Login

russian armor

How do you beat soviet sniper + rifle guard

29 Aug 2016, 04:40 AM

Cant use sniper since he will counter snipe. Cant use light vehicles due guard rifle. Rifle guard beats grens too. 1 snipe and gren squad has to retreat. They just camp my fuel.
aaa
29 Aug 2016, 06:31 AM

counter snipe since you have advantage due to much better sniper cloak. Use your extra squad to your advantage. Guards arent counter to 222. Take both fuels with extra squad and 222/251 and he will never have anything but few infantry.
29 Aug 2016, 06:50 AM

just put replay Squall..better that way
29 Aug 2016, 13:20 PM

just put replay Squall..better that way

Yeah, i wanted to. It was late at night, i clicked 'close' subconsciously.

I also lost a gren squad squad early on. That PTRS burst damage is so unpredictable, especially when both hit at the same time.

I built an MG off the bat. But it didn't pay for itself that well, he just kept kiting me deeper into his territory and picking off models. So I had to stay mobile and wasn't able to use cover.
29 Aug 2016, 14:12 PM

Counter snipe vs soviet sniper is a bad call, high risk low reward. You beat him, he retreats and tries again. He beats you, you're done. IMO the best way to handle that combo is to lure them forward onto favorable ground, then flank into the sniper with grens or the 222. Obviously that's risky, since if you screw it up you're going to be fuel-free for some time. The other way is to get a reinforcement half track, power through the bleed and charge the sniper. I've heard good things about osttruppen based builds but I've not really gotten them to work, TBH.
29 Aug 2016, 15:59 PM

Push him off map with halftrack and 4-5 gren combo, your grens will beat guards 1v1 because he is using sniper and cannot have as many squads as you + you have lmg.

Sniper will be negated by halftrack reinforcement, yes you will bleed but you dont have to retreat and so you can push him off map and end game with fast oswind.

Also getting 444 and trying to flank sniper before he gets lots of guards (first come at 2 CP after all) may result into fast gg as well
29 Aug 2016, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 06:31 AMaaa
counter snipe since you have advantage due to much better sniper cloak. Use your extra squad to your advantage. Guards arent counter to 222. Take both fuels with extra squad and 222/251 and he will never have anything but few infantry.

Guards aren't counter to 222? Lol
29 Aug 2016, 16:46 PM

Push him off map with halftrack and 4-5 gren combo, your grens will beat guards 1v1 because he is using sniper and cannot have as many squads as you + you have lmg.

Sniper will be negated by halftrack reinforcement, yes you will bleed but you dont have to retreat and so you can push him off map and end game with fast oswind.

Also getting 444 and trying to flank sniper before he gets lots of guards (first come at 2 CP after all) may result into fast gg as well

Thanks.
So should I not be building an MG42 against soviets?
29 Aug 2016, 17:02 PM

Thanks.
So should I not be building an MG42 against soviets?

its not that..should not build MG cause of the sniper..ur MG wont do any good..Cons Spot for his Sniper..
Soft retreat
Sniper Kill MG modal,
u bleed while The Sov Dont,

Simple as that,

thats y Hector said build more Gren..
i was hoping i learn something in this Thread cause i Suck as OST,..haha
29 Aug 2016, 17:06 PM

its not that..should not build MG cause of the sniper..ur MG wont do any good..Cons Spot for his Sniper..
Soft retreat
Sniper Kill MG modal,
u bleed while The Sov Dont,

Simple as that,

thats y Hector said build more Gren..
i was hoping i learn something in this Thread cause i Suck as OST,..haha

Yeah the problem is typically OST builds MG at start, not knowing weather there is a sniper build or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★