Login

russian armor

(2)Kolberg Outskirts

19 Aug 2016, 22:31 PM

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693670934

Please forgive the base sectors being so empty: Cosmetic updates will follow, and any other changes to the map will be based off of feedback.

I wanted to create an atmosphere where the 'main' battle feels like it is occurring elsewhere, with the battle at hand being a diversion that is slowly drawing resources from each side.
24 Aug 2016, 15:10 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Feedback from stream

• Scenario name needs renamed to have the same naming style as relic
  • Need to remove the third munitions
  • Would add 2 more territory points, you currently have 8, the recommended is 10
  • Capturable area cover is not balanced between the mirrors, this needs adjusted.
  • North edge of the map has alot of unused area, would give more value to it so the flanks are used more often, or would pull in the area to make the map feel a bit smaller
26 Aug 2016, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2016, 15:10 PMTric
Feedback from stream

• [Done.] Scenario name needs renamed to have the same naming style as relic
    [Done.] Need to remove the third munitions
    [@9] Would add 2 more territory points, you currently have 8, the recommended is 10
    [Done.] Capturable area cover is not balanced between the mirrors, this needs adjusted.
    [Sorta.] North edge of the map has alot of unused area, would give more value to it so the flanks are used more often, or would pull in the area to make the map feel a bit smaller

I closed it in slightly, but have still allowed for a flanking/hideaway region for players to utilize at their intent.

I replaced the central munitions point with a regular territory point, putting the count to 9.

Did some more cosmetic adjustments, and pushed the base starting points a bit closer to the center to help tighten up the map.
16 Sep 2016, 17:34 PM

Moved the base bunkers out of interactive zone. (Oops)
Rotated HQs. (Stupid Brit base)
Optimized Splines.
Removed the negative cover road from the rightside base. (Oops)
Added more Grasses
Added a few more hills and variations going off into OOB. The playable area still does not have extensive variation due to balance issues with heighmap.
Eliminated 8+ layer map chunks.

Unfortunately I don't have further time to update my map. If only we had the weekend to work on it. ;)

Ah well, the OOB and base sectors still look like unfinished ass. Maybe if people like it I'll get a chance to make those look pretty in the future.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★