Login

russian armor

Relic's "WCS Round 1" LIVE report thread

28 Aug 2016, 11:15 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Hey guys. Gonna make this thread here, and hope that one of you out there in coh2land takes the reigns and updates it. Hooligan is busy and won't be doing the updates like he did for the last two weeks. I'll start by listing some important links:

The Bracket on Battle.fy (not up yet):
https://battlefy.com/relic-entertainment/war-paint-championships/57be23d3d9df584a1248035c/stage/57be250680d6c9320c5c1ad3/bracket/

Relic stream featuring Stormless and Callum from GeneralsGentlemen: https://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment

Relic's last blog post (Aug.22) showing the 32 players: http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/08/22

Participants
Qualifier Round 1 Finalists
1st - -HOI-PauL.a.D
2nd - VonAsten
3rd - SoE-Overlord-
4th - Brosras
5th - Wuff
6th - Thanatos
7th - Quentin
8th - Knock Knock

Qualifier Round 2 Finalists
1st - Theodosios
2nd - DevM
3rd - Cruzz
4th - GN21
5th - Findeed
6th - E-zy
7th - FaHu
8th - Sotjador

WPC Invitees (in no specific order)
1. Jove
2. Luvnest
3. Noggano
4. Helpinghans
5. VonIvan
6. BartonPL
7. Shadowada
8. Talisman
9. CaptainSprice
10. VindcareX
11. RedxWings
12. Jesulin
13. Momo
14. Dusty
15. Havoc
16. Burmie

Start time: 9:00 AM PDT (5pm BST/6pm CEST)

Prizes:
1st Place: $2,000 USD
2nd Place: $1,000 USD
3rd Place: $750 USD

A_E's thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/4zylmd/war_paint_championships_main_event_tournament/

Newspost on coh2.org: https://www.coh2.org/news/55330/war-paint-championship-series
28 Aug 2016, 11:18 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

It looks like 4 players haven't signed up on Battle.fy yet. Which four are they and what's the hold-up? I hope that everyone shows up.
28 Aug 2016, 11:23 AM

hype! ^_^
28 Aug 2016, 11:24 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

hype! ^_^

WHERE!?

If you saw it, be vewy vewy quiet so you don't scare it away!!!
28 Aug 2016, 11:36 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

P.S., anybody can post anything here. We need to make an effort to pump some air back into the void. Go crazy. Anything you think or feel about this event... just post it.
28 Aug 2016, 11:40 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Ok new idea. Since Relic balked, let's seed this SINGLE-ELIMINATION tourney for them. List the players from 1 to 32 in order that you would seed them, with #1 being the best tournament player and most likely to win. You have various sources of information at your disposal to help you with the seeding:

Their past tournament performances (for example, ESL results)
Their ladder positions
Their recent games that you have seen (like in the Quali's or on streams)
The "Who will Win?" poll

Ok bubs, you are the fantasy tourney director. YOU DO THE SEEDS. Let's see em. I'll start working on mine.
28 Aug 2016, 11:41 AM

The world needs YouTube urls! Well, at least I do. Post em here.
28 Aug 2016, 11:44 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

For what, VODs? Relic exported their entire stream (8 hours long) in one big spam of twitchstream to their YouTube channel. It would have been nice if they had made the effort to highlight the individual games.

Relic YouTube (click at your own risk): https://www.youtube.com/user/CoHOfficial
28 Aug 2016, 11:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I hope you put barton vs wada and momo vs paula ami
28 Aug 2016, 11:51 AM

So as far as i remember relic said a certain percentage of the community skins they sell will directly go into price pool. That was in spring this year where they released the first skin packs, so where is the money? Why they started a price pool only with the new skins. Did i missed something or is relic just a money vulture like EA and Ubiscrap, and they joked us because they can say whatever they want?
28 Aug 2016, 11:55 AM
Senior Caster Badge

It looks like 4 players haven't signed up on Battle.fy yet. Which four are they and what's the hold-up? I hope that everyone shows up.

I could see that yesterday Quentin hadn't registered. Kyle was trying to chase him down
28 Aug 2016, 11:56 AM
Senior Caster Badge

So as far as i remember relic said a certain percentage of the community skins they sell will directly go into price pool. That was in spring this year where they released the first skin packs, so where is the money? Why they started a price pool only with the new skins. Did i missed something or is relic just a money vulture like EA and Ubiscrap, and they joked us because they can say whatever they want?

This link shows you the breakdown of sales - *didn't work* Google CoH2 War Paint chart and it's the first image result

Only 20% goes to tournaments so all the money that has been made in skin sales has been able to put the event on
28 Aug 2016, 11:57 AM
Patrion 14

there are backups right?:unsure:
28 Aug 2016, 12:00 PM
Patrion 14

only 3 missing now:banana:
28 Aug 2016, 12:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 11:48 AMd0ggY
I hope you put barton vs wada and momo vs paula ami

Well, that would be a huge mistake. The whole idea is to be fair, so you would NEVER EVER manually set certain matches. The way that you do it is order the players from 1 to 32, then let the bracket generator create the individual match-ups fairly. That way you don't have a direct influence on each particular game (which would be totally unfair). It's important to seed a single-elim event correctly, so that the best players don't knock each other out early and wind up facing each other in the later rounds.
28 Aug 2016, 12:18 PM

This link shows you the breakdown of sales - *didn't work* Google CoH2 War Paint chart and it's the first image result

Only 20% goes to tournaments so all the money that has been made in skin sales has been able to put the event on

ofc i know about these 20%, but it feels like there is someting wrong, i mean 20% of selling a half year community skins are just a couple of thausands? they just started the ingame scale with the new skins like "we just startet to put the money in the pot" :o

But anyway maybe here is not the right place to spread distrust and hate, i will move to the next thread :foreveralone:
28 Aug 2016, 12:23 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Well, that would be a huge mistake. The whole idea is to be fair, so you would NEVER EVER manually set certain matches. The way that you do it is order the players from 1 to 32, then let the bracket generator create the individual match-ups fairly. That way you don't have a direct influence on each particular game (which would be totally unfair). It's important to seed a single-elim event correctly, so that the best players don't knock each other out early and wind up facing each other in the later rounds.

Of course the best players should advance into a final, but those matches are also could be a good appetizer for the other matches..since DRAMA BABY; DRAMA
28 Aug 2016, 12:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

ofc i know about these 20%, but it feels like there is someting wrong, i mean 20% of selling a half year community skins are just a couple of thausands? they just started the ingame scale with the new skins like "we just startet to put the money in the pot" :o

I was surprised too but to be honest, do you see that many people rolling round with those skins on? And even when they do they probably don't have all sets of them. I don't think they sold as well as OP commanders :P
28 Aug 2016, 12:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I was surprised too but to be honest, do you see that many people rolling round with those skins on? And even when they do they probably don't have all sets of them. I don't think they sold as well as OP commanders :P

But OP Commanders just make win you the game and skins make your stuff look cool DansGame
28 Aug 2016, 12:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 12:23 PMd0ggY

Of course the best players should advance into a final, but those matches are also could be a good appetizer for the other matches..since DRAMA BABY; DRAMA

Is it weird that when I read everything you say I can hear your voice saying it in my head haha
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★