Login

russian armor

Can we have more strategy guides for Brits and OKW?

28 Aug 2016, 00:18 AM

guide to brits XDDDD: steb 1 stick your vickers light autocannon into a building

step 2 build a mortar pit and get free wipezzz for no micro

step 3 get comet/cromwell

step 4 right click into enemy side of the map and watch your tank crush and kill multiple squads

step 5 attack move your retard sections with bren and wipe out the survivors
28 Aug 2016, 00:28 AM

guide to brits XDDDD: steb 1 stick your vickers light autocannon into a building

step 4 right click into enemy side of the map and watch your tank crush and kill multiple squads

The Salt.
28 Aug 2016, 02:57 AM

Just look at all the replays. There is nobody that plays Brits "well." They are a one trick pony that just sit the whole game on emplacements getting free manpower bleed.

All Brits do is get free wins doing the same stupid strategy over and over and over and the top players grind their teeth and learn how to stop that strategy, and once you do, brits are easy to stop because they are linear and stupid and campy and boring.

Which is why you never ever see them in high level play.

Relic game design team is god-awful and UKF is proof.
28 Aug 2016, 03:16 AM

As a top 50 Brit player in a winstreak, with a build that does not involve anything more than a mortar emplacement, I find these views on the Brits insulting and uneducated. Especially now saying a lie like the Russians are harder and more complicated to play, when we are in the Penal/Guard spam Meta, its completely false.
28 Aug 2016, 07:55 AM

Brits are just dlc that Relic pushed on this dying game for one last cash grab. Its a braindead/op faction otherwise it won't sell, obviously.
28 Aug 2016, 09:39 AM

Wow, why you are not top 10 yet?
28 Aug 2016, 09:42 AM

Wow, why you are not top 10 yet?

More likely because everyone and their mother know this is what Brit do so OH usually goes like Sniper + Mortar to rekt Brit defense before they can set up. Throw in Osttruppen and it usually gg before 15mins.
Also Brit design sux since day 1 so no amount of patch can fix that as long as Lelic still insist on emplacements.
28 Aug 2016, 10:18 AM

As far as content creation is concerned, I suggest to simply do it.

The coloured names and fancy headers are just a bit of flash when it boils down (as it relates to what is created). If you enjoy writing, fancy making something, the content will stick regardless of whether or not it is "official" or related to .ORG staff.
28 Aug 2016, 16:15 PM

I dont think paying is the right thing, but maybe donating - adding some donate button under guide to its creator, editor and artist like most of streamers have would be cool

Thumbs up! Great idea. While back I was involved with improving a knowledge management system. This is exactly the way to go imo. Hope you guys get plenty of reward for your efforts.
29 Aug 2016, 04:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 03:16 AMUnited
As a top 50 Brit player in a winstreak, with a build that does not involve anything more than a mortar emplacement, I find these views on the Brits insulting and uneducated. Especially now saying a lie like the Russians are harder and more complicated to play, when we are in the Penal/Guard spam Meta, its completely false.

I agree but the "emplacements or bust" posts are indicative of the sort of UKF players most people will go up against.

The following post comes close to picking the issue but draws the wrong conclusion:
Just look at all the replays. There is nobody that plays Brits "well." They are a one trick pony that just sit the whole game on emplacements getting free manpower bleed.

All Brits do is get free wins doing the same stupid strategy over and over and over and the top players grind their teeth and learn how to stop that strategy, and once you do, brits are easy to stop because they are linear and stupid and campy and boring.

Which is why you never ever see them in high level play.

Relic game design team is god-awful and UKF is proof.

It's not that UKF is particularly poorly designed (CoH1 Brits were far worse: no mobile AT gun, MG, or mortar) but that the vast majority of UKF players use emplacements as a crutch and never actually learn to play CoH2. This makes it unlikely for a competitive player to learn the game by playing UKF and the very existence of emplacements discourages most of those who didn't from seriously playing the faction.
nee
5 Sep 2016, 11:50 AM

The amount of text needed for any remotely general guide for any specific faction would be more than the libraries of Congress. Despite how shitty the game is, it's that complex.

The guides here are very general and/or very particular. That's the only way to keep it reasonably short and remotely readable without people dismissing them as TL:DR. Millions of factors influence the usefulness or valididty of a guide, including of all things the specific map being played.

I also hazard a guess that the majority of people wanting guides are just looking for general guides because they bought the game an hour ago. I'd think that those are hardly the audience that the people willing to write guides on are looking for.

There's also the fact that the majority of relevant material needed to understand the game is already written. I mean, is there more to say about how UKF works? Also, it looks like most people have been playing as Brits just fine without pulling their hair out and spamming Cookiez's inbox for guides.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★