White Elefant

24 Aug 2016, 14:24 PM

y not 3v3
Rzhev Winter

choose Jeager Armor doctrine
Elafant + scope

Send him guarding mid VP
NotLikeThis

Yeah it locks down that whole stupid map. Elephant is not the problem. Its the map design.

25 Aug 2016, 04:55 AM

Ok, so it seems that many people see value in the unit. I can accept that view, even if I personally haven't seen any evidence to support it.

My next question is, when would be a good situation for the OH player to go for an Elefant rather than having the OKW team-mate get the far-superior JT?

25 Aug 2016, 07:15 AM

Ok, so it seems that many people see value in the unit. I can accept that view, even if I personally haven't seen any evidence to support it.

My next question is, when would be a good situation for the OH player to go for an Elefant rather than having the OKW team-mate get the far-superior JT?

Having no OKW mate :snfPeter:

IMO the Elefant has its benefits. e.g. the scopes and it doesn't get crew shocks.
25 Aug 2016, 09:00 AM

Having no OKW mate :snfPeter:

IMO the Elefant has its benefits. e.g. the scopes and it doesn't get crew shocks.
Didn´t they delete the crew shocks on the JT with the latest patch? Alongside with nerfed side armor?

Edit: With side armor I mean the reduced rear armor that also affects the sides in parts before some special snowflake gets offended.
25 Aug 2016, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 09:00 AMButcher
Didn´t they delete the crew shocks on the JT with the latest patch? Alongside with nerfed side armor?

I thought they meant the crew shocks that all heavies can randomly deal as a result of their main gun hitting. Sometimes you had the situation that your Tiger hit an IS2 and the IS2 was then shocked for a few seconds.

I could be wrong.
25 Aug 2016, 09:33 AM

I thought they meant the crew shocks that all heavies can randomly deal as a result of their main gun hitting. Sometimes you had the situation that your Tiger hit an IS2 and the IS2 was then shocked for a few seconds.

I could be wrong.

I hadnt been crew shocked in my JT after the patch as well, I think they outright removed it.
25 Aug 2016, 17:54 PM

Elefant is easily countered in team games. Use team work and combined abilities to easily wipe an ele or jagd.
26 Aug 2016, 15:22 PM

properly supported an elefant is a fearsome thing to behold. it's my favorite unit as ostheer. most people just get too greedy with it, and get it killed. That said, a committed team effort on the allies side can take it down. If it is in good position then the allies will pay dearly, but they can take it down.

vet 3 elefant is a god. twp + that rof is obscene. I think ive only ever had 2-3 though. it was nice when it one shot stuarts. I usually get a p4 or two, a pak40, and pgrens with shreks, and then bring in the ele. I've found panthers can work VERY well with the ele but you will lack ai(not that p4s are that much better at ai). I always use the pak and the pgrens to support the ele. get a 222 to vet 2 with scopes and have it near the ele and profit. It's definitely situational and only team games. Just make sure any kind of bum rush will pay dearly and drop riegle mines on your flanks(best mine in game imo). remember to use twp on your pak and ele and it'll take out far more than its cost if they commit to killing it.
26 Aug 2016, 21:51 PM

Jagdtiger accuracy > Elefant accuracy by far
29 Aug 2016, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2016, 17:54 PMGdot
Elefant is easily countered in team games. Use team work and combined abilities to easily wipe an ele or jagd.

Are you suggesting TEAM WORK in TEAM games?
You on Drugs or something?
/s

Elefant can be countered by kombat engineers with a dropped sheck/soviet equivalent.

Jagdtiger accuracy > Elefant accuracy by far

True dat, plus jagh shoots thru buildings for maximum rape
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %