Login

russian armor

Healing & Quality of Life changes idea

24 Aug 2016, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Done

What is your opinion on Aura healing in the game?
- Turn all heals into aura heals (bye bye, medics!)
- Keep things as they are (OKW self heal, USF/UKF aura heals)
- Turn all aura heals into squad heals (read proposition
24 Aug 2016, 22:19 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I'm on board with letting gren medkits heal 80 as a first stage. Letting grens heal themselves seems like it could have unintended consequences.

Something needs to happen to OKW healing I think everyone can agree. However if they can get it from base there is basically no reason to get battlegroup in 1v1. Maybe you would have to move the mg34 to battlegroup to compensate.

As for Brits I'd prefer if they could build medics (like they get from the glider) after a certain stage of tech.
24 Aug 2016, 23:08 PM

I'm on board with letting gren medkits heal 80 as a first stage. Letting grens heal themselves seems like it could have unintended consequences.

Something needs to happen to OKW healing I think everyone can agree. However if they can get it from base there is basically no reason to get battlegroup in 1v1. Maybe you would have to move the mg34 to battlegroup to compensate.

As for Brits I'd prefer if they could build medics (like they get from the glider) after a certain stage of tech.
ober to tier 1 infrared half track to tier 4
LMg 34 upgrade only at tier 4 now med HQ is viable again
24 Aug 2016, 23:22 PM

Aura heals sounds fine, as long as it is implemented properly so units aren't being healed in the middle of combat, or the healing isn't easily disrupted by a random shell.
25 Aug 2016, 10:34 AM

As long as Wer Healing kits cost munition they will be rather useless.

Medkits should be limited to 1 unit probably pioneers, be free but have a long cooldown. Other infantry units should get different vet 1 abilities.
nee
26 Aug 2016, 01:38 AM

My opinions on specific healing mechanics:

Some healing mechanisms are stronger than others, but I do kind of want to maintain asymmetrical design. That said, some of the certainly need improvements, and I believe they can be improved without the need to simply copy other factions'.

Considering Ostheer squads being smaller and can only heal other squads, AND being vet1 requirements, I think they should be tweaked so that they can either heal themselves (you just select the squad), and/or heal faster. Being smaller squads that need to maintain squad preservation, this might help.

OKW I'm a bit ambivalent- they're passive and automatic so there's no micromanagement burden. Someone said their healing rate wasn't increased since last patch so that may be the issue at hand more than anything else.
If I were to change it, I'd just make the healing a munitions cost aura healing, similar to the Brits' medstation in CoH1. For better or worse, this can mean removing the medics upgrade.
If we're to have HQ include healing, then perhaps this idea could be used instead, so OKW gets both but T2 still needs the sidetech while the HQ is a timed munitions alternative.

USF Ambulance is fine, it was certainly crap before you can toggle to immobilize. Being mobile aura healing option that is only 10 fuel AND a T0 unit, having paper thin armour is fair tradeoff.

UKF's Tommy healing is fine as well, the only issue I have is that the radius seems too small, a few squads in formation will tend to have some healing while others don't even if they looked really clumped together.

Soviets' healing is fine as well, while it's only at HQ, they don't have forward retreat so any retreating guys will inevitably get healed by a T0 upgrade that costs only manpower, and Soviet squads are larger, plus one of the best halftracks in the game. If they're to be improved, I say just add more medics.
26 Aug 2016, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2016, 01:38 AMnee

Considering Ostheer squads being smaller and can only heal other squads, AND being vet1 requirements, I think they should be tweaked so that they can either heal themselves (you just select the squad), and/or heal faster. Being smaller squads that need to maintain squad preservation, this might help.

I don't believe that the OST medkit really needs a healing speed buff. This is nearly on par with USF/Brit medics (which heal damn fast).

OST medkits and Tommies are the only units that can heal on the move, and OST medkits heal a lot faster than that, already.

Increasing the healing speed means that it might become impossible to dislodge Grenadiers/PGrens out of a defensive location.

OKW I'm a bit ambivalent- they're passive and automatic so there's no micromanagement burden. Someone said their healing rate wasn't increased since last patch so that may be the issue at hand more than anything else.
If I were to change it, I'd just make the healing a munitions cost aura healing, similar to the Brits' medstation in CoH1. For better or worse, this can mean removing the medics upgrade.
If we're to have HQ include healing, then perhaps this idea could be used instead, so OKW gets both but T2 still needs the sidetech while the HQ is a timed munitions alternative.

This is not a bad idea. For the time being, I'll try to implement HQ being upgradeable with medics:
- The first medic upgrade (either on HQ or MedHQ) will cost 100 MP 15 FU
- Every upgrade thereafter will cost 50 MP 60 MU

That way, the player can still get to choose where they want their first batch of medics placed.

UKF's Tommy healing is fine as well, the only issue I have is that the radius seems too small, a few squads in formation will tend to have some healing while others don't even if they looked really clumped together.

Actually, you are right. The biggest #1 issue of Tommy base healing is range.

I've been experimenting with Tommies a bit, and I think that the best way to improve this unit is to, conditionally, give the unit access to a bigger aura (equal to the ambulance):
- Give Tommies an additional always-on passive aura (that doesn't stack with the original one)
- If the Tommy squad model count is below 4 members, the passive aura becomes weaker (say 3/5ths of the original strength).

I can make it so that the passive aura activates with either of the following ways (choose one):
- An ambulance-like lockdown (so that you don't move Tommies by accident)
- The aura activates automatically as long as Tommies are next to a player-owned HQ/Forward Garrison/Glider

Personally, I prefer the latter, since this means less buttons cluttering the unit's interface.

On the topic of healing speed:

OST/OKW/Soviet medics
- heal rate 5 HP/sec
- they heal 3 specific models

USF/Brit medics
- heal rate 5 HP/sec
- they heal 1 specific squad
- They automatically will chase after squads within 10 meters (if the ability doesnt bug..)

OST medkits
- Heal at a rate 4 HP/sec
- they heal 1 specific squad

USF/Brit healing aura (ambulance/tommies)
- Regeneration rate: "0.25". I think this means 2 HP/sec
- They heal all models within one area
- Ambulance area: 20
- Tommy area: 10

8 Sep 2016, 19:31 PM

I don't know if 2 weeks counts as a necro. However, I've implemented the healing changes discussed here in my mod, if people want to give it a swirl:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/55521/mr-smith-s-quality-of-life-mod
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS