Should schreck receive price reduction?
Option Distribution Votes
66%
34%
Total votes: 71
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Sep 2016, 16:13 PM

Permanently Banned
Since it was transferred to already busy unit, I wonder why it still cost 90 ammo? Should it be like 70 or something lower than 90? Is this another Relic forgotten thing, like medics received no buff after introducing side-tech?
1 Sep 2016, 16:27 PM

Because it still gives cold immunity,if i am not mistaken.
1 Sep 2016, 16:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As Fino said, this package give cold immunity. But this addition (cold immunity) is useless since time, when coldtech was removed from automatch.
1 Sep 2016, 17:27 PM
Donator 11

At the beginning of coh2, in beta, there was a time when pgrens had single shreck for 60 muni. It was really OP as it came really early that way, was enough to fend off light vehicles, didn't hurt AI too much and was ideal for blob composition. Really the same problems as volk blobs but cheaper and earlier.

To solve the problem it was decided to replace it with double shreck upgrade. That way it came way later and made the unit useless against infantry with upgrade - as it is right now. It also was impossible to use other ostheer muni goodies at the same time as shreck early game - flame ht, lmgs, mines and so on.

This is why they gave it higher cost when they introduced shreck on volks - they knew it is going to be OP but thought it will be too expensive to blob. Truth was, that this time the unit itself was way less expensive so people used muni only on shreck but still managed to blob them really hard. This is why it was fixed by moving to more expensive unit. But giving it price reduction would mean we are going the same, bad way for the third time.
1 Sep 2016, 17:39 PM

At the beginning of coh2, in beta, there was a time when pgrens had single shreck for 60 muni. It was really OP as it came really early that way, was enough to fend off light vehicles, didn't hurt AI too much and was ideal for blob composition. Really the same problems as volk blobs but cheaper and earlier.

To solve the problem it was decided to replace it with double shreck upgrade. That way it came way later and made the unit useless against infantry with upgrade - as it is right now. It also was impossible to use other ostheer muni goodies at the same time as shreck early game - flame ht, lmgs, mines and so on.

This is why they gave it higher cost when they introduced shreck on volks - they knew it is going to be OP but thought it will be too expensive to blob. Truth was, that this time the unit itself was way less expensive so people used muni only on shreck but still managed to blob them really hard. This is why it was fixed by moving to more expensive unit. But giving it price reduction would mean we are going the same, bad way for the third time.
and k give them 2 sherck for 120 mun or remove sherck and give 3 ptrs to volks for 90 mun (or 1 buffed ptrs)
1 Sep 2016, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

and k give them 2 sherck for 120 mun or remove sherck and give 3 ptrs to volks for 90 mun (or 1 buffed ptrs)

AT rifles are good idea, as long as you also remove faust that made volks too similar to grens. As for the double shreck for sturmpios I dont think its a good idea. Yes, they loose AI capabilities but they have many other things they can do when tanks are not around, AI isn't even their main purpouse. It worked well for pgrens becouse they were mainly AI unit that had no other use, with the upgrade they are powerful AT unit but they still cant do anything else. Sturms would just repair tanks and lay mines in the meantime (even realoading their shrecks during these actions!) and that would be overpowered.
1 Sep 2016, 19:02 PM
1 Sep 2016, 19:43 PM

Doesn't sturm pios already have cold immunity?

No,they dont get affected by rough terrain,but they suffer from cold just as much as any other unit.
2 Sep 2016, 01:45 AM

Your tale is BS.

Anyway give sp's double shreks for 120.
2 Sep 2016, 05:16 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2016, 01:45 AMZyllen

Your tale is BS.

Anyway give sp's double shreks for 120.

That moment when his "tale" isn't actually bull shit.

So don't call others out and saying they're bullshitting or lying when you don't know actually know yourself.
2 Sep 2016, 11:57 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I've said this in so many threads. But single shrek is bad because it doesn't allow you to counter tank destroyers late game. Double Shreks on obers would be a much better upgrade, especially if Obers are available on Tier 1 but with LMG/STG's locked until Panzer Headquarters which are incompatible is with Shreks.
2 Sep 2016, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2016, 16:27 PMFino
Because it still gives cold immunity,if i am not mistaken.

WTF? OP ability. Shreck cost to 120 pls! :snfPeter:
2 Sep 2016, 12:04 PM

I've said this in so many threads. But single shrek is bad because it doesn't allow you to counter tank destroyers late game. Double Shreks on obers would be a much better upgrade, especially if Obers are available on Tier 1 but with LMG/STG's locked until Panzer Headquarters which are incompatible is with Shreks.

Obers are 400 mp, I really dont see how people can use such an expensive squad for tank hunting/ AT gun screening.
2 Sep 2016, 12:28 PM

WTF? OP ability. Shreck cost to 120 pls! :snfPeter:

You jest,but it IS an OP ability.Having infantry units with handheld AT able to roam around as they please during blizzards hunting enemy tanks which most likelly wont have infantry support.
2 Sep 2016, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2016, 12:28 PMFino

You jest,but it IS an OP ability.Having infantry units with handheld AT able to roam around as they please during blizzards hunting enemy tanks which most likelly wont have infantry support.

Where are the blizzards??? :loco:
2 Sep 2016, 12:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2016, 12:32 PMDanyek

I don't know why Relic don't remove blizzard leftovers from combat packages.
2 Sep 2016, 12:43 PM

Yeah, pretty much. They should change every anti-blizzard upgrade to a viable thing, that's still in the game.

Oh, wait. Because Relic just doesn't care.
2 Sep 2016, 12:48 PM

It costs that much because Lelic wants to reflect the west German army situation in '44 which as we know, were low on resources, mostly fuel, that's why most of tanks, vehicles, upgrades are overpriced (tanks around +25 compared to ostheer) that's why, to compesate higher costs of these things, OKW gets 5 vets and has overall better late game units
2 Sep 2016, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2016, 12:32 PMDanyek

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2016, 12:43 PMDanyek

Yeah, pretty much. They should change every anti-blizzard upgrade to a viable thing, that's still in the game.

Oh, wait. Because Relic just doesn't care.

Blizzards still exist in custom games but I doubt that more than a handful of people plays with blizzards enabled.
Relic just doesn't remove them completely because of their pride. Coldtech was one of the most praised features before the game's release and then nobody liked it.
2 Sep 2016, 12:59 PM

Blizzards still exist in custom games but I doubt that more than a handful of people plays with blizzards enabled.

I know, and if we are speaking in general, then of course I meant competitive playing, where there aren't any blizzard.

Relic just doesn't remove them completely because of their pride. Coldtech was one of the most praised features before the game's release and then nobody liked it.

And Lelic lost every single bits of their highly acclaimed pride thanks to their actions over the years. There could be a long story, but I won't start it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★