Login

russian armor

[1v1]USFvsOHCamping in the woods

21 Aug 2016, 00:18 AM

Level 6 USF vs Level 8 OH

This was pretty gross, but a super solid strat. Sends an ass gren to my distant fuel, which I would typically send a pio/ech/engy too, but maybe thats not the right way to approach this map in this match-up? I guess in hindsight, I should've just looked at the map vertically and just taken the right hand side...

Once he positions the mg's and bunkers, I believe its just over. Is there anyway to work your way out of it? German MG arcs are so huge that you have no room to flank or maneuver.
21 Aug 2016, 15:40 PM

The USF mortar is still really good, and rifles with bars are normally better than ass grens.
22 Aug 2016, 00:22 AM

I guess in hindsight, I should've just looked at the map vertically and just taken the right hand side...

I guess that is true, because when you look at the fuels from your perspective, the one on your own side of the river offers an unbreakable MG position for the enemy. At least until you get mortars and vehicles. It is not quite so advantageous to rush the house with Rifles, but it is still much better than charging straight into an unflankable MG. Not to mention that your munitions point is practically right next to it, with a VP directly between them, which is an ideal starting position. And unlike the other fuel, it is really difficult to cut off. Even if you manage to rush the house on your own riverbank, your just get forced out by the MG that is being moved there, by it simply parking itself at max range and opening fire.
PS: If you just want to improve your win ratio with USF, you might want to consider to veto this map entirely, since it is very MG friendly in general, therefore difficult for USF. Even with a lot of skill, you will probably struggle regularly on this map. Not saying you can´t win, just saying that this map favors Axis and Brits quite heavily. Kinda cheeky advice I know, but it is a possibility.
23 Aug 2016, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 00:22 AMmediev

I guess that is true, because when you look at the fuels from your perspective, the one on your own side of the river offers an unbreakable MG position for the enemy. At least until you get mortars and vehicles. It is not quite so advantageous to rush the house with Rifles, but it is still much better than charging straight into an unflankable MG. Not to mention that your munitions point is practically right next to it, with a VP directly between them, which is an ideal starting position. And unlike the other fuel, it is really difficult to cut off. Even if you manage to rush the house on your own riverbank, your just get forced out by the MG that is being moved there, by it simply parking itself at max range and opening fire.
PS: If you just want to improve your win ratio with USF, you might want to consider to veto this map entirely, since it is very MG friendly in general, therefore difficult for USF. Even with a lot of skill, you will probably struggle regularly on this map. Not saying you can´t win, just saying that this map favors Axis and Brits quite heavily. Kinda cheeky advice I know, but it is a possibility.

What this gentleman said, if you wanna win or have fun with USF, veto this map!
MGs, Snipers and no good flanking opportunities make this a map you should avoid as America, even with the Calliope Commander, you might have a really hard time on this map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★