Login

russian armor

Counter Battery (for mortar emplacement)

29 Aug 2016, 08:50 AM

Dear all,
could you me please explain how the counter battery for mortar emplacement work? (see attached image)
I have created some scenarios (with different distances to the target) to try the ability, but the arty from the base only start with the dedicated button, not with this.

Thanks in advance

29 Aug 2016, 09:00 AM

This is counter battery for Mortars, not for the Pounders in base.
29 Aug 2016, 09:05 AM

This is counter battery for Mortars, not for the Pounders in base.

Thanks for the quick reply, but then wich is the difference with the "Barrage"? Same type of shot (ok, automatic) with a munition cost?
29 Aug 2016, 09:14 AM

Advanced Emplacement Regiment for UKF was really overpowered for a long time after it's release. It meant FREE counter battery for every IDF unit.

So basically: base 25 pdr guns and mortars got a free automatic fire button. The mortar pit's range is 115 (it had the largest range till the recent mortar hotfix) and afaik the base pounders covered the whole map.

They countered every other enemy IDF unit without problems as I mentioned above, thanks to their range, they outranged everything.

So in case you were wondering, yes, it's totally the same type of shot with a munition cost. :thumb:

PS: I still have PTSD from those times :(
29 Aug 2016, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 09:05 AMKabuby

Thanks for the quick reply, but then wich is the difference with the "Barrage"? Same type of shot (ok, automatic) with a munition cost?

Difference is that with barrgae you need to micro, with counter battery it will autoshoot any mortars in its range.

It's like LeFH counter barrage iirc.

It's different ability than doctrinal, munition costs ability for pounders in base.
29 Aug 2016, 09:54 AM

Thanks guys,
I thought that OUT of range of the howitzers base, but IN the range of mortar, the base howitzers could shot for some seconds to counter the arty (same to the coordinated fire of infantry, but automatic for 45 seconds).

...leFH 18 Artillery is always a problem for me... <444>_<444>
29 Aug 2016, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 09:14 AMDanyek
Advanced Emplacement Regiment for UKF was really overpowered for a long time after it's release. It meant FREE counter battery for every IDF unit.

So basically: base 25 pdr guns and mortars got a free automatic fire button. The mortar pit's range is 115 (it had the largest range till the recent mortar hotfix) and afaik the base pounders covered the whole map.

They countered every other enemy IDF unit without problems as I mentioned above, thanks to their range, they outranged everything.

So in case you were wondering, yes, it's totally the same type of shot with a munition cost. :thumb:

PS: I still have PTSD from those times :(

Out-range everything? Bullshit, try that on bigger 3v3 and 4v4 maps, won't work.

Doesn't work now either, even when it's a munition cost based and timed ability.
29 Aug 2016, 12:30 PM

Out-range everything? Bullshit, try that on bigger 3v3 and 4v4 maps, won't work.

Doesn't work now either, even when it's a munition cost based and timed ability.

Maybe if you read my signature, you won't speak into thin air. I don't play 2v2+. And I was talking about the past, not the present.
29 Aug 2016, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 12:30 PMDanyek

Maybe if you read my signature, you won't speak into thin air. I don't play 2v2+. And I was talking about the past, not the present.

I was in a hurry so I didn't read your signature, matter of fact, I pretty much never read signatures unless it's a picture or something.

Plus you didn't specify in the topic at hand, I am, this guy (guessing that he's new) might think that this has been the god of all British OP abilities back then before it was nerfed which it was not. It was boss on a smaller maps, I agree, but not on the bigger ones.
29 Aug 2016, 19:48 PM

Sorry I didn't highlighted it. Also advanced emplacement wasn't only strong because of the counter battery (yes, mostly for it), but you can avoid 210 manpower for royal engies and build emplacements with standard Tommy squads. I suffered a lot from those rushed bofors on Trois Ponts and other maps like it. :guyokay:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★