Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
9 Sep 2016, 14:59 PM
9 Sep 2016, 17:42 PM

Lol since Noggano can't come, they simply just ditch him and get someone else
9 Sep 2016, 17:49 PM

I don't know whether to be pissed at Relic or be excited that we get to see more tournament play before the Grand Finals take place. I mean it kind of isn't fair to Von and Jesulin since they were already in the 3rd place match and one would win some money but I guess it's the only way. It is pretty anti-climatic that Noggano can't play.
9 Sep 2016, 18:29 PM
Donator 22

The link seems like it 404'd. Can anyone give a quick summary?
9 Sep 2016, 19:10 PM

It basically said: due to certain unforseen circumstances the top 6 players of the tourney will again fight for each other for a chance to fight against DevM in the Finals. I can't remember any dates that were mentioned, sorry.

I figure Noggano couldn't make it to Vancouver and now they need some one else.
9 Sep 2016, 19:16 PM

Lol since Noggano can't come, they simply just ditch him and get someone else

He's been moved to third place round, which ain't too bad.

Scratch that, things have changed again. :foreveralone:
9 Sep 2016, 19:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

im believing harder than ever von. :foreveralone:

good luck with this clustergarden. :foreveralone: .
9 Sep 2016, 19:33 PM
Donator 22

This is total bs. Noggano earned his spot. They should just let him play from Russia jesus christ Relic must not have put an ounce of thought into these rewards. How did they not consider the fact that 2 of some of the best players in this game are from Russia jesus christ.
9 Sep 2016, 19:35 PM

im believing harder than ever von. :foreveralone:

good luck with this clustergarden. :foreveralone: .

ALL WE NEED IS ONE AMERICAN.
9 Sep 2016, 20:05 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

KappaClaus I KappaClaus believe KappaClaus in KappaClaus VonIvan KappaClaus
9 Sep 2016, 20:05 PM

9 Sep 2016, 20:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Farton don't fail me again :snfBarton:
9 Sep 2016, 20:28 PM

Its so confusing man!
9 Sep 2016, 20:39 PM

It is really cool of Relic to fly the final two out to Vancouver, but I think the notice that is was possible with the mile stone being reached was too short, people can't always just get time off work / school or other responsibilities so quickly.

Phy
9 Sep 2016, 20:51 PM

So unfair to Noggano imo. The only good is that we're having another round from the WPC tournament.
9 Sep 2016, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2016, 20:51 PMPhy
So unfair to Noggano imo. The only good is that we're having another round from the WPC tournament.

Why is it unfair to Noganno? It was stated that finalist, if the goal was reached, would need to make time to fly to Canada.
9 Sep 2016, 21:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

This is total bs. Noggano earned his spot. They should just let him play from Russia jesus christ Relic must not have put an ounce of thought into these rewards. How did they not consider the fact that 2 of some of the best players in this game are from Russia jesus christ.

Yeah, this thing about flying the finalists to Vancouver to play there is one of these ideas that sound cool at first but are kind of impractical when thought through.

• Visas is the most obvious issue (ok, no idea why Noggano can't come, might be personal reasons, but the brackets that were up briefly also showed that Jove wasn't supposed to play in this qualifier...).
  • It's hard to calculate what the tourney would eventually cost, because air-fare would have been very different depending on if either Jove or Dusty makes it to the finals, but you'd have to put some number in the budget.
  • For traveling, the finals would have to be held on Saturday night anyways to increase chances people can travel there and back in one weekend. However, depending on where the finalists come from that still might not be possible.
  • Ok, potentially one finalist might just hop over from the states while the other has to fly around the world to play the finals totally jet lagged. Sounds good :hansRNG:
  • The trip to Vancouver is cool and all, but maybe the finalist would prefer to get the 2,000 US$ (travel costs) in cash? Just saying...

9 Sep 2016, 22:03 PM

Yeah, this thing about flying the finalists to Vancouver to play there is one of these ideas that sound cool at first but are kind of impractical when thought through.

• Visas is the most obvious issue (ok, no idea why Noggano can't come, might be personal reasons, but the brackets that were up briefly also showed that Jove wasn't supposed to play in this qualifier...).
  • It's hard to calculate what the tourney would eventually cost, because air-fare would have been very different depending on if either Jove or Dusty makes it to the finals, but you'd have to put some number in the budget.
  • For traveling, the finals would have to be held on Saturday night anyways to increase chances people can travel there and back in one weekend. However, depending on where the finalists come from that still might not be possible.
  • Ok, potentially one finalist might just hop over from the states while the other has to fly around the world to play the finals totally jet lagged. Sounds good :hansRNG:
  • The trip to Vancouver is cool and all, but maybe the finalist would prefer to get the 2,000 US$ (travel costs) in cash? Just saying...

Yes, clearly some mistakes were made, but I am glad Relic took the time to organize something like this. This was a great event that benefited many aspects and people of the community. This milestone may prove to be problematic, but it was with GREAT intentions.

All they can do now is try and remedy the situation in a logical manner; to which it seems they've done this far.

9 Sep 2016, 22:06 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

According to Kyle Noggano does not have a proper passport. I don't think a company like Relic fucks around when planning things like that
9 Sep 2016, 23:16 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Has Relic made any statement about this anywhere? I used to check their blog to look for info, but all they do is post about skin sales. I'm hearing all sorts of horror stories from different players.

Noggano gets nothing just because it takes a few months to get a passport?? The guy rightfully earned second place ($1000) at minimum.

Milestone 5 (fly the players) was only even reached about a week ago. Who could plan anything with such late notice?

What's the story with Milestone 6? Has it been reached? Is the contribution period over? Will the casters be flown out or compensated for their work?

Relic wanted to let the Quarter-Finalists back into some kinda weird 6-man tourney to see who plays DevM?!?!? This is a terrible idea that would be completely unfair to Jesulin and VonIvan.

WTF is going on here?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 26
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 49

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W