Login

russian armor

How to defeat blob combined with land mattress spam?

28 Aug 2016, 18:45 PM

could always go heavy on the infantry as they are blobbing, try mg34s and other suppressive types,
going breakthrough for the g43 fuzz, to keep up with heavy infantry opponents. just don't get the commander if you aren't willing to baby sit him.

also, if you feel like you need AT get you shrek upgrades with your sturms and get a raketen, two if you can micro them well enough.

also piats aren't really great vs infantry so you will start getting the advantage as you keep vetting. if you feel like you are going to get hit by arty a lot, just remember not to let your units clump and keep your squads spread enough to support each other but not enough to get hurt by explosions.

other commanders

luftwaffe the falls really tend to hurt especially once you get your smoke nade. and can chew up infantry. just remember these guys can be super squishy.

Armoured try getting a puma for heat rounds and let that carry you untill you can get your jp4. the jp4 can handle almost anything british launches at you. and well sturmtiger for le bloberino

spec ops, the flares are super helpful to know where your enemy is, as well as it will help with accurate barrages. also the hide from the minimap ability can be strong.

overwatch is kind of meh, but if you can get a good goliath off you are more or less set on game.

and for the fire storm commander, the salvage is really good, and the flame throwers on sturms are really good too. and the before your engagements and when you have enough munitions use the manpower ability to help recoup your losses. this ability is what makes this commander good.

and as for your recon, ostwinds can chew out infantry very well. just baby sit it please, as for the scout squads try to not go over board on them, and let your volks take the hits while your sniper squads do all the hurt..

that is all i can think of. and i hope this helps you form new ideas.

(flaktrack is ok, but you will have trouble with piats. and the ISG would be ok, but you have to micro that hard as well)

I have bigger problems with their rockets than blobs, but thanks anyway.
28 Aug 2016, 20:33 PM

Mechanized + stuka = 150 fuel

Mechanized is tech.
If you wanna start including teching costs you should realize the LM requires CPs which largely come from teching. Also you have to unlock PIATs and then purchase them all which costs resources.
28 Aug 2016, 20:44 PM

New brummbarr is your friend in this situation. Of course this leaves you vulnerable to comets but if you can have a stug panther elephant or some schreks backibg you up you'll have a good time bleeding him out. Brummbarr wipes and bleeds him mp a ton .

okw
28 Aug 2016, 21:24 PM

Mechanized is tech.
If you wanna start including teching costs you should realize the LM requires CPs which largely come from teching. Also you have to unlock PIATs and then purchase them all which costs resources.

Okay so 100, it is much fuel compared to land mattress of doom's cost and going mech = no tanks.
Yes, mechanized is tech but it's not neccesary to do to get schwere.
28 Aug 2016, 23:28 PM

Use support weapons like mgs and mortars.

Already established a land mattress/calliope/or even a 120 or US motar, rapes Axis weapon teams...

Not even including all the call-in AOE options.
29 Aug 2016, 01:37 AM

Okay so 100, it is much fuel compared to land mattress of doom's cost and going mech = no tanks.
Yes, mechanized is tech but it's not neccesary to do to get schwere.

If he's spending fuel on LM and weapon racks/bolster squads then he's not gonna have tanks either. I'm not a Brit fanboy here I'm just trying to make known the disadvantages of this strategy. I hardly have a problem anymore with the LM since it was nerfed.
29 Aug 2016, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 23:28 PMCorsin

Already established a land mattress/calliope/or even a 120 or US motar, rapes Axis weapon teams...

Not even including all the call-in AOE options.

If he's getting Calliope you should have tanks to counter it. If hes getting LM or any other indirect fire, you can afford indirect fire to counter it.

If hes using combined arms to defeat you then you use the same against him. Constantly harass his indirect fire to force them off the field. Deal with his blobs by using infantry with an mg behind them to suppress. Move when they barrage your mg. It's ntt rocket science here.

Also, you didn't quote the part where I talked about using sandbags to give your support weapons green cover. Believe it or not green cover reduces their received dmg by half allowing your weapon teams to survive barrages without a problem.
29 Aug 2016, 03:32 AM

If he's getting Calliope you should have tanks to counter it. If hes getting LM or any other indirect fire, you can afford indirect fire to counter it.

If hes using combined arms to defeat you then you use the same against him. Constantly harass his indirect fire to force them off the field. Deal with his blobs by using infantry with an mg behind them to suppress. Move when they barrage your mg. It's ntt rocket science here.

Also, you didn't quote the part where I talked about using sandbags to give your support weapons green cover. Believe it or not green cover reduces their received dmg by half allowing your weapon teams to survive barrages without a problem.

Unlike you it seems, im well aware how the game works. I know cover reduces damage somewhat.

Theres more to it than "if they use combined arms, then you should too". I mean way to state the bloody obvious...

My point is, and always was, the indirect fire options for allies are all way better. Meaning Yeah sure i can fight fire with fire... but the allied fire is a few hundred degrees hotter than the axis atm...

Which is why if you look at the top 10 in 1v1s. the allies have the highest ratios. And always have.
29 Aug 2016, 04:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 03:32 AMCorsin

Unlike you it seems, im well aware how the game works. I know cover reduces damage somewhat.

Theres more to it than "if they use combined arms, then you should too". I mean way to state the bloody obvious...

My point is, and always was, the indirect fire options for allies are all way better. Meaning Yeah sure i can fight fire with fire... but the allied fire is a few hundred degrees hotter than the axis atm...

Which is why if you look at the top 10 in 1v1s. the allies have the highest ratios. And always have.

What makes you think I don't understand the game? I agree that the USF mortar is a bit too good but the Ostheer mortar isnt far behind for its price.

I'm not disputing your points, I'm simply trying to offer tips that have helped me to the top 5 for all Ostheer gamemodes other than 1v1.
29 Aug 2016, 09:51 AM

I'm talking about 2v2 mainly, and in this mode player who uses land mattress spam is oftens seen running around with two comets, because fuel caches... While the other guy can spam mortars either USF ones or Russian 120mm ... So it's double hard to counter, and leIGs are getting decrewed easily and outranged by Russian 120mm. When I see British player or two and they have mobile assault commander I know I have to be VERY aggressive and harrassing to make them surrender or ragequit early so they can't call in their land mattress and destroy me...
Caliope on the other hand is very hard to destroy unlike katyusha,stuka or panzerwerfer, and it's always buried deep in wall of their defences.
30 Aug 2016, 19:54 PM

men u (all) should know those mattress or coli OP doesnt have counter.
but u can do something ....make stuka vs mattress when it attacking or make mechanized yourself instead making infantry vs coli op.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★