Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
10 Sep 2016, 13:01 PM

It would be pretty unfair to VonIvan/Jesulin if we took third place money away from them. This situation is no fault of their own.

Kyle tried to offer some kind of money cause he didn't like the thought of Noggano coming so far and not getting something from it. But at the end of the day, Noggano is the only person who is in breach of tournament conditions here and it's not fair to try and compensate him with other players prize pool money. The other players have expressed their concerns over that and I totally agreed with them.

We actually knew Milestone 5 was reached before the Quarter and Semi-Finals were played, so if this was an issue, Noggano may have considered dropping from the tournament rather than letting this situation get so far. If Visa is genuinely the issue, he would have known this was a possibility from the start of the tournament.

It's a really horrible situation, and quite frankly the best way to deal with these situations is to just stick to the bloody rules you laid out at the start with rigidity, because nobody can question your actions then.

Kyle was trying to do right by Noggano, but that shouldn't be done at the expense of eligible players. It's a bit upset I understand

I tryed to contact with someone who hosted this turney before quarters, but they just ignored my messages. I didnt know that player who can't fly to Vancuver will be discqualificated, I prepared for this turnament more then 1 month and that was totally wasted. Why they cant just replace me and VonIvan and let me play against Jesulin for the 3d place and throw VonIvan to the Final?
10 Sep 2016, 13:14 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 13:01 PMNashka

I tryed to contact with someone who hosted this turney before quarters, but they just ignored my messages. I didnt know that player who can't fly to Vancuver will be discqualificated, I prepared for this turnament more then 1 month and that was totally wasted. Why they cant just replace me and VonIvan and let me play against Jesulin for the 3d place and throw VonIvan to the Final?

Man, honestly, wouldn't a fraction of the money you alrady won enough to get this new passport next week?
10 Sep 2016, 13:16 PM

Man, honestly, wouldn't a fraction of the money you alrady won enough to get this new passport next week?

I didnt won anything, I was disqualificated.
10 Sep 2016, 13:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 13:16 PMNashka

I didnt won anything, I was disqualificated.

If you could go to vancouver you would be guaranteed to get 1000$ right? For the second place. That is what I ment by the money you already won.
10 Sep 2016, 13:30 PM

This might just be up there with all the other tournament issues this game has ever faced in terms of oversight and complete mugging off. Disqualifying a person who legitimately reached the final because you want some fancy ass trip... right. I am glad to see priorities and fairness is at the top of Relic's agenda; wouldn't hurt to invest that money more wisely than flying favourites.

The fact that he is genuinely disqualified is just hilarious and anyone that thinks that's either fair or a "necessary compromise" is just on full damage control at this point.

I sincerely hope you get your 2nd place money at least Noggano, what an absolute, pathetic disaster.
10 Sep 2016, 13:43 PM

Noggano is 2nd place at least, so $ 1.000 for him

He forfeits so Devm wins $ 2.000

Legit 3rd place match for the rest of the money

Problems solved.
10 Sep 2016, 13:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

"Disqualifying a person who legitimately reached the final"

I am glad to see priorities and fairness is at the top of Relic's agenda; wouldn't hurt to invest that money more wisely than flying favourites.

The fact that he is genuinely disqualified is just hilarious and anyone that thinks that's either fair or a "necessary compromise" is just on full damage control at this point.

Weird comment, but let's break it down...

"Disqualifying a person who legitimately reached the final" - Incorrect, he reached the finals in breach of tournament T&C's technically.

"Flying favourites"??? You're speaking nonsense, Noggano is still able to fly if he can get things sorted which fingers crossed, can happen. The issue is that if he can't go, third and fourth place will need to fight for that spot. Relic haven't 'picked' someone to fly they are presenting options to the remaining top 3 contestants in the situation that Noggano can't uphold the conditions, you're talking bulls***t

"anyone that thinks that's either fair or a "necessary compromise" is just on full damage control at this point"

It's entirely fair based on the rules presented to players at the very start of the tournament and quite frankly the only way to get out of this situation without Relic doing what they see fit. Instead of Relic picking and choosing what they want, which is something you've all criticized routinely, they will just go with the set out rules that everyone was aware from at day 1. If you guys complain about that, then you need to question what the hell you actually want lol

The situation is incredibly unfortunate however what is definitely unfair, is either scrapping current 3rd and 4th place to let 6 people fight for places again (effectively redoing semi-finals and potentially 3 and 4 losing out) or taking away the third place prize from players who have been put in this situation through no fault of their own.

What would be nice is for Noggano to have tomorrow's match as a fight for second place, and then Noggano get's at least, a chance to shoot for 3rd place on another weekend.

10 Sep 2016, 13:52 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 13:43 PMI984
Noggano is 2nd place at least, so $ 1.000 for him

He forfeits so Devm wins $ 2.000

Legit 3rd place match for the rest of the money

Problems solved.

That would mean,

1. Not having a finals
2. DevM not being able to receive his trip to Vancouver
3. A situation where you give a player $1000 for effectively bailing on a tournament match

I don't think that's quite solved it :P
10 Sep 2016, 13:55 PM

Isn't that the way it's done in other sports as well?

Since this is esports we should compare it, right?

10 Sep 2016, 13:57 PM

just make this an online finals and fly devm to vancouver afterwards!

whats the matter? with the spare money relic could fly in the casters to cast the finals from relic hq.

problem solved! i dont get why finals HAS TO BE offline suddenly...if milestone 5 wasnt reached nobody would care anyways. milestone 5 and 6 should have been switched in the first place...
10 Sep 2016, 14:07 PM

by the way:

I cant imagine any pro player beeing happy to play the finals on some unknown equipment where e.g. hotkeys are different.

offline finals sound great at first but i feel its unnecessary and the extra money would have made a very nice prize pool (maybe also giving some money to 4th place...)
10 Sep 2016, 14:21 PM

Yeah, let's break it down since you're incapable of being neutral about this.

"Disqualifying a person who legitimately reached the final" - Incorrect, he reached the finals in breach of tournament T&C's technically.

How is this a breach exactly? In what way does not having a passport or whatever the issue is, invalidate Noggano's climb to the finals? Are you going to seriously suggest he does not deserve the second place prize? There may be complications, as is the case, with the live event but in no way, shape or form should this strip you of what you've achieved in the tournament, just like any other player.

You're speaking nonsense, Noggano is still able to fly if he can get things sorted which fingers crossed, can happen. The issue is that if he can't go, third and fourth place will need to fight for that spot. Relic haven't 'picked' someone to fly they are presenting options to the remaining top 3 contestants in the situation that Noggano can't uphold the conditions, you're talking bulls***t

Again, I think you're the one talking bull**** here, why is there no effort being made to compromise an effort to have this final played offline with DevM still going? Sure Noggano can make an effort and try to make it but in the likely case that he cannot go, he shouldn't be punished for it just because you want an elaborate LIVE casted final in some half-assed attempt at appearing to be E-Sports? You can just as easily have the finals casted over there, you'd just be missing Noggano. I understand the event would look a bit silly if only one of the contestants was present in the studio but I don't think the current situation is fair or justified by any means.

I never claimed Relic picked anyone to fly any players out, they all fought for that right (which is actually what happened to a certain extent in the case of the casters). You don't start giving players who've lost and been positioned appropriately another chance. Like you said yourself, if you have rules then you should rigidly abide by them and having the power to dictate who plays and doesn't play for a spot that is already taken is just stupid.

If you're that desperate to hold the finals in person with both contestants then simply postpone the tournament which is not ideal but if you give such late notice to the parties involved then Relic, Kyle or whoever organised this rushed mess should have anticipated such a possibility.
10 Sep 2016, 14:21 PM
Donator 11

just make this an online finals and fly devm to vancouver afterwards!

whats the matter? with the spare money relic could fly in the casters to cast the finals from relic hq.

problem solved! i dont get why finals HAS TO BE offline suddenly...if milestone 5 wasnt reached nobody would care anyways. milestone 5 and 6 should have been switched in the first place...

by the way:

I cant imagine any pro player beeing happy to play the finals on some unknown equipment where e.g. hotkeys are different.

offline finals sound great at first but i feel its unnecessary and the extra money would have made a very nice prize pool (maybe also giving some money to 4th place...)

There is nothing wrong in doing finals in the spot chosen by devs on their equipment. Many other esport games do so and people understand that, especially as this is the only effective way of dealing with hackers. I'm not accusing anyone here but after the cleansing relic did not that far ago I would see this as one of the reasons of moving finals to canada.
10 Sep 2016, 14:29 PM

Haha, NotLikeThis. I predicted this would happen in Twitch chat :clap: . I think Russian residents have to apply for visa before 30th august to get visa in 2016 :D

When I traveled to the East for fun I needed invite from local resident and pay some serious money to get visa + 8 hrs wait and car strip search at Belarus border :crazy:
10 Sep 2016, 15:18 PM

There is nothing wrong in doing finals in the spot chosen by devs on their equipment. Many other esport games do so and people understand that, especially as this is the only effective way of dealing with hackers. I'm not accusing anyone here but after the cleansing relic did not that far ago I would see this as one of the reasons of moving finals to canada.

:loco: hacking and cheating is something different to changing hotkeys. Even small things like voice language is important! imagine jove who doesnt speak english playing with english audio :foreveralone:

live finals have no benefit to this tourney and cause a lot of trouble. just ditch this stupid idea and carry on. it spoils this otherwise good initiative of relic to give something back to the community.

Also i have to admit that i didnt read the rules for this tourney. but i cant imagine that it is stated anywhere that every player has to be able to play the finals in vancouver if it comes to that. to disqualify noggano is a poor move. at least give him the 2nd place price money, which he earned! anybody who says something different cant be in his right mind, i'm sorry! he won the semi-finals thus he won min 1000$...
10 Sep 2016, 15:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah, let's break it down since you're incapable of being neutral about this.

If you're that desperate to hold the finals in person with both contestants then simply postpone the tournament which is not ideal but if you give such late notice to the parties involved then Relic, Kyle or whoever organised this rushed mess should have anticipated such a possibility.

I think you'll find i'm the most neutral person ever when it comes to things like this. I've never put any kind of argument forward with an agenda in mind. The 'breach' as it would be called is that technically Noggano would have known that there was 0% chance of him getting a passport in time and therefore he was not eligible to enter the tournament. That sounds harsh, and I would never say don't let Noggano play, but maybe this shouldn't have been left till the Finals to come to light when all these plans have already been made and put in place.

There was no 'late notice' to people involved. You participated yourself and you would have known that from the start of the tournament it was said that if milestone 5 was reached you would need to play in Vancouver. Anybody who didn't prepare for that, clearly didn't value themselves high enough to be positions 1 or 2.

The whole notion that Milestone 5 wasn't going to get hit is just people's opinion. It was always likely to hit milestone 5 so this isn't just something that should have been looked over. Relic have their own schedule and dates. They shouldn't have to be subject to this embarrassment of changing schedules and things they have made specific plans for because players have not upheld their side of it.

I've already said this, but there was already a written plan in place in case anything like this happened which was that disqualification would take place, so actually this event WAS anticipated as something that could happen and that's the plan that's being followed currently.

I personally think Noggano should be allowed to fight for 3rd and hopefully that's something that comes around. There's just no way there's going to be rescheduling or stuff like that. I don't see how that can happen

10 Sep 2016, 15:35 PM

Why not just fly DevM to Vancouver and let Noggano play from Russia, while using the money which would have been used for Noggano's trip to Vancouver, to increase the price pool? Or does this solution make too much sense for Relic? :snfPeter:
10 Sep 2016, 15:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2016, 22:03 PMGdot

This was a great event that benefited many aspects and people of the community. This milestone may prove to be problematic, but it was with GREAT intentions.

Yes, sure, I don't doubt that. And I could totally understand that Relic is disappointed that this turns out to be problematic. After all this was supposed to be a happy party. I was merely pointing out that issues like these could have been anticipated.

So the fairest option in a pretty unfortunate event was to stick to tournament rules set out from the beginning which unfortunately means if Noggano can't make it he is DQ'd and third and fourth place move up a slot.

Thanks for some background, but I think it would be possible to find a better solution.

At least the public rules don't say anything about that. Ok, sounds like the players got an additional set of rules presented. Sure that the "move up a slot" part is really covered ? (I wouldn't be surprised if strictly DevM would win by default. Yeah, very anticlimatic, but he could still go to Vancouver for a celebration...)

If the disqualification is in the rules, well, ok, rules are rules but if this ever happens again, it should be removed for a couple of reasons:

First and foremost, this is meant to be a prize for 1st and 2nd, an added bonus. And I hardly think that any fan who bought the skin to support WPC would be disappointed by Noganno not going to Vancouver. So it's not like anybody but Noggano and the poor chap who came up with the travel idea has an advantage.

I feel it would be ok if it would be clear from the outset that the finals are held in Vancouver and you'd have to participate. And the announcement would have to be made earlier, as even if Noggano started to arrange for everything when WPC was announced, he might not have made it. Mind you, getting all the required papers also requires to spend time and money. Yeah, you could expect from professional players (that do this for a living) to have their travel documents ready, but I doubt there are any in CoH2.

As it stands, you have the strange situation that Noggano would be better off if he lost to VonIvan or if the millions of Noggano fans wouldn't have bought War Paint Skins :)

Ok, let's see, before this issue came up we had:

DevM & Noggano: Trip to Vancouver + 1000$ secured, 2500$ when winning.
Jesulin & VonIvan: 750$ when winning match for third.

I feel better options than the current one would be:

• The semi between VonIvan and Noggano is ruled in VonIvans favor, VonIvan advances, Jesulin and Noggano play for 3rd. The only person that is off worse than to the original situation is Noggano. VonIvan benefits, no changes for Jesulin or DevM.
  • VonIvan and Jesulin play for participation in the final. The loser plays against Noggano for third. Noggano again is worse of, VonIvan benefits, but not as much, Jesulin benefits as well as he still has a shot for 2nd place, DevM no change.
  • VonIvan and Jesulin play for participation of the Final. Noggano is ruled 3rd. In this case is better for the winner of Von/Jes, no change for DevM and slightly worse for Noggano.
  • VonIvan and Jesulin play for participation of the finals, Noggano wins second prize money. If the winner of Von/Jesulin loses the final, he get's 3rd place, if he wins, he and DevM will split the 2750$. This would give no changes to Noggano (other than not being able to win), Von or Jesulin, and DevM is slightly better off (because when loosing he gets more money than he would otherwise. Of course in that case the potentially unsatisfying outcome is that there might be a joined "winner".

In all these cases VonIvan, DevM and Jesulin would even be not affected or are better off...

Basically, if Noggano can't make it (Which is still available for him to do) Positions 3 and 4 will have to move up a place

Sounds strange to say Noggano is disqualified but he still has the option to undisqualify himself by showing up. I think it would be good to settle this before VonIvan and Jesulin have their match. It should be clear what they play for, otherwise this might cause even more drama.
10 Sep 2016, 15:58 PM

If noggano ends up getting nothing from fairly winning 1st or second place, I suggest the community raises money for him. Hope Relic will compensate him themselves though.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS