Login

russian armor

(2) Rüstungswerke Essen (tank factory Essen)

21 Aug 2016, 17:12 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Today i have released my new map for the contest. It is an industrial map.

Here is the steam workshop

Preview:

I hope you will like this map!
I cant wait for feedback.

Thank you very much, your Lord Rommel.
21 Aug 2016, 20:11 PM

Just in time. Good work, Rommel.
:D
24 Aug 2016, 15:19 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Feedback from stream

• Buildings that are garrison-able need removed or destroyed entirely that are inside the factory areas.
  • The grey ruins in the northern most part of the map needs to be accessible for vehicles, just as its mirror in the south end needs done as well.
  • Garrisons along the munitions points need to be mimicked better, as of right now the changes suggested previously will effect the balance of this section.
  • Arty shells along the north edge of map need removed (or reduced) since that amount drops a medium tank to half health (RELIC FUCKING PLEASE)
  • There are sight blocking issues along the mirror for the territory point that is south of the northern fuel, needs to be adjusted so each side has the same sight.
  • West factory has a TON of heavy cover in comparison to the East factory, would drop it down a bit to make it a little more balanced
  • KV2 in the middle of the map needs removed, can be salvaged
  • Sight blocking fix on the middle vp needs adjusted currently the sight blockers on the south edge of it (hedgerows) will be there much longer than the wall due to crush differences
24 Aug 2016, 16:53 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I hope that i have done everything. Will update the map during the next hours.
Thanks Tric for your work and passion.

And THX @ Relic for the grenades :hansGG:

Preview:
26 Aug 2016, 08:05 AM

Enjoyed this very much.
I wonder is here any influence of WoT's Pilsen?
26 Aug 2016, 08:56 AM

Can you do something with the mid VP's walls? It's a bit hard to target units, because the walls get the click.

If not, it's not a big deal, the map is great anyway :thumbsup:
26 Aug 2016, 10:43 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Enjoyed this very much.
I wonder is here any influence of WoT's Pilsen?

Nope. Havent played WoT for a long time and when i played WoT Pilsen wasnt often chosen by the game ^^
First of all Tric said on stream that he would like to see more industrial and/or urban maps for the contest because most of the maps are rural maps. So i thought it would be good to try it with an industrial map.
I used a kind of mirrored structure to get a solide gameplay result. The rest is historical inspiration by looking for pictures of the Essen Krupp factories and the Düsseldorf Rheinmetall factories.

Can you do something with the mid VP's walls? It's a bit hard to target units, because the walls get the click.

Hm. I could move the walls a bit but i want to keep this LoS-Deathtrap between the factories. At the end it will be destroyed by handgrenades or medium vehicles so it shouldnt be a problem for the mid and lategame.

New map center:

26 Aug 2016, 12:06 PM

Thanks for answer Rommel! Looks nice, will try when Tric's gonna make a playtest stream ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★