Login

russian armor

Grenadier 4-man Squad: A thing of the past.

PAGES (9)down
12 Sep 2016, 17:27 PM

bye that logic i dont see why at gun should counter tank

Excatly. Do you expect single 320MP unit to counter 720MP 280F unit? I don't.

CoH2 is not paper-rock-scissors game. In CoH2 paper and win agasint scissors if you have enough skills.
12 Sep 2016, 18:37 PM

Excatly. Do you expect single 320MP unit to counter 720MP 280F unit? I don't.

CoH2 is not paper-rock-scissors game. In CoH2 paper and win agasint scissors if you have enough skills.
yea but An at gun can still force tiger to back
12 Sep 2016, 18:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

ModHat: this thread requires exterminatus, let's give it 1 more chance (if i have to be strict there's like 40 posts which had to be cleanse due to off/flame/trolling).
If you don't agree with something, discuss the point, not the person. /Modhat

yea but An at gun can still force tiger to back

A more realistic approach would be: do you expect a single AT gun without support to stop 3 T70/Luch/222/Aec.

Can we go back to grenadiers?

12 Sep 2016, 19:18 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I'm going to miss katitof's posts...

On topic: Is there anything that a five-man squad would change that a change in spacing / USF mortars / slight HP buff wouldn't fix?
12 Sep 2016, 21:03 PM

grenadiers it's not the problem they are cheap and effective but sad that the accurate mortar fire from usf its too dam effective to wipe squads i prefer a low health it all my units intact !

but i love the usf mortar and i think its fine just a weird bug on the oster mortar not counter the usf mortar !!
12 Sep 2016, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 19:18 PMwouren

On topic: Is there anything that a five-man squad would change that a change in spacing / USF mortars / slight HP buff wouldn't fix?

Recrewing weapon teams.
Edit: and their resilience to enemy snipers
12 Sep 2016, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 19:18 PMwouren

he was a good man on topic I think reducing recived accuracy,fixing spacing ,limiting lmg will make the game better overall
13 Sep 2016, 01:13 AM

he was a good man on topic I think reducing recived accuracy,fixing spacing ,limiting lmg will make the game better overall

Katitiof was a true pacifist he would never hurt a fly ;(

Of the entire forums, he was the most human

Anyways, I agree with what you say, spacing and limiting lmgs is the way to go

if you cant limit lmgs, a health buff of 80 to 82 or around that number would also work.
13 Sep 2016, 01:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Squad spread mirrored to tommies, LMGs limit to 1, there, infantry engagements fixed and balanced without crippling any faction in the process with silly suggestions that don't have a chance to appear outside of mods.
13 Sep 2016, 02:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2016, 01:23 AMTobis
Squad spread mirrored to tommies, LMGs limit to 1, there, infantry engagements fixed and balanced without crippling any faction in the process with silly suggestions that don't have a chance to appear outside of mods.

sounds alright to me.
13 Sep 2016, 02:35 AM

Man, I thought Katiof took your account for a second there...

Anyways, even though i'm very much like the idea of a 5th-man for the Grenadiers, I think it would be quite a big change. I mean, since the past till now, how many big changes that created more problems than its suppose to fix? Like all of them? Taking big changes ‎by far haven't bought many good things at the end of the day, so I think it's high time to stop that and start looking for another way to fix stuffs. 

Also, while we are at it, I think indirect-fire weaponry should get a look at, too. I mean, one of the reason Grenadiers, in particurlar, and Axis, in general, feel so weak at the moment is due to a more powerful Allies indirect-fire weapons. They have way more options non-doctrinally and many of them just way too good compared to the Axis counterparts. I think they need a look at, maybe some small tweaking from time to time, perhap (Fix this, nerf that, buff there, whatever, just check the problems out as a whole before making changes)‎
13 Sep 2016, 04:34 AM

RIP 1919s, nobody would pick them over 2 BARs anymore, and now Brits will be trying to steal a MG42 from Grens than buy their Brens... you gotta compensate those weapons if you want to make them single slot purchases!
13 Sep 2016, 06:29 AM

RIP 1919s, nobody would pick them over 2 BARs anymore, and now Brits will be trying to steal a MG42 from Grens than buy their Brens... you gotta compensate those weapons if you want to make them single slot purchases!

Do Bar counts as LMG in game?

Also, LMG 42 is strong but it's use by a 4-man squad. On the other hand, Bren and M1919 are used by 5-man squads with better RA (Rifleman and upgraded Tommy) so they should be consider weaker to compensate for the squad's better survivability. I think that would work, but again, nothing is solid when it comes to CoH2 Balance.
13 Sep 2016, 07:03 AM

Do Bar counts as LMG in game?

no

and the BAR are alot less powerful than the lmg42. 60 munitions are way too expensive for a single, but the USF (over)compensate by having the terminator veterancy.
13 Sep 2016, 09:12 AM

no

and the BAR are alot less powerful than the lmg42. 60 munitions are way too expensive for a single, but the USF (over)compensate by having the terminator veterancy.
????? What it lose some dps at long range but can fire on the move and has much better mid and close dps
13 Sep 2016, 10:02 AM

????? What it lose some dps at long range but can fire on the move and has much better mid and close dps

double m1919a6/bren/lmg42 are way more scary than double bar. You rarely see double lmg42, but the m1919a6 are suppose to have near identical dps to the lmg42.

double lmg can easily vaporize infantry at long range. It's part of what make lmg blob so frightening.
13 Sep 2016, 14:26 PM

Riflemen, Infantry Sections, Penals, Grenadiers and Volks imo should all have their upgrades take up one weapon slot. Then leave the remaining weapon slot only to pick up dropped weapons, not weapons from racks.
13 Sep 2016, 15:39 PM

I think there needs to be a new thread for this double weapon discussion.
13 Sep 2016, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2016, 15:39 PMwouren
I think there needs to be a new thread for this double weapon discussion.

There is quite some coverage here already: https://www.coh2.org/topic/56269/infantry-rebalance-needed

I don't want to open more threads because there are already so many duplicates on this or similar. Also not transparent if and how these forum entries are ever evaluated by decision makers.
13 Sep 2016, 16:16 PM

There is quite some coverage here already: https://www.coh2.org/topic/56269/infantry-rebalance-needed

I don't want to open more threads because there are already so many duplicates on this or similar. Also not transparent if and how these forum entries are ever evaluated by decision makers.

I understand where you are coming from, but wasn't there a whole discussion before about 4 man squads as well? Wouldn't it be better to separate these topics? I think we might be near a consensus on this topic, and it would be a shame if we dispel that consensus by spinning the topic in an entirely different direction.

Since we are already having the discussion regardless of the oversight of decision makers anyway, I think we might as well be as organized as possible in our debates.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS