Login

russian armor

2 Sniper proposals

27 Aug 2016, 09:43 AM

I like idea of sniper's sight working like a scope.

It's BS when sniper can spot for itself and kill entire squad by shooting out of the range and moving back.

Yeah give sniper focused sight like SU-85: seeing afar but at reduced angle.
27 Aug 2016, 10:55 AM

Yeah give sniper focused sight like SU-85: seeing afar but at reduced angle.

No. Sniper is not vehicle which you can easily turn around.
More like: give him regular sight and current sight if not moving.
27 Aug 2016, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2016, 07:46 AMaaa

most likely your 1v1 card is so bad that it is a shame to show it. Its silly to talk until you reach smth like rank 2000.

where is yours?
27 Aug 2016, 11:29 AM

where is yours?

The guy literally plays Soviets only and all of his posts are centered around that perspective. Why even bother joining this thread if one never played OKW or USF? This is just a troll.
27 Aug 2016, 11:55 AM
Donator 11

The guy literally plays Soviets only and all of his posts are centered around that perspective. Why even bother joining this thread if one never played OKW or USF? This is just a troll.

In fact, this time he is arguing not to nerf ostheer. That is kind of noble for allied only player.
27 Aug 2016, 12:10 PM

In fact, this time he is arguing not to nerf ostheer. That is kind of noble for allied only player.

I'd say arguing not to nerf snipers is as much pro Soviets as it is OH, only 3 factions would be affected (nerfed) after all.
27 Aug 2016, 12:15 PM
Donator 11

I'd say arguing not to nerf snipers is as much pro Soviets as it is OH, only 3 factions would be affected (nerfed) after all.

Except sniper is the backbone of most ostheer 1v1 builds and soviet sniper team is a unit that is almost never used due to low RoF, terrible camo and the fact it's easiest to full health wipe unit in whole game.
27 Aug 2016, 13:28 PM

Except sniper is the backbone of most ostheer 1v1 builds and soviet sniper team is a unit that is almost never used due to low RoF, terrible camo and the fact it's easiest to full health wipe unit in whole game.

Sure it is less potent than the Wehrmacht sniper but you'll see people buy it at least to counter snipe. On the other hand it bleeds Wehrmacht more due to squad size and reinforce costs, so if both had the same sniper Wehrmacht could basically pack in. Sniper play is somewhat balanced between Soviets and Wehrmacht but not so much towards other factions. Particularly USF and OKW struggle with snipers more. Without playing the factions that are on the receiving end it is easy to say one has no frame of reference.
27 Aug 2016, 18:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sure it is less potent than the Wehrmacht sniper but you'll see people buy it at least to counter snipe.

Leaves SU sniper on hold fire cloaked with anticipation (cause i can't move from cover to cover as other snipers or heck other infantry units), can't kill enemy sniper cause he recloaks faster than the aimtime. Feelsbadman.

IMO if factions relied less on certain commanders, you could make some doctrinal solutions with certain infantry squads.
For USF: Pathfinders. It's been a long time since i saw someone using this unit besides double bar trolling. If LT wasn't "dead", M20 would be your choice to kill it.
For OKW: i think it would be stupid to simple buff JLI, but if there was a unit, that should be it. PF also counter them with 6 man G43 squad. On it's base army, OKW can only counter by sheer amount of unit/firepower or with utility based vehicles which are not easy to deploy pass certain time (Kubel is good if vet1, IR HT for teamgames).
27 Aug 2016, 19:38 PM

Leaves SU sniper on hold fire cloaked with anticipation (cause i can't move from cover to cover as other snipers or heck other infantry units), can't kill enemy sniper cause he recloaks faster than the aimtime. Feelsbadman.

IMO if factions relied less on certain commanders, you could make some doctrinal solutions with certain infantry squads.
For USF: Pathfinders. It's been a long time since i saw someone using this unit besides double bar trolling. If LT wasn't "dead", M20 would be your choice to kill it.
For OKW: i think it would be stupid to simple buff JLI, but if there was a unit, that should be it. PF also counter them with 6 man G43 squad. On it's base army, OKW can only counter by sheer amount of unit/firepower or with utility based vehicles which are not easy to deploy pass certain time (Kubel is good if vet1, IR HT for teamgames).

Ya, going for LT and M20, or Jaeger LI / Fuesilier doctrines essentially just to counter a sniper isn't the perfect solution. I kinda like the idea of reducing the snipers sight range while uncloaked, so at least it cannot operate on it's own so easily, might also improve counter snipe potential.
27 Aug 2016, 22:33 PM

The main problem with snipers i have is that in proper hands they are almost unkillable. They are costly units that you need to babysit all the time so any drastic nerfs would make them useless. Sometimes even when i ambush a sniper with a light vehicle that should be the direct counter, my bren, kubel or scoutcar just ends up chasing it trought half of the map and it still manages to escape back to base. I think that the most simpe solution would be to half the snipers received acurracy bonus on retreat. This would make the actual counter work against them.
27 Aug 2016, 22:43 PM
Donator 11

The main problem with snipers i have is that in proper hands they are almost unkillable. They are costly units that you need to babysit all the time so any drastic nerfs would make them useless. Sometimes even when i ambush a sniper with a light vehicle that should be the direct counter, my bren, kubel or scoutcar just ends up chasing it trought half of the map and it still manages to escape back to base. I think that the most simpe solution would be to half the snipers received acurracy bonus on retreat. This would make the actual counter work against them.

Just like in case of any other unit it should be possible and worth maintance cost to keep it alive untill the end of game. It cant be changed, especially on such an expensive unit.
29 Aug 2016, 14:14 PM

I dont know... i have no problem hunting down snipers with 222 or Luchs..

Life is always more complicated with OKW imo, but thats not the allied snipers fault.
11 Sep 2016, 16:41 PM

Do people really have problems with snipers though? I always have problems with snipers when i get them and they seem like such a big and risky investment so i never get them and rarely see any one use it.

The times that ive faced them was pretty easy to kill them. Sure they are annoying, but they did seem killable. Thing is they need a lot of babysitting and if you leave them unmicroed far away, they sit down doing nothing and if one pushes one ends up killing it or retreating every engagement. Tricky unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★