Login

russian armor

Relic's "WCS Round 1" LIVE report thread

28 Aug 2016, 16:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I just checked again, in the new brackets DevM and Noggano are spaced out, that can't happen in R2.
28 Aug 2016, 16:05 PM
Patrion 15

looking at the bright side we might get some good games today!
28 Aug 2016, 16:06 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The Jove #1 seed is a bit of a mystery. He's high on the ladder, but has he won any big events? I would never give him the #1 seed. Hans #5 is a bit of a dis... he should at least be top4 if not #1.
28 Aug 2016, 16:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

official stream took a poll, and bloodthirsty viewers voted for Barton vs. wada for the official cast by a landslide. Somehow Relic gave Wada the #30 seed, even tho he was invited. :hansGG: :hansREKT:
28 Aug 2016, 16:26 PM

official stream took a poll, and bloodthirsty viewers voted for Barton vs. wada for the official cast by a landslide. Somehow Relic gave Wada the #30 seed, even tho he was invited. :hansGG: :hansREKT:

...how can a company that wants to be big in the business be that retarded?
28 Aug 2016, 16:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 16:26 PMI984

...how can a company that wants to be big in the business be that retarded?

It's the Official Forums....(((shrugs)))
28 Aug 2016, 16:51 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Crazy good match-ups in R2 already: Jove vs. Paul, Luv vs. Theo

Vindi vs. Sprice R1 might be good too.
28 Aug 2016, 17:15 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

28 Aug 2016, 17:51 PM
Donator 11

Maybe they wanted them to play in first round to loose all the salt after first round? Changing seeds is a way of choosing who plays who, isn't it?
28 Aug 2016, 18:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

And the ultimate troll: matching BartonPL vs. shadowwada in ROUND ONE.

I'm flabbergasted.

The Ultimate troll is putting Thanatos vs Theodosios in Round 1 tbh
28 Aug 2016, 18:54 PM

Edit: Uploaded the first game, that one was really good.
28 Aug 2016, 20:26 PM

The Jove #1 seed is a bit of a mystery. He's high on the ladder, but has he won any big events? I would never give him the #1 seed. Hans #5 is a bit of a dis... he should at least be top4 if not #1.

Jove was *extremely* strong in ESL events and in pretty much everything I can think of recently (1v1 tournies, 2v2 tournies, ladders, etc). Hans is strong too but Jove deserves the #1 seed over Hans in my opinion. Jove is the guy to beat this tournament I think.
A_E
28 Aug 2016, 20:38 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 20:26 PMCieZ

Jove was *extremely* strong in ESL events and in pretty much everything I can think of recently (1v1 tournies, 2v2 tournies, ladders, etc). Hans is strong too but Jove deserves the #1 seed over Hans in my opinion. Jove is the guy to beat this tournament I think.

Yh Jove won more ESL tournies than anyone else, he beat Luvnest in like four consecutive finals or something.

He's also the only CoH2 grand master #1 in all five ladders, twice.

29 Aug 2016, 11:08 AM
Senior Caster Badge

:O You never checked out the Mentoring for this summer? Cookiez took great pains over the match-ups - Brosras was the surprise turn.

Warning: apparently, Brosras does not speak English, or if he does, it is very limited .

I didn't no. The mentoring is something I have no time to commit to so I hadn't followed it. Nice to see that there are good results coming from that format though
29 Aug 2016, 14:00 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 18:54 PMFLTA

Edit: Uploaded the first game, that one was really good.

So FLTA, you are Talisman, I assume?

Thx for sharing the first-person VOD... those are always really interesting.
29 Aug 2016, 14:19 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So I'm not quite sure what happened with the seeding. We all saw a different bracket for a short time, before it was drastically changed. I assume the first bracket (which was utterly terrible) got re-done because we all (with this thread and with PMs etc) convinced Stormless to convince Kyle to change it. Correct me if I'm wrong? Relic changed them enough for us to get a decent tournament (thank goodness for that), but their seeds still had some serious fails.

In my seeds, all 8 of the remaining players were in my "top 10" seeds. My big fail was ofc Luvnest, but upsets happen and that is normal. But let's look at some of Relic's seeds:

Seeding shadowwada at #30 (dead last... there were 2 no-shows) seemed like a troll move (a very unfair seed) to set him up against BartonPL (#3 seed whut?) in Round 1 amidst all of this cyberbullying drama. Great for the viewers, but a wack move from a tourney organizer/developer.

Relic's #6 seed, RtN.Dusty, lost in Round 1 (Ro32) to their #27 seed, wuFF.

Relic's #8 seed, RedXWings, lost to their #9 seed, VonIvan. Why RedWings would be seeded above VonIvan makes absolutely no sense, considering VonIvan's victories in ESL NA and his superior ladder position. Partly due to this, Ivan had the easiest road to the Ro8 (but got lucky that he didn't have to face a true top8 seed). VonIvan should have been a top8 seed himself (which would have had the same result... him not having to face one).

Relic's #7 seed, Talisman, lost to their #10 seed, DevM. Seeding DevM is hard, true, because of mixed results, but seeding him below Talisman should not happen.

Seeding Paul at #16 is questionable. Due to his bad seed, he had to face the #1 seed Jove in R2. In the original bracket that was published briefly, Paul was the #3 seed, and would have faced the winner of Momo vs. Overlord in R2. In the new bracket, he got Jove in round 2. I think Paul has a very legitimate right to complain.

But all in all, we have 8 great players in the last 8, so we can all be thankful for that. I'm very very very glad that they changed the brackets to spread out more of the top players. We'll have a much better Ro8 coming up this weekend because of this last-minute change. It's a shame tho, that players like Wada and Paul got screwed.
29 Aug 2016, 19:59 PM

For what, VODs? Relic exported their entire stream (8 hours long) in one big spam of twitchstream to their YouTube channel. It would have been nice if they had made the effort to highlight the individual games.

Relic YouTube (click at your own risk): https://www.youtube.com/user/CoHOfficial

Thanks. So far I only have the qualifiers casted by you (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnC2lc4tCvE). Was just wondering if there is anymore out there.
3 Sep 2016, 09:56 AM
Patrion 310

Thanks. So far I only have the qualifiers casted by you (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnC2lc4tCvE). Was just wondering if there is anymore out there.

https://www.twitch.tv/shadowwada/v/86232856
Wada/BigblackTar casted the opening rounds/replays for 6 hours. Some good games for sure including Luvnest/Theo G3 was pretty intense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★