Login

russian armor

German U-boat U-576 found

4 Sep 2016, 19:29 PM

4 Sep 2016, 20:53 PM

Love how the article states that the German sailors were killing people, but the US navy killed "sailors".
4 Sep 2016, 20:56 PM
Donator 11

Love how the article states that the German sailors were killing people, but the US navy killed "sailors".

Are sailors not people? Sailor isn't even an army connected word.
4 Sep 2016, 20:57 PM

Are sailors not people? Sailor isn't even an army connected word.

The point is that the article states that German sailors killed people, yet when the Uboat was sank their sailors were killed. It is pathetic bias that keeps the "evil" german world war II story alive, since german sailors killed people but the US navy killed sailors..
4 Sep 2016, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

The point is that the article states that German sailors killed people, yet when the Uboat was sank their sailors were killed. It is pathetic bias that keeps the "evil" german world war II story alive, since german sailors killed people but the US navy killed sailors..

I generally agree that germans were and still are demonised after the war. But honestly, I can't find anything that could be inerpreted in such a way in this particular article. Sailor is as much of a civil word as human.
5 Sep 2016, 01:30 AM

"But in the case of the American freighter Pipestone County, torpedoed off Cape Henry, Va., in April 1942, Heinicke surfaced near the lifeboats. He gave the survivors provisions and apologized for sinking the ship. There were no fatalities."

Oh yes, this article really tore those evil Nazis a new one :p
5 Sep 2016, 19:27 PM
Patrion 14

did american navy had a lot of german civilians to kill in the battle of atlantic?
5 Sep 2016, 19:29 PM
Patrion 14

I think you lot are losing track of OP's message
8 Sep 2016, 14:54 PM

I don't think there's much to this objection. It's common practice to switch terms so as not to make a piece of text repetitive; crew are also referred to as "hands" in the piece.
8 Sep 2016, 15:04 PM

This was big news on the east coast. Pretty humbling to hear the story of the u-boat, the fighting and ultimately the resting place for the 75 men aboard the u-boat who are entombed at the bottom of the Atlantic.

I think of what it must of been like to be on the limping u-boat as it listed and ultimately sank to the ocean floor. Could you imagine being one of the sailors on the vessel - knowing your life was closing to an end as your oxygen supply depleted.

Fuck war, I much prefer experiencing it from my computer desk.
10 Sep 2016, 12:30 PM

Submarines often suffer terrible casualty rates. 22% of all US submarine crew were lost; by comparison, the better known losses of the 8th Air Force amounted to only 13%.

German sub crew losses ran to 75%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L