Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes III - Your expectations

PAGES (12)down
25 Aug 2016, 15:18 PM

Korea could be interesting. Easy 8s brawling with T34/85s.
25 Aug 2016, 15:27 PM

Cart racing game featuring national leaders from WWII. Winston drives a Land Rover. FDR gets a jeep.
25 Aug 2016, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 14:40 PMVuther

I also can't really see Blizzard's style (be it gameplay or thematically) being compatible with CoH's.

CD Projekt RED might stand a chance, though they've definitely never done an RTS in their time.

I used to think Nival Interactive would be awesome choice for new COH, but then they ruins me with Blitzkrieg 3.
25 Aug 2016, 15:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Still hoping for Warcraft 4. :foreveralone:

Feel your pain bro. You are not alone :wave:

Imagine CoH was developed by Blizzard or Project RED (The Witcher) :hansWUT:

Or Eugen Systems. Their Wargame franchise is quite good. sovietssoviets
25 Aug 2016, 16:03 PM

Or Eugen Systems. Their Wargame franchise is quite good. sovietssoviets

RUSE II please, show Lelic how WW2 RTS should be done!
25 Aug 2016, 16:06 PM

The return of expensive global upgrades to add a bit more strategic diversity would be nice. I do miss things like the BAR upgrade from CoH1.
25 Aug 2016, 16:36 PM

Still hoping for Warcraft 4. :foreveralone:

Most likely after Half Life 3 :luvDerp:
25 Aug 2016, 16:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

1) A game that isn't rushed out by a dying publisher as a cash grab
2) A commander system with more depth like in CoH1, but more choices than just 3. Modular is also a shit system, don't do this. Pls no P2W.
3) Complete redesign of garrisons to make them more interesting to deal with than just jump in building. Add storming, or something.
4) Finally finish adding all the crucial default unit abilities like manual reload.
5) Make units in different factions completely different from each other. Panthers and P4s in both German factions... why.... Why the fuck are half the call-ins and abilities from the new factions just stolen from another faction...
6) Make units important to a faction not locked behind trash commanders nobody ever uses. I want to use the KV-1, but Lelic won't let me.
7) Ways to make it so the end game for all default armies isn't the same, besides the commander system. The hammer/anvil thing for brits is a good start. Otherwise you just straight tech to t4 every single game. Need some side techs for more variety.

I would also like to stick to the WW2 setting, but it's not a big deal for me. As long as they don't go into the future with lasers and shit. WW2 is a great setting for how even it was, and the variety of things in it. You don't see one army with 20 types of different medium tanks now-a-days.
25 Aug 2016, 16:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Lots of good ideas here, and I've been thinking about it as well. I first played coh1 ten years ago and my oh my have I loved it.

That being said, one of the main attractions I have to coh is the WWII setting. Starcraft and it's sci-fi/future setting don't appeal to me, nor does another modern/future war game appeal to me.

In a general gameplay sense, I'd like to see a more lethal infantry game with less focus on veterancy on more on positioning, micro, abilities, etc. I'm not saying I want the Blitzkrieg mod or anything, but hell, a more lethal game would be a lot more fun.

If Relic can invest the time/money into it, a good way to do a Europe WWII game would be to have two different time periods: a 1941/2 and a 1944/45 or simply a early war and late war (so they can fudge the numbers a bit).

If implemented in coh2 it would've allowed the game to launch with four factions, two wehrmacht and two soviet. The different era factions wouldn't be able to play against one another, but they would be similar in design (similar so that they'd be recognizable) but with different infantry equipment and tanks. So the early war Wehr wouldn't have Pgrens w/ StG. 44, or Panzerschreck.

With other factions, it would've allowed the UKF to have a North Africa sort of army and a 1944/45 army, same with the USF.

Also, whoever said side tech, shout out to you. We need more side tech for all factions to give us choices.
25 Aug 2016, 17:01 PM

Commander system could be improved just by having you spend your CPs.

Have access to all three, but have to invest the CPs in each.

Commanders more or less follow a formula of 'Usually useless ability, call in infantry, upgrade/recon/light vehicle, medium call-in/arti, heavy call-in/arti'. Spreading out CPs would delay the late-game, but provide a number of other strategic options.

I'm speaking as a system for dynamic gameplay, not a balanced suggestion for the existing game, btw.
25 Aug 2016, 17:22 PM

25 Aug 2016, 17:29 PM

focus on platoon
commander is special force member
few veicles
25 Aug 2016, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 15:27 PMNoun
Cart racing game featuring national leaders from WWII. Winston drives a Land Rover. FDR gets a jeep.

Only if Noun DLC.
25 Aug 2016, 17:58 PM

25 Aug 2016, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 17:58 PMZyswen
WW1 Kappa

No Tiger, no fun.
25 Aug 2016, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 14:15 PMBudwise
Sell the franchise off to another company who will do it right from version 1.0.

GabeN please.. :hansGASM::hansWUT:
25 Aug 2016, 19:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 18:48 PMUzmanoy

GabeN please.. :hansGASM::hansWUT:

Valve doing a sequel with the number 3? Now that would truly be :hansWUT:
25 Aug 2016, 20:37 PM

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

This guy knows what's up.

I don't expect it, but I'd be pleased to see side armor (and support for angling), tons of units in the base tech tree and thus every faction having all tools (such as mortars, flamers, MGs, light-mid tanks, artillery, AT of all kinds, nothing must be lacking), consistent optimization, no commander monetization (only aesthetic microtransactions), no meaningless progression system, a non-controversial campaign for all factions AND a controversial campaign (because I love to see people squirm about evil being portrayed, both sympathetically and damning, (IMO all sides were evil to some degree anyways, and I want to touch all the naughty story)), great theater of war map packs (sold for moneys much like an expansion) involving different stages of the war in their custom scenarios, all factions available from the outset (I don't care if it's priced $80 or takes many years to develop, damn it, publishers / developers need to stop pushing shit out early because of their fears), a sub-faction system for specific forces in nationalities (such as Hungarians / Austrians / Italians / etc. for the Germans, I'm not sure who for everyone else), and actual modding support.
And all of what @Tobis said.

Ah, but, because I have no expectations, I would only be pleasantly surprised if such happened, yet accepting if it did not!
25 Aug 2016, 21:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 20:37 PMJaedrik
tons of units in the base tech tree and thus every faction having all tools (such as mortars, flamers, MGs, light-mid tanks, artillery, AT of all kinds, nothing must be lacking),

This.

They need to stop gimping parts of a faction and giving them other OP things to compensate. Awful game design. They need to make the units themselves more diverse to promote asymmetry than straight up removing them from a faction's roster.
25 Aug 2016, 21:27 PM
Donator 33

As long as it is on post-vCoH1 Relic's hands, it doesn't really matter what game they make. If the business strategy is bad enough, the game won't matter much.

If the developer focusses on making the game smaller and tighter while having a model that makes money, honours the original style and makes an honest attempt to make the game competitive, I'm in.

Original style, less bloat, more tight, new owner.

But I don't think it is going to happen. CoH2 has made me cry "Not like this", but DoWIII will likely show us that yes; exactly like this.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 87

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment