Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
11 Sep 2016, 10:42 AM

This is so ridiculous. If you DQ a player, the other player wins.

In what universe do we wind back the clock and give somebody else a chance???

If you DQ Noggano, Devm wins. That's just basic tournament rules. It's a single-elimination tournament. Those who lost (Von, Jesulin, and all the rest), ARE ELIMINATED. What are we playing here, Back to the Future?

JUST THIS, it's so unfair to Naggano who obtained at least a 2nd place. So when Relic means that they can't wait for him so pay him his money he deserved, so Kindergarden to make it this way which they actually go. >:(
A_E
11 Sep 2016, 11:00 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I agree with the solution mentioned above of giving noganno third place prize money as compensation. Then having the third place competitors compete for a right to play in the final. Seems like a fair approach given the circumstances.
11 Sep 2016, 11:16 AM

Give Noggano the 2nd place prize money, let whatever two guys get flown out fight for the 1st place and 3rd place money, problem solved.

Nope this doesn't work because currently, DevM has 1000$ save. If you change the rules like that and he would lose in the finals, he would earn 750$ "only".
11 Sep 2016, 11:18 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2016, 11:00 AMA_E
I agree with the solution mentioned above of giving noganno third place prize money as compensation. Then having the third place competitors compete for a right to play in the final. Seems like a fair approach given the circumstances.

Why not make it an online final and let noggano play and give devm his trip later?
11 Sep 2016, 11:43 AM
Senior Caster Badge

There's plans and things made for finalists to fly out. The event was organised with the potential of a live final in mind which was always the plan that it was going to be hit. You wouldn't see ESL cancel a live event because a player couldn't turn up. People's entire schedules can't just be thrown about for 1 person.

A lot of people have put effort into making this tournament happen, and a live final is deserved. This entire situation could have been avoided by either reading emails, or making contact when we found out Milestone 5 was reached before the quarter finals

Relic have already said in their official statement that they are giving Noggano a chance to win an equal amount of money in another tournament later this year as a #1 seed for a World Champion tournament (spoliers) as further compensation fo an unfortunate event.
11 Sep 2016, 11:55 AM
Patrion 15

There's plans and things made for finalists to fly out. The event was organised with the potential of a live final in mind which was always the plan that it was going to be hit. You wouldn't see ESL cancel a live event because a player couldn't turn up. People's entire schedules can't just be thrown about for 1 person.

A lot of people have put effort into making this tournament happen, and a live final is deserved. This entire situation could have been avoided by either reading emails, or making contact when we found out Milestone 5 was reached before the quarter finals

Relic have already said in their official statement that they are giving Noggano a chance to win an equal amount of money in another tournament later this year as a #1 seed for a World Champion tournament (spoliers) as further compensation fo an unfortunate event.
y

I as a spectator fail to see the benefits of a final in Vancouver and a online final would still be a live final anyways.
The whole idea of the milestone 5 seems a little stupid to me. and if it fails like it did one should not Stick to the strange idea to fly people half way around the world for a online game
11 Sep 2016, 11:59 AM

What would have happened if Devm called in sick just before the final?
11 Sep 2016, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2016, 11:59 AMI984
What would have happened if Devm called in sick just before the final?

What if Aliens attack the human race tommorrow?
11 Sep 2016, 12:24 PM

Sorry, but you're not contributing.
11 Sep 2016, 12:31 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Then we will be fucked :snfPeter:
11 Sep 2016, 13:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Out of curiosity, can we have an unofficial grand final where DevM plays against Noggano in a best-of-five?
11 Sep 2016, 15:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge

y

I as a spectator fail to see the benefits of a final in Vancouver and a online final would still be a live final anyways.
The whole idea of the milestone 5 seems a little stupid to me. and if it fails like it did one should not Stick to the strange idea to fly people half way around the world for a online game

It's actually a really nice gift to the players in this community. It created a big prize for the community to buy skins for (Which they have) and also for the players to enjoy and give them a reason to fight hard and give us good games.

Anyone who didn't like the idea didn't need to participate
11 Sep 2016, 17:49 PM

If I had known Noggano couldn't play, I would not buy those ugly WPC skin.
11 Sep 2016, 17:55 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Sorry DevM, your Semi-Finals match result has been invalidated by the tourney organizers. Please play it again.

:P :facepalm:
11 Sep 2016, 19:15 PM
Patrion 15

It's actually a really nice gift to the players in this community. It created a big prize for the community to buy skins for (Which they have) and also for the players to enjoy and give them a reason to fight hard and give us good games.

Anyone who didn't like the idea didn't need to participate

Well this particular "gift" tured out to be a not such a great thing for noggano. I bet that some other participants would not have been able or at least would have been facing someserious troubles travelling to canada as well.

As much as I like relics efford to organize this tournement, I think its safe to say that this particuar "price" was not so well thought through.

I like to watch the top players of this game compete and I realy dont care if they have a passport, a job, are underaged, have fear of flying, dont enjoy spending 50+ hours in planes or on airports etc.

As things turned out so far it would have been the best choice for noggano to loose his match vs vonivan intentionatly to get a chance to play for money - now that is simply a horrible design of a tournement.

Again, who benefits from having the players in person in vancouver to play their game? I can emagine that the trip, despite the efford that comes with it might turn out to be some kind of adventure for a young gamer but still... relic could have given the tip as a price to the winner after the final series.

As a spectator do i get anything out of the fact that the players are physically in the same spot? - i doubt it - there might be some sort of show and interviews that might be nice but is that stuff more important than simply having the best players compete - rested and playing with the equipment and settings they are used to?

What does relic get from having the players doing the games in their HQ? I would guess good PR - but how is hosting this kind of tournement with advancing the number3 player to the finals good PR?

anyhow - apart from nogganogate I really enyoed the tournemnt so far. It had some truely great gameplay and superb casting. I hope that relic learns from this mistake.
11 Sep 2016, 23:31 PM

As a spectator do i get anything out of the fact that the players are physically in the same spot? - i doubt it - there might be some sort of show and interviews that might be nice but is that stuff more important than simply having the best players compete - rested and playing with the equipment and settings they are used to?

Relic can't even properly play their own game, much less conduct a worthwhile analytical interview with a tournament winner. :P
12 Sep 2016, 02:15 AM

I bet that some other participants would not have been able or at least would have been facing someserious troubles travelling to canada as well.

I like to watch the top players of this game compete and I realy dont care if they have a passport, a job, are underaged, have fear of flying, dont enjoy spending 50+ hours in planes or on airports etc.

---

As a spectator do i get anything out of the fact that the players are physically in the same spot?

---

What does relic get from having the players doing the games in their HQ? I would guess good PR - but how is hosting this kind of tournement with advancing the number3 player to the finals good PR?

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel about it. The notice is too short, and the hassle isn't worth it for the amount of money involved. If it wasn't Noggano's problem it could easily have been someone else's.

From a spectator's point of view I don't care one bit about having the finalists together in the same room. Footage of two pasty dudes staring intently at computer screens followed by some awkward interviews doesn't add much to the viewing experience.

I see the trip more as a reward for the players, a way of keeping them around and serving as ambassadors for the game, while also raising the esports profile of the game. With the bungling that has occurred though I don't see these goals being achieved.

The best solution in my eyes is to conduct an online final and include the Vancouver trip (with time of winner's choosing) as part of the first and second place prizes.
12 Sep 2016, 16:20 PM
Patrion 14

This should not get too much drama to be honest. interest, sure, but this is not too gray of a problem.

whether it was in only fine print or not, it is noggano's fault for not trying to get a passport or raise this issue in the beginning.

the community could've also helped this by trying to raise this issue constructively early on but as far as i know, no one did. i am guilty of this as well; i read milestone 5 and thought "that's cool... how would that work? ooh, we got a game" and nothing else.

Relic also should've notified players more often: this tourney is the first of its kind and obviously, the community was not ready for such big moves. and relic should've accommodated more.
12 Sep 2016, 18:38 PM

Sucks for everyone to be in this situation. I feel for Noggano, and he's one of my favorite players, but the official rules per Kyle's email say that a failure to be able to make the trip to Vancouver result in a DQ and the next player being moved up.

Wish they were written as more of a spot swap (Jesulin plays Von for the chance to go then the loser plays Noggano for 3rd) but it is what it is.

At least we still get live finals, which is pretty cool.
12 Sep 2016, 18:44 PM

I've been thumbing through this thread, do they have a date for those grand finals?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 611

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak