Login

russian armor

HMG engagements often don't work as intended

27 Aug 2016, 11:44 AM

This is such a joke: Maybe not too much of a deal, but still very annoying... since nearly 10 years.

If a green-covered inf squad is under fire from a hmg, it gets surpressed immediately if 1 model of the squad is not behind green cover. <444>_<444> (The HMG surpresses the 1 model which is not in cover --> the whole squad is surpressed)
27 Aug 2016, 11:51 AM
Donator 11

This is such a joke: Maybe not too much of a deal, but still very annoying... since nearly 10 years.

If a green-covered inf squad is under fire from a hmg, it gets surpressed immediately if 1 model of the squad is not behind green cover. <444>_<444> (The HMG surpresses the 1 model which is not in cover --> the whole squad is surpressed)

Is that not intended behaviour? Imagine how it would look like otherwise, you wouldn't be able to suppress squad becouse one man is behind tiny cover. Or better, you would wire one man behind green cover in base and then move around all the other members freely without suppression.

Right now the calculation is simple and fair - squad is either suppressed or not, every member of squad under suppressing adds his suppression to suppression pool of the squad, so to not get suppressed you need all members in cover.
27 Aug 2016, 12:18 PM

Is that not intended behaviour? Imagine how it would look like otherwise, you wouldn't be able to suppress squad becouse one man is behind tiny cover. Or better, you would wire one man behind green cover in base and then move around all the other members freely without suppression.

I thought the "green cover symbol" shows up beneath the troop emblem as soon as more than the half of the squad is behind green cover, for example 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 6 models?
27 Aug 2016, 12:30 PM
Donator 11

I thought the "green cover symbol" shows up beneath the troop emblem as soon as more than the half of the squad is behind green cover, for example 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 6 models?

I honestly don't know when the symbol shows up as I tend to make sure there is enough spots in cover before ordering squad to move into it, so when they arrive and the symbol shows up they are all in cover. But it is true that squad with one soldier not in cover will still have the symbol, and that could be something to be changed.

I still don't think that allowing some part of squad to be out of cover unsuppressed is a good idea. This could make some directional cover positions really hard to suppress with flanking fire and some squads, like shocks, PPSh cons, volks, BAR riflemen and so on, can kill whole machinegun team with 2 or sometimes even one member that runs past mg without being suppressed. Not to mention that squads with nades have one special member that always throws nades, if that was the one someone extracts from the squad, all mgs would be doomed by exploiting such mechanic.
27 Aug 2016, 12:36 PM

I honestly don't know when the symbol shows up as I tend to make sure there is enough spots in cover before ordering squad to move into it, so when they arrive and the symbol shows up they are all in cover. But it is true that squad with one soldier not in cover will still have the symbol, and that could be something to be changed.

I still don't think that allowing some part of squad to be out of cover unsuppressed is a good idea. This could make some directional cover positions really hard to suppress with flanking fire and some squads, like shocks, PPSh cons, volks, BAR riflemen and so on, can kill whole machinegun team with 2 or sometimes even one member that runs past mg without being suppressed. Not to mention that squads with nades have one special member that always throws nades, if that was the one someone extracts from the squad, all mgs would be doomed by exploiting such mechanic.

yeah you are right, and as I said it's not a big deal, so I think it's the best if it stays like it is ;)
27 Aug 2016, 14:56 PM

I just really wish we have scatter/clump up function for precisely this reason. Clump up to better take advantage of cover and scatter to avoid indirect. It's a basic function since AOE, how hard it is to implement into the game?
27 Aug 2016, 17:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I just really wish we have scatter/clump up function for precisely this reason. Clump up to better take advantage of cover and scatter to avoid indirect. It's a basic function since AOE, how hard it is to implement into the game?

Some modder should step up but i don't think you can have dynamic formations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS