Login

russian armor

[1v1] OKW vs USF - first time fighting a blobber

19 Aug 2016, 05:08 AM

Got spanked by this blobber. Felt like I was doing pretty well until he made three mortars and had a BAR/zook blob of about 6 squads together. What could I have done differently? I felt like making more MGs was useless since he had so, so many mortars..

Would love feedback to any aspect of my game.

20 Aug 2016, 16:43 PM

I can look at it tommorow ;)
20 Aug 2016, 16:58 PM

Appreciate your insights as always, Hector :)
21 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM

Early game you did well, except few mistakes (like fighting already lost fights and so on), but generally I have to say it was OK.

Only think I would focus more on is cut off. You often went for his fuel and VP - MISTAKE. Get his cut of first, then house near it and hold it as long as you can while one squad with low members can for example backcap the fuel. If he doesnt have cut off, he have no fuel and so gets zero tanks.

Also try to dodge grenades more, once you see 1, you gotta know there will be more of them, so be cautious.

Mid game luchs was great, even second one was good coice but you forgot to be agressive. With that force against infantry only army you could have dominate him like mad and sit on his cut off 24/7.

You feared that litlle zook too much, first kill zook squad and then kite other squads in blob and once he full retreat go and baserape him.

You knew he doesnt have captain: he went so infantry heavy and went tier2, he cannot have also captain and stuart. ALso until you see capatain, there wont be stuart and until there is not stuart there is no luchs counter.

Dont be afraid to end the game, once he was forced to full retreat you can go with your double luchs and baserape him, while your infantry cap.

Also lacking doctrine hurt you so much, having s mine fields all over the place or 2 oswins instaed of useless stuka would give him finishing blow.

Why stuka ? you know he is rushing sherman, go and rush fast tier4 and panther otherwise you will end fast (as you ended)

I think this is everything, maybe mining some key points may work, but in this fight all you had to do was getting his cut off and baserape him

Hector
22 Aug 2016, 16:33 PM

Thanks a lot Hector, very helpful and very appreciated, as always :)
23 Aug 2016, 10:19 AM

Np youre welcome
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight