Login

russian armor

How to defeat blob combined with land mattress spam?

27 Aug 2016, 14:48 PM

Land mattress always has been a huge source of frustration to me, it's cheaper and much better than stuka, and going stuka to counter it means I won't have fuel for Schwerer until late game. Not to mention even if I wipe rocket lanucher's crew they can just pick it up again, it wouldn't work if the rocket unit would be a vehicle... In my last 2v2 game we got rekt by usage of huge british blob + double land mattresses, blob with piats ate our tanks and land mattresses firing phosphorus and usual rockets rekt our infantry. Any tips how to counter such thing as blob connected with rocket spam?
27 Aug 2016, 16:22 PM

steal a land mattress and shoot back.
27 Aug 2016, 17:05 PM

"better than stuka"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
27 Aug 2016, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2016, 17:05 PMzerocoh
"better than stuka"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It is
27 Aug 2016, 20:30 PM

steal a land mattress and shoot back.

Thanks for help...
28 Aug 2016, 04:02 AM

Use stuka, it can actually "total" the artillery piece and break them rather than just killing the crew.
28 Aug 2016, 06:11 AM

Try to preserve your tanks. Playing more conservatively will help. Also perhaps artillery with counterbarrage might work on the land matresses? Or Infantry spawning from buildings, They are very vulnerable.

His build also doesn't seem to utilize tanks since he spent so much on infantry, something like an ostwinsssssssssss or a sturmtiger would be very effective. Killing a sturmtiger is very hard and killing multiple anti infantry tanks with infantry is both hard and will result in many casualties if they can even do it.

if nothing else works make your ally buy a panzerwerfer, b/c they destroy blobs and weapon teams
28 Aug 2016, 09:03 AM

When I notice an over reliance on the land mattress or for soviets the 120mm mortar, I dedicate myself to planning a siege to steal one. They are not expecting it usually as it's behind the front lines. Once you steal one the game swings so heavily in your favour that's it's like you just gained an extra teammate.
28 Aug 2016, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 09:03 AMRappy
When I notice an over reliance on the land mattress or for soviets the 120mm mortar, I dedicate myself to planning a siege to steal one. They are not expecting it usually as it's behind the front lines. Once you steal one the game swings so heavily in your favour that's it's like you just gained an extra teammate.

Yeah I just got raped by 120mm mortars + katyusha, had nothing to counter it, ISGs got killed by katyusha OR the mortar and basically we lost because of mortars (again).
If I think about it, every game I lose is because enemy spams mortars or land mattress.
28 Aug 2016, 13:30 PM

Honestly i think Axis artillery across the board needs buffing. Or at least given more options.

Pwefers are pretty much confetti bombs, that kill maybe a few guys, and draw circles around the target.

Stukkas are good but fuel expensive which leaves you with no armor until mid-late game.

LeFE isnt bad, but still seems to be abit lack luster...

Where as the Land mattress is just... ugh, ridiculous for how cheap it is and is easily better than a Pwerfer. Infact its 1 volly is nearly the equivelant to 3 pwerfers after eachother.

The Callipoe is a decent unit. I wouldn't say it needs to be nerfed or buffed... would just be nice if the axis had a similar unit.

Katyusha... Now alot of people say the pwerfer is better because of its alpha strike... But i disagree, The katy's AOE per shell is alot bigger. and even if you retreat as soon as you hear it fire, its second volly will plink your guys in the back of the head as the 2nd volly always seems to slightly overfire. (weapon teams have no chance). I wipe more squads using this than i ever have using a pwerfer except from the vanilla days when the pwerfer was worth its fuel cost.

To those who say the Pwerfer's alpha strike is better, what would you prefer? a quick slap in the face? or someone punching it 4 times? Its the same thing, especially when its fired at base trucks ect

I dont know the whole set up doesnt make sense... Axis having smaller squad sizes. Then Allies having the better artillery and squad wiping capabilities. As if the demo charges wernt enough to worry about. + the fact that the ostheer especially rely on weapon teams to fight rifle/penal blobs ect. Then to be hard-countered midgame by superior artillery options.
28 Aug 2016, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 13:30 PMCorsin
Honestly i think Axis artillery across the board needs buffing. Or at least given more options.

Pwefers are pretty much confetti bombs, that kill maybe a few guys, and draw circles around the target.

Stukkas are good but fuel expensive which leaves you with no armor until mid-late game.

LeFE isnt bad, but still seems to be abit lack luster...

Where as the Land mattress is just... ugh, ridiculous for how cheap it is and is easily better than a Pwerfer. Infact its 1 volly is nearly the equivelant to 3 pwerfers after eachother.

The Callipoe is a decent unit. I wouldn't say it needs to be nerfed or buffed... would just be nice if the axis had a similar unit.

Katyusha... Now alot of people say the pwerfer is better because of its alpha strike... But i disagree, The katy's AOE per shell is alot bigger. and even if you retreat as soon as you hear it fire, its second volly will plink your guys in the back of the head as the 2nd volly always seems to slightly overfire. (weapon teams have no chance). I wipe more squads using this than i ever have using a pwerfer except from the vanilla days when the pwerfer was worth its fuel cost.

To those who say the Pwerfer's alpha strike is better, what would you prefer? a quick slap in the face? or someone punching it 4 times? Its the same thing, especially when its fired at base trucks ect

I dont know the whole set up doesnt make sense... Axis having smaller squad sizes. Then Allies having the better artillery and squad wiping capabilities. As if the demo charges wernt enough to worry about. + the fact that the ostheer especially rely on weapon teams to fight rifle/penal blobs ect. Then to be hard-countered midgame by superior artillery options.

Exactly, I see no reason why Hummel and Nebelwerfer shouldn't be added.
28 Aug 2016, 14:09 PM

New brummbarr is your friend in this situation. Of course this leaves you vulnerable to comets but if you can have a stug panther elephant or some schreks backibg you up you'll have a good time bleeding him out. Brummbarr wipes and bleeds him mp a ton .
28 Aug 2016, 14:49 PM

New brummbarr is your friend in this situation. Of course this leaves you vulnerable to comets but if you can have a stug panther elephant or some schreks backibg you up you'll have a good time bleeding him out. Brummbarr wipes and bleeds him mp a ton .

Am i the only one who seems to realize that to equalize against a 40 fuel unit, (the land Mattress) one needs to spend 140 fuel on a brummbar as a bit ridiculous. I agree that it works. But its basically a good summary of balance in this game atm...
28 Aug 2016, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 14:49 PMCorsin

Am i the only one who seems to realize that to equalize against a 40 fuel unit, (the land Mattress) one needs to spend 140 fuel on a brummbar as a bit ridiculous. I agree that it works. But its basically a good summary of balance in this game atm...

Or stuka that costs you 150 fuel and leaves you without tanks.
28 Aug 2016, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 14:49 PMCorsin

brummbarr costs 150 fuel fyi. yes it is t4 but its the most effective counter to blobs. Also piat blobs arent cheap. keep moving your mgs and hide some mortars nearby to keep him moving. Point is, don't try to out DPS the blobs with infantry. Use support weapons like mgs and mortars. Keep them in good spots and behind green cover (use pios to make sandbags). Once you can afford it, brummbarr is a good option or pwerfer.
28 Aug 2016, 16:05 PM

Or stuka that costs you 150 fuel and leaves you without tanks.

stuka costs 100 fuel not 150.
28 Aug 2016, 16:29 PM

stuka costs 100 fuel not 150.

Mechanized + stuka = 150 fuel
28 Aug 2016, 17:49 PM

Mechanized + stuka = 150 fuel

That's a stupid way to account for costs of an individual unit. Comet/cromwel costs well over 300 fuel if that's the case.

EDIT: and not to forget, you're OKW that 'side' tech hardly hurts you when it gets you 1 step closer to a fucking KT. It's hardly like having to go LT as USF just for an MG now is it.
28 Aug 2016, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 17:49 PMLatch

That's a stupid way to account for costs of an individual unit. Comet/cromwel costs well over 300 fuel if that's the case.

EDIT: and not to forget, you're OKW that 'side' tech hardly hurts you when it gets you 1 step closer to a fucking KT. It's hardly like having to go LT as USF just for an MG now is it.

It's not so stupid considering it can kill my mid game, those 150 fuel could be used to build Schwerer and then get proper tanks.
Dude KT is a long way to go, even if I manage to built mechanized and survive long enough to build Schwerer I can't just wait until I got 280 fuel, every solid tank will come twice faster, it's better to get Panzer IV or Jagd.
28 Aug 2016, 18:43 PM
Benefactor 392

Land mattress always has been a huge source of frustration to me, it's cheaper and much better than stuka, and going stuka to counter it means I won't have fuel for Schwerer until late game. Not to mention even if I wipe rocket lanucher's crew they can just pick it up again, it wouldn't work if the rocket unit would be a vehicle... In my last 2v2 game we got rekt by usage of huge british blob + double land mattresses, blob with piats ate our tanks and land mattresses firing phosphorus and usual rockets rekt our infantry. Any tips how to counter such thing as blob connected with rocket spam?

could always go heavy on the infantry as they are blobbing, try mg34s and other suppressive types,
going breakthrough for the g43 fuzz, to keep up with heavy infantry opponents. just don't get the commander if you aren't willing to baby sit him.

also, if you feel like you need AT get you shrek upgrades with your sturms and get a raketen, two if you can micro them well enough.

also piats aren't really great vs infantry so you will start getting the advantage as you keep vetting. if you feel like you are going to get hit by arty a lot, just remember not to let your units clump and keep your squads spread enough to support each other but not enough to get hurt by explosions.

other commanders

luftwaffe the falls really tend to hurt especially once you get your smoke nade. and can chew up infantry. just remember these guys can be super squishy.

Armoured try getting a puma for heat rounds and let that carry you untill you can get your jp4. the jp4 can handle almost anything british launches at you. and well sturmtiger for le bloberino

spec ops, the flares are super helpful to know where your enemy is, as well as it will help with accurate barrages. also the hide from the minimap ability can be strong.

overwatch is kind of meh, but if you can get a good goliath off you are more or less set on game.

and for the fire storm commander, the salvage is really good, and the flame throwers on sturms are really good too. and the before your engagements and when you have enough munitions use the manpower ability to help recoup your losses. this ability is what makes this commander good.

and as for your recon, ostwinds can chew out infantry very well. just baby sit it please, as for the scout squads try to not go over board on them, and let your volks take the hits while your sniper squads do all the hurt..

that is all i can think of. and i hope this helps you form new ideas.

(flaktrack is ok, but you will have trouble with piats. and the ISG would be ok, but you have to micro that hard as well)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment