Login

russian armor

Relic: Please hand over the balance to the community

3 Sep 2016, 19:36 PM

Dear Relic,

I do not know if you read these forums (though old Noun was here last week :) ) but IF you do so please keep in mind that there is a community that actively loves your game because there is nothing comparable to Company of Heroes.

We know that you need to make money in order to keep your staff and to develop new stuff, but please do not let your other games slowly die.
The CoH2 community has a lot of able people that would be very glad to develop some final patches for the game, because honestly the current balance is nothing that can stay forever.

You could keep making money out of Skins and stuff and the community keeps your game alive. That's a win-win situation for everyone.
But please do not let Company of Heroes freeze to death.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Highfiveeeee and the whole CoH2 community, except some who don't.
3 Sep 2016, 19:38 PM
3 Sep 2016, 20:22 PM
Senior Referee Badge

and the whole CoH2 community.

?
3 Sep 2016, 20:24 PM
Donator 22

Lol could you imagine a balance staff with Miragefla, Cruzzi and a few other high level players like Luvnest, Jesulin, etc MVGame that would be great.

Unfortunately even in the unlikely scenario this happened, we still wouldn't be able to optimize the engine.

Something that might be more realistic is to allow mods to be have an automatch function? That way the competitive community could have their own patches while relic still maintains control.
3 Sep 2016, 21:31 PM
Patrion 14

...the whole CoH2 community.

nope. and very poor choice of words. agree with the theme though.
3 Sep 2016, 21:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

...and the whole CoH2 community.

Emmm... Maybe will be better make a poll and write "Me and people who say Yes in the poll"?
3 Sep 2016, 21:43 PM
Donator 11

Well, what he said is common sense, how can anybody disagree? Especially if it would be in form of mod, so that everybody could play old version if they wanted to?
3 Sep 2016, 22:18 PM

Judging by the official forums, we'd end up with a game where KT has its 475 armor back, Volks would be able to dual wield Shrecks, Tiger would one shot every Ally tank, and Panther would be a monster on wheels with 400+ armor. So, no, please, no community patches.
3 Sep 2016, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

Judging by the official forums, we'd end up with a game where KT has its 475 armor back, Volks would be able to dual wield Shrecks, Tiger would one shot every Ally tank, and Panther would be a monster on wheels with 400+ armor. So, no, please, no community patches.

I guess by community he ment top figures of coh2.org part of community :D Fanboys are divided into both sides and cant agree on anything so they are unable to make any patch.

There are other rtses that are mantained in such a way. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is quite a succesful example. It has and always had much smaller community though. They managed to rescue and hugely improve it after THQ (RIP) completely closed multiplayer servers.
3 Sep 2016, 22:26 PM

Best way is to get Cruzz, Mirag and a few others to collab on a mod, release it to the wild and hope lelic view it, sees the (hopeful) improvements and implements it.

That's the only way I see this becoming a reality.
4 Sep 2016, 02:05 AM

The CoH2 community has a lot of able people that would be very glad to develop some final patches for the game

I guess by community he ment top figures of coh2.org part of community

It has a few yes. Mirage, Firesparks & Mr.Smith is probably famous examples, who (relatively?) consistently provides high quality input. But who would decide who these people are in the end? Who would do the decision making when their opinions clash? And even these high quality posters are biased, even if not to a big extent. Taking input from top players is valuable, but nothing guarantees these players opinions being fair towards balance, even if they are(in most cases) more than your average coh2.org poster.

Letting the community as a whole decide things is simply crazy considering how low quality the majority of discussions are. Even members of the coh2.org staff produces low quality posts recently I've noticed(what the hell are you doing?)

Realisticly it's suicide from a business point of view as well to hand over the development to the community, considering Relic supposedly being a full-fledged game producing company.

I'd rather stick with Relic and their utterly piss-poor post-release development than this ill-conceived idea. At least the game is still fun to play.

and the whole CoH2 community, except some who don't.

Nice.

Edit: Oh, would love a community-released bug-fixing patch. Not a balance one.
4 Sep 2016, 03:15 AM
Donator 11

+1 Don't let the game die Relic. Please.
4 Sep 2016, 03:39 AM

So, I guess it's safe to say we hear the drumbeat and death rattle of the game then?
4 Sep 2016, 03:53 AM

Instead of letting the community come up with balance suggestions (puke), Relic should instead allow the community to vote on the balance previews, and NOT cherry pick/half ass whatever balance mod they decide to copy paste. I mean just look at what happened to OKW. Relic should either implement the rest of margefla mod, or take a look at cruzz's.

also,

official forums LUL

4 Sep 2016, 04:13 AM

If they paid Cruzz a small sum on a monthly basis more than half the bugs currently in-game would be fixed within the week, and balance would be like putting a knife through butter when playing all the different factions. In fact, Cruzz has sent Relic easy things to fix, but only a small handful of what he suggested has been fixed. That's what makes this sad for me personally. :foreveralone:

I don't think Relic should "hand" over anything. Just pick up a book on common sense for some things.

Also the community does have some control over balance if anyone has noticed lately......
4 Sep 2016, 08:46 AM

Instead of letting the community come up with balance suggestions (puke), Relic should instead allow the community to vote on the balance previews, and NOT cherry pick/half ass whatever balance mod they decide to copy paste. I mean just look at what happened to OKW. Relic should either implement the rest of margefla mod, or take a look at cruzz's.

also,

official forums LUL

Yeah let the official forums vote on this too. Good idea :snfPeter:
4 Sep 2016, 09:51 AM

This a good idea... but only a good idea. I think we can agree than "True Balance" is impossible, specially when dealing with a game like this and the so called Asymmetric Balance. We can only discuss our part in this, and I don't think Relic would be willing to leave the game to us because people are gonna start "LEL DAED GAEM" threads.

So here are a few questions:
-How would we (or Relic) choose candidates for a "Dream Balance Team".
-Who would we (or Relic) choose candidates for a "Dream Balance Team".
-Who has the final say in that team?
-Does being a good player mean good understanding of game mechanics and a "Balance Insight"?
-How can they co-ordinate with Relic about number of patches, fixes (which are actually more important than balance).
-And finally, how would we respond to their decisions?

This whole "GIVE US POWER" Shtick is sentimental if you ask me. I'm not saying Relic is doing a great job, but I trust them more. I ask you to go back in time, search these forums and see how much the opinions of loved community figures differ. A lot of good players (with both good skill and good behavior)contradict their balance ideas.

PS: In a fantasy universe, we could have a community of,lets say, 15 people from community to come up with balance ideas, send them to Relic, and then release it after approval from the Devs. Maybe in 2 years this would happen (After they move the servers to Steam like CoH)
4 Sep 2016, 10:33 AM

It has a few yes. Mirage, Firesparks & Mr.Smith is probably famous examples, who (relatively?) consistently provides high quality input. But who would decide who these people are in the end? Who would do the decision making when their opinions clash? And even these high quality posters are biased, even if not to a big extent. Taking input from top players is valuable, but nothing guarantees these players opinions being fair towards balance, even if they are(in most cases) more than your average coh2.org poster.

Letting the community as a whole decide things is simply crazy considering how low quality the majority of discussions are. Even members of the coh2.org staff produces low quality posts recently I've noticed(what the hell are you doing?)

Realisticly it's suicide from a business point of view as well to hand over the development to the community, considering Relic supposedly being a full-fledged game producing company.

I'd rather stick with Relic and their utterly piss-poor post-release development than this ill-conceived idea. At least the game is still fun to play.

Nice.

Edit: Oh, would love a community-released bug-fixing patch. Not a balance one.

I do not agree with Firesparks or his changes to the British mortar pit in his mod or the British in general, if these changes are implemented it would mean the death of British in-direct fire support as well as their whole faction, biased is right here and I am not saying anything but I believe he does hold some bias towards the Allies or at least the Brits.

The best fix for the mortar pit would be to replace it with a normal mortar squad and make the pit a garrisonable emplacement which gives the mortar some sort of bonus like it's with the Vickers when garrisoned and Vet 1.
4 Sep 2016, 10:58 AM
Donator 22

HI Lelic, I also speak for the whole community! And I have very good ideas, too!
4 Sep 2016, 11:00 AM
Donator 22

Why ask for this at all?
It is never going to happen and it would be a mess.
I am glad they keep it in their hands.
Otherwise, there would be a furious discussion coming, who "the community" really is.
Can I vote even though I play Axis only and do comp stomp only?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★