Login

russian armor

OKW what has changed and useful strategies

3 Sep 2016, 07:56 AM

Hello everybody, i'm returning to CoH2 after a few months and so much has changed since the last update: volks no longer have panzershreck, mines have been nerfed, tanks are now more vulnarable and MG is now not doctrinal anymore.
I was wondering if more experienced players could enlight me, what are the strategies now? How do you start? Which units do you use at the beginning? How do you hold your ground and how do you counter allies blobs and tanks? Thanks for the help.
3 Sep 2016, 08:19 AM

For a start, I usually go 3 volks as a standard. On big maps it's advised to go 2 volks and kübel for fast caps or going for enemy cutoff. Then if I go mech HQ I go another sturmpio (if I can flank enemy squads, so if the map is good for it). If I go medic HQ I go for a 4th volks or an MG if the enemy is blobbing or I want to defend a point. As OKW mines are still very much needed to halt an advance, or at least slow it. If you want to use your mines for crippling tanks, I usually put wire in front of them, so infantry can't step on them easily. 1 raketen is always a must, as a Luchs alone can't take on a T-70 nor a stuart. You have to bait him into a mine + raketen combo with it. Against mediums a P4 is often enough, but if you are brave and have the proper support, you can go JP4.

Hope I helped somehow :thumb:

Cheers
3 Sep 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2016, 08:19 AMDanyek
If you want to use your mines for crippling tanks, I usually put wire in front of them

i put a wire infront tank avoid it, as the Wire say "mine over here" (dint help)

1 raketen is always a must,

1 Reken get Rekt by T70,

Need 2 To get the job Done, 1 infront another in the back,
3 Sep 2016, 08:58 AM

i put a wire infront tank avoid it, as the Wire say "mine over here" (dint help)

1 Reken get Rekt by T70,

Need 2 To get the job Done, 1 infront another in the back,

With all due respect kind sir, I can't decide that you are a bit stupid for this game or not.

For first part: Not entirely true. If you place double wire and mine on a totally clear path, of course it warns them that "hey there's a mine". But if you try to disguise it as an infantry blocker on narrow paths, it works.

For the second part: I don't know how you place or move your ATGs but if you let a T-70 rekt your raketen you are obviously doing something horribly wrong. I don't think that you need to be a genius to know that you MUST support your ATGs and not send them alone into everything. For example the Luchs can keep infantry at bay -> enemy sends T-70 -> raketen fires a shot -> tries to circle it -> Luchs will chop off it's HP. There's even an ingame tip that "hard counters are very effective but can be countered themselves."
3 Sep 2016, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2016, 08:58 AMDanyek

With all due respect kind sir, I can't decide that you are a bit stupid for this game or not.

For first part: Not entirely true. If you place double wire and mine on a totally clear path, of course it warns them that "hey there's a mine". But if you try to disguise it as an infantry blocker on narrow paths, it works.

For the second part: I don't know how you place or move your ATGs but if you let a T-70 rekt your raketen you are obviously doing something horribly wrong. I don't think that you need to be a genius to know that you MUST support your ATGs and not send them alone into everything. For example the Luchs can keep infantry at bay -> enemy sends T-70 -> raketen fires a shot -> tries to circle it -> Luchs will chop off it's HP. There's even an ingame tip that "hard counters are very effective but can be countered themselves."

+1

on urban maps kubel can sometimes be a liability with its poor pathing, so knowing when to do 2/3 volks + kubel vs 3/4 volks without can save you some manpower.

one trap a lot of people (cough... me) fall into is going mechanized and then building lots of light vehicles, which delays tech significantly. you can get around this a bit by having the special operations doctrine (so you can get cmd panther without having to build tier 4), but just watch out for it, especially if your light vehicle micro needs work (cough... me).
3 Sep 2016, 09:15 AM

Most of the time if OKW goes mech HQ needs to backtech med HQ for healing. Med crates are 40 muni, so you can't do it infinitely. Pulling off a T3 -> T4 -> T2 is very hard and resource and time consuming, so most of the time if you go T3 you need Spec Ops for cmd Panther.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★