFaHu

he just had to lose in semifinals, that he didnt get disqualified

Kyle writes that you are disqualified even if you make it to the top 2. This implies that you are also disqualified if you don't make it to the top 2 (which would be consistent with the rule in terms&conditions). They probably wouldn't check if you are eligible in this case, though...

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 14:09 PMHux
Imagine if 2 or 3 of the remaining players had done the same - what happens in that case?

Well, according to Kyle's addendum to the rules in the mail, they would be disqualified and replaced by competitors. The mail doesn't define how, though. Given that the finals haven't happened yet: Redxwings, you're potentially still in it :)

Agree, these "you are disqualified if something that you can't influence happens later" rules probably are suboptimal.

If they feel that playing the final in Vancouver is important for whatever reason, being able to make the trip should be a requirement from the get go. And at least passports should be checked then like Bloodnok suggested.

I'm wondering: So, Kyle wrote in the email that if the trip would be a concern you should contact him ASAP. Apparently, Noggano didn't do so right away and he definitely should have.

However, what would have happened if he would have?

Would Kyle have told him to not participate? Advised him to lose in the semi-finals because they wouldn't check if he had to be DQ'ed? Changed the rule?

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment