Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
10 Sep 2016, 16:06 PM

Can any of the tourney participants post the rules pls?
10 Sep 2016, 16:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Relic originally announced that the finals would take place on Sept.11th, one week after the Quarters/Semis. Thinking that two players could be flown from anywhere in the world to Vancouver with less than 7 days to arrange the trips was a ludicrous notion in the first place. We all saw problems with this coming from a mile away.

To then go and cite some fine print in the rules to DISQUALIFY NOGGANO for not being able to satisfy this condition is completely and utterly unfair and unreasonable. The original plan/rules said ONE WEEK. What is it now, one month? A month in a half? Things are being changed along the way, so you can't go and say "well he broke the terms and conditions of the rules" because you are changing those rules as we go. Basically, Noggano should not be blamed for poor planning on Relic's part. He deserves the second place prize at minimum.
10 Sep 2016, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

:loco: hacking and cheating is something different to changing hotkeys. Even small things like voice language is important! imagine jove who doesnt speak english playing with english audio :foreveralone:

live finals have no benefit to this tourney and cause a lot of trouble. just ditch this stupid idea and carry on. it spoils this otherwise good initiative of relic to give something back to the community.

Also i have to admit that i didnt read the rules for this tourney. but i cant imagine that it is stated anywhere that every player has to be able to play the finals in vancouver if it comes to that. to disqualify noggano is a poor move. at least give him the 2nd place price money, which he earned! anybody who says something different cant be in his right mind, i'm sorry! he won the semi-finals thus he won min 1000$...

If Noggano logs in from his account the steam client will automatically download russian language for him. Even if they force them to play on different accounts the language change option is still there an there is no reason why they would make him play in english.

All the other inconveniences are equal for both players. If they are need their hotkeys changed relic can just allow them both to use autohotkey, problem solved.

Belive me or not but there are many people out there who think that top players are not really that good and use cheats instead. Live even would prove them wrong. Also live event is something community was silently dreaming of for 10 years now. Not to mention that in most e-sports wins in live events are much more important than in online tourneys.

And yeah, he earned that money. Relic should do what they can, including financial support, to bring him to canada for the finals instead of threathening him with disqualify.
10 Sep 2016, 17:06 PM

The status of this has changed because it was unfair to allow all 6 players to compete for second place again. The whole thing was a mess which is unfortunately caused because Kyle wanted to try and work around the unfortunate situation that Noggano can't make the live event, which was a written requirement of the tournament terms and conditions if milestone 5 was to be reached. Noggano says he can't do it, even though Relic are still giving him time to make arrangements if he can, so hopefully he does actually come.

Initially to try and keep things fair, Kyle was going to guarantee Noggano third place money, and have 6 finalists compete for 2nd place but this didn't work as some players refused the idea (Which I agreed with). So the fairest option in a pretty unfortunate event was to stick to tournament rules set out from the beginning which unfortunately means if Noggano can't make it he is DQ'd and third and fourth place move up a slot.

If we are all thinking with our sensible heads which is what we've discussed with Relic, the terms and conditions of the tournament were given before players participated and therefore the way to deal with this situation is already written in the rules. Trying to work around a breach of conditions and disqualification is unfair to the other players for which this situation is nothing to do with them.

This. I don't want to be unfair with Noggano but I made sure my passport was ready if milestone 5 was to be reached. Kyle explicitly stated to all seeds that if someone was unable to travel that it be known before the tournament started back in early August when everyone received an e-mail.

10 Sep 2016, 17:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If Noggano logs in from his account the steam client will automatically download russian language for him. Even if they force them to play on different accounts the language change option is still there an there is no reason why they would make him play in english.

All the other inconveniences are equal for both players. If they are need their hotkeys changed relic can just allow them both to use autohotkey, problem solved.

Belive me or not but there are many people out there who think that top players are not really that good and use cheats instead. Live even would prove them wrong. Also live event is something community was silently dreaming of for 10 years now. Not to mention that in most e-sports wins in live events are much more important than in online tourneys.

Good points. :)

After the minor fiasco of the initial Vancouver visit in 2013, there are issues which Relic still seem not to have properly grasped. e.g. in this tourney, they could have made it a prerequisite that all contestants send in a current passport. This would have killed two birds with one stone: 1) valid passport and 2) identity. It leaves out the other issue of visas, but the rules cover this. No visa = disqual. Harsh, but a rule is a rule.

In the current dire situation, it makes good PR to send both Jesulin and Von to Canada, to play for 2nd place. In terms of money wasted on other tourney stuff this year, this costs little.
10 Sep 2016, 17:34 PM
Donator 11

To back up von's statement, here is the email I received regarding tournament stuffs.

Email

I mean if this matter is too complicated to fix, I'd be more than willing to accept 2nd place and lose 0-5 against DevM with style, and getting the second place prize. I think we would alllllllll be happy about this. /s
10 Sep 2016, 18:17 PM
Donator 11

To back up von's statement, here is the email I received regarding tournament stuffs.

Email

I mean if this matter is too complicated to fix, I'd be more than willing to accept 2nd place and lose 0-5 against DevM with style, and getting the second place prize. I think we would alllllllll be happy about this. /s

Didn't Noggano just say that he tried to contact Relic about this?

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 13:01 PMNashka

I tryed to contact with someone who hosted this turney before quarters, but they just ignored my messages. I didnt know that player who can't fly to Vancuver will be discqualificated, I prepared for this turnament more then 1 month and that was totally wasted. Why they cant just replace me and VonIvan and let me play against Jesulin for the 3d place and throw VonIvan to the Final?
10 Sep 2016, 18:18 PM

Email

The email clearly states 11th of september as the date for the Finals. They changed that date themselves, altering the agreement. They now can't start and disqualify players simply for not following the "agreement". If you change it yourself as you see fit along the way, you can't expect players to respect your agreement, since you yourself change it, let alone disqualify them for not following the agreement that you yourself simply change when it suits you the most.

Noggona is perhaps in the wrong for not realizing that he needed to get his passport in order, but Relic is in the wrong too for disqualifying someone for not following an agreement that they themselves alter whenever they see fit.
10 Sep 2016, 18:26 PM
10 Sep 2016, 18:32 PM

sad story. it is not easy to get a visa for canada for a russian citizen: i need vista to play 1v1 tournament... i can imagine the russian officer saing KappaClaus
10 Sep 2016, 18:32 PM

Official statement from Relic

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/09/10/wpc-grand-finals-update

"All WPC participants were explicitly told via email before the tournament started that if they cannot attend the Grand Finals in Vancouver to inform the tournament organizer immediately" [...] Direct contact via email, Skype, and/or Steam was available to all competitors and not one player contacted the tournament admin saying they would not be able to attend"

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 13:01 PMNashka

I tryed to contact with someone who hosted this turney before quarters, but they just ignored my messages. I didnt know that player who can't fly to Vancuver will be discqualificated, I prepared for this turnament more then 1 month and that was totally wasted. Why they cant just replace me and VonIvan and let me play against Jesulin for the 3d place and throw VonIvan to the Final?

:facepalm: admin fail?
10 Sep 2016, 18:34 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

RedWings just proved that ALL participants recieved an E-Mail and Noggano said he doesn't know Players would be dq'ed?

Someone lying here
10 Sep 2016, 18:35 PM

and btw i dont think the community who participating giving money buying skins cares if finals are played within a month or 3 ....
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 10 Sep 2016, 18:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

"All WPC participants were explicitly told via email before the tournament started that if they cannot attend the Grand Finals in Vancouver to inform the tournament organizer immediately" [...] Direct contact via email, Skype, and/or Steam was available to all competitors and not one player contacted the tournament admin saying they would not be able to attend"

I don't want to get into a he said/she said, but unfortunately this is untrue. Noggano is able to reach me directly on Steam and has my direct email. No attempt to contact me was made prior to the semi-finals. After the semi-finals, I reached out to Noggano and eventually he got back to me a couple days later to inform me he would be unable to attend.
10 Sep 2016, 18:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Not really an admin fail, noggano didn't realise until the quarter finals ( I may be wrong but I was the one that warned him) that this was written anywhere and that you would need to go to vancouver or you would be disqualified. So he did in fact try to contact an admin but it was also kind of late. Basically noggano should have talked to an admin before the event started.
10 Sep 2016, 18:38 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 18:35 PMMr +
and btw i dont think the community who participating giving money buying skins cares if finals are played within a month or 3 ....

Unfortunately they do just to make Relic look stupid instead of being grateful for having a great tournament.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 10 Sep 2016, 18:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 18:35 PMDevM

Not really, noggano didn't realise until the quarter finals ( I may be wrong but I was the one that warned him) that this was written anywhere and that you would need to go to vancouver or you would be disqualified. So he did in fact try to contact an admin but it was also kind of late. Basically noggano should have talked to an admin before the event started.

Noggano was CC'ed in the email that was sent that stated this prior to the start of the tournament.
10 Sep 2016, 18:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 18:39 PMKyle_RE

Noggano was CC'ed in the email that was sent that stated this prior to the start of the tournament.

^ this.
10 Sep 2016, 18:46 PM
Patrion 14

Why is there this big ruckus about this? We had some truly outstanding games, nice casting from all the great casters in the coh2 community and I'm sure that the finals will be a lot of fun too. If Nogano can't go, that's a pity. I'm sure we'll still get a good final and it's really great that a tournament of this scope was possible where the finalists even get to go to Vancover.

A big thanks to everyone who bought the skins (me included - I want those op bulletins ;) ) and thanks Relic for making this possible.

I hope for a great final :D
10 Sep 2016, 18:48 PM

really nice to see a player playing the final without having earned it!
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS