Login

russian armor

The Stuart light tank needs a change.

30 Aug 2016, 14:05 PM

The stun shot should not be instant as it feels. Instead it should be a debuff that allows the opposing player control of its unit. There are a number of good ideas in this thread already.

Crew repairs on USF have been stupid for a long time, and needs to be addressed.

On the topic of stunning, the pak target weak point also still needs to be looked at.
30 Aug 2016, 14:30 PM

not to mention how reketen can retreat like an infantry unit....
30 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2016, 14:30 PMMr +
not to mention how reketen can retreat like an infantry unit....

The only reason why retreat is a good thing on the raketen is because the raketen often doesn't hit with its first shot so it needs to retreat once the allied vehicle has flanked it and even then it often gets decrewed on retreat.
30 Aug 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2016, 13:15 PMLatch

On average 50% of my allied games are against OKW, having played thousands of games I can assure you that I have used the rak on several hundred occasions and never found it to be underwhelming against axis tanks, you know, better armour etc.

I don't have to play OKW and use a rak as OKW to understand how the rak plays, but, if anyone here would like to play me, Earth, ill give you the first shot. I'll go OKW you go USF, lets see how long the Stuart lasts with a faust + rak combo when used by someone that knows how to use them effectively.

You cant properly evaluate a unit by using captured ones because captured units are not a part of your factions arsenal so you will have different units supporting the captured units and the captured unit will be fighting completely different units. In this case the raketen would preform better than usual in allied hands because its penetration is indeed good enough (which has never been a problem with the raketen) to penetrate Axis armor but also the general lower mobility and worse AI of Axis tanks would put the raketen at less risk because it would be harder to flank and wipe the raketen with Axis tanks.
30 Aug 2016, 15:28 PM

If one is willing, you should make a thread about USF Super Glue, as it's an entire different matter not exclusive to the Stuart...
And I love that thing, so I want to argue on it's defense, without further derailing this thread who is almost as much about the Raketenwerfer as the cute little Stuart.
30 Aug 2016, 15:51 PM

I love how noobs think the Raketen is actually good...

Barton just cleaned Shadowada's clock with dual Raketenwerfers, IIRC. They're weak, sure but serious buffs while leaving the stealth mechanic intact seems like a recipe for a train wreck.
aaa
30 Aug 2016, 16:03 PM

i like how noobs claim shit about stun forgeting that if they nerf this stun they likely to nerf all axis stuns too.
At least it would be fair.
30 Aug 2016, 16:18 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2016, 13:15 PMLatch

I don't have to play OKW and use a rak as OKW to understand how the rak plays, but, if anyone here would like to play me, Earth, ill give you the first shot. I'll go OKW you go USF, lets see how long the Stuart lasts with a faust + rak combo when used by someone that knows how to use them effectively.

I volunteer as tribute! Play me! Play meee! As long as Earth doesn't mind me taking his spot. I'll let you choose map and the faction I play.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2016, 16:03 PMaaa
i like how noobs claim shit about stun forgeting that if they nerf this stun they likely to nerf all axis stuns too.

Exactly What i said about three posts in.

Both of you play axis some and then come back for some mature unbiased discussions on the state of the game.

thanks.
30 Aug 2016, 16:39 PM

That's not entirely true. The axis stuns take some time to aim before they fire and cost quite alot fo munis. if the stuart also had to stand still and take like 2 seconds to aim before firing the stun shot, i'd be comepletly fine with it.
30 Aug 2016, 16:51 PM

I volunteer as tribute! Play me! Play meee! As long as Earth doesn't mind me taking his spot. I'll let you choose map and the faction I play.

Exactly What i said about three posts in.

Both of you play axis some and then come back for some mature unbiased discussions on the state of the game.

thanks.

Replay pl0x :hansGASM:
30 Aug 2016, 17:26 PM

I love how the intellectual arguments have degenerated back into having a game or a PUBLIC DUEL at sunset by the river :)

The personal 1:1 duel will show you whose beliefs are right!!!!!

Nothing like Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton duel to those that get the reference :)

Tongue and cheese, please no one get offended :)
30 Aug 2016, 17:30 PM

Hahah exactly, lets settle this like men. We don't need rational arguements. We do a 1v1 duel and whoever wins it wins the arguement! im choosing Findeeds side... Raketten not OP!
30 Aug 2016, 18:11 PM

puma stug e and ? For all they care give them turret lock
(If you touch the pak they would need a huge buff)
30 Aug 2016, 20:01 PM

I love how noobs think the Raketen is actually good...

+1 raketten still suck...
30 Aug 2016, 20:05 PM
30 Aug 2016, 20:15 PM

Alright, I will play against Latch after you... Because then he'll be like "Oh, the noob let's the others play for him". Whenever you're free and able we'll do this...
31 Aug 2016, 14:59 PM

puma stug e and ? For all they care give them turret lock
(If you touch the pak they would need a huge buff)

Don't forget Stug with TWP + Armor vet makes it the most cost effective AT in the game, 2 of them can stop an IS-2/Pershing right on the spot.
31 Aug 2016, 15:18 PM

No doubt TWP is a pretty strong ability, available to one faction on multiple units, similar to vehicles crews for USF, UKF tank commander.... Every faction has their global goodies. But in this context, nerfing TWP will have a disproportionate impact to counterbalance a possible stuart nerf, which is a single unit that is currently performing quite strongly, and that is why you'll see it in almost every match with USF as a no-brainer pick. So please, reconsider your conclusions.
31 Aug 2016, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2016, 20:15 PMEarth

Alright, I will play against Latch after you... Because then he'll be like "Oh, the noob let's the others play for him". Whenever you're free and able we'll do this...

lmao, this is gonna be funny. Anyway, all the rakaten needs is a quicker aim time imo, i'm an unfortunate victim of getting harassed by light vehicles, and there are really glaring moments where my rakaten refuses to fire during vital points in the game
1 Sep 2016, 11:17 AM

the old stug stun was too powerful because it's a mobile unit that lock your movement.

just remove the movement lock from the stuart stun and the ability will be fine. If your puma got weapon disabled you can just drive to the nearest volk/grenadier for a faust assist.

the stuart's weapon stun basically serve as his "got out of jail free" card, its version of the puma smoke. If the stuart get jumped by something, it use the stun ability to get away.

the current stun ability also make engine shot ability useless. It's just easier to use the regular stun.

(and replace the tulip and wehr puma stun with a weapon disable while we are at it)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight