Login

russian armor

Your 3 Strongest USF Commanders

18 Aug 2016, 21:17 PM

Hey everybody, just curious as to what you guys think the 3 strongest commanders are as USF at the moment. I know Heavy Cavalry is probably the favorite but I can't decide between Tactical Support, Rifle, and Armor Company.
18 Aug 2016, 22:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Armor company is great for comebacks. Save it for when you need it.

For the third either rifle company for the OP WP or mechanized, if you can handle it. The jeep can be brutal if you know how to use it. Plus, it is fun and unexpected. If you force your opponent to waste fausts or get a really early raketen you will have already paid it off. Withdraw and refit makes it even better.
18 Aug 2016, 23:42 PM

Armor Armor Armor

I really miss AB though.
19 Aug 2016, 00:21 AM

1. airborne 2. e8's 3. cavalery

they are my favourite but the strongest is cavalery obviusly
19 Aug 2016, 09:01 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Heavy Cavalry, Armour, Tactical support (vs Wehr), Mechanised (vs OKW)
19 Aug 2016, 09:26 AM
Benefactor 115

Heavy Cavalry, Armour, Tactical support (vs Wehr), Mechanised (vs OKW)

Mechanized against OKW? Teach me how please, WC51 for early game harassment and counter to Kubel, refit that later on, arty ability against forward HQ trucks?
19 Aug 2016, 10:22 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Mechanized against OKW? Teach me how please, WC51 for early game harassment and counter to Kubel, refit that later on, arty ability against forward HQ trucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPQYZlnWl9w

Check out game 3 (2nd match in the video)
19 Aug 2016, 18:23 PM

You didn't really specify game mode - 1v1s or team games?
I can't really comment on heads up games and I'd bet that where a lot of the posts are coming from. And I must say I'm a bit surprised about all the votes for heavy cav (maybe it's awesome for 1 on 1??). Frankly I'm just not that into it. Rangers are good but the smoke barrage is highly redundant in an army that has smoke ability on every other unit. Field defenses are always nice but meh. Combined arms is somewhat handy but situational. And Pershing is just begging to be nailed by all that super effective axis AT. More importantly the company lacks any sort of barrage which IMO is pretty fanged important for destroying/displacing the static/team weapons that are so common in he German armies.

I'd go with:
1. Infantry: one of the best for team games, particularly against OKW. Not as exciting as some other companies but it is really solid at what it's designed for.
2. Armor: this has always been a favorite of mine. Really capitalizes on USFs strengths of aggression and numbers.
3. I'm flip flopping between rifle co and airborne here. P47 just got nerfed too hard - plain and simple. Still para/rifle/pathfinder still makes one of the strongest infantry contingents in the game. While other companies have a lot of offer that seems to fill in the gaps, that infantry combo I just mentioned backed by a Jackson or two is maybe all you really need.
Now, Rifle co is great because it fills in some gaps in The USF lineup and like I was saying barrages are missing from heavy cav, this company has an excellent barrage for dealing with axis team weapons.
19 Aug 2016, 19:10 PM

1) Infantry (Priests all the way!)
2) Rifle Company
3) Heavy Cavalry

Infantry especially versus OKW
If I'm fighting against the ostheer my choice can be both, it depends on the battle I'm fighting.
But against OKW my choice is Priests.
Even with OKW + OH my choice is Infantry company.
19 Aug 2016, 19:21 PM

1.Armor (a.k.a. the "No need to tech company): Five reasons:
1.Demos
2Demos
3.Demos
4.M10s
5.The bulldozer which surely isnt as bad as people claim, just a bit overpriced

2.Cavalry
Short range friedly areas will embrace a great properity under the rule of mighty rangers while long range friendly will witness the terror caused by Pershing (which is a bit overpriced, but good) Dont forget to put mines with your rifles

3Mechanized
One simple reason: If you put your rifles into the jeep and use it effectively, plus get lucky enough to avoid raketten, the game can be over in 6 minutes (only against OKW)
19 Aug 2016, 23:31 PM

1) Tactical Support.

Because I love me some 1919s and Calliope, the Halftrack can be really good too if you can spare 120 ammo, my favorite because it counters turtling pretty damn hard.

2) Heavy Cavalry

I feel this is the strongest USF commander, if you can get an early lead to replace your usual M36s purchase with a Pershing, Rangers are great to replace dead rifles or serve as a anti-flank or flanker squad.

3) Armor

Because sometimes practically cheating isn't cheating, AEs are very underrated not just worthy for their demo, M10s spam is my main counter to enemy call-ins as the popular Stug-E and Prostwind.
20 Aug 2016, 16:59 PM

Armor, calliOP,OPshing and easy 8 with flamer all the day
22 Aug 2016, 00:40 AM

Armor, calliOP,OPshing and easy 8 with flamer all the day

But that's 4!
Which one do you leave out the most?
I quite like E8s to fight other tanks but usually the enemy counters with something far better and I lose.
22 Aug 2016, 07:00 AM

The bulldozer which surely isnt as bad as people claim, just a bit overpriced

The hold fire button is an incredible buff for the Bulldozer. If you have the micro skill.

Vs OKW, Mechanized to punish their usual early SP push. CP8 arty is a good asset, Fast sherman +180mu and you rush his T3, arty + sherman + some zook for a quick deal.

Vs Ostheer, I have loaded airborn and tactical but I not sure there is a get to go commander vs Oshteer, it really depends on your strat.
22 Aug 2016, 07:07 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 21:17 PMClarity
Hey everybody, just curious as to what you guys think the 3 strongest commanders are as USF at the moment. I know Heavy Cavalry is probably the favorite but I can't decide between Tactical Support, Rifle, and Armor Company.

Paratrooper Doctrine , Armor Company , Pershing Commander. That's all you need
22 Aug 2016, 07:53 AM

But that's 4!
Which one do you leave out the most?
I quite like E8s to fight other tanks but usually the enemy counters with something far better and I lose.

OPeshing is a must because you need smoke to counter hmgs, mines to counter 444, rangers to flank and rekt enemy infantry and OPershing to fight tiger on your terms (with 2 jacsons ofcourse)

Armored is second must because it hardcounters scavenger, good luck countering 2x 2CP oswinds without any armor on your own - stuart get hardcountered and you wont have fuel to get sherman at 8 CP. Thats why 2x m10 can save your day, followed by dozer

And third is your personal choice. calliOP is great against static okw players or on open maps, stuart + quad = map control, calliOP = wipes, lmg = terminators

Infantry is more suited to urban maps

Easy 8 is great because survives more, have bigger pen and is generally better in urban maps (you easier navigate 1-2 tanks through bottleneck than pack of shermans), flamers rule urban areas (buildings) and phosphorus allows you to counter pak walls
27 Jan 2017, 13:26 PM

1. Rifle Company
Useful flanethrowers on urban maps. Really suits agressive play, cos mortars can't really deny houses from opponent.
Also grants Flares and sprint, both can be usefull.
Easy 8 is amazing tank. Rapes P4 and wehrmacht T3 units. IMO, much more usefull tanks than Pershing, as it can't really deal with axis heavy armor. Decent penetration, good armor convined with White Phosphorus barrage allows them to successfully survive All-in pushes and make the job done, even vs Heavy Armor supported with Pak wall
2. Armor company
More like comeback company. Major tech is expensive. Armor company allows you to have mobile AT unit - M10. Its cheap cost allows you to trade this tin can quite efficiently and punish call-in tanks (Stug-E and Ostwinds).
Sherman Dozer can be cost effective unit, but only when facing heavy infantry play or OKW since it relies on infantry so much. Remember to attack ground with your Dozer, as it much more reliable and can clear team weapons with just 1 shot.
3. Tactical Support
Not much to say, Calliopes are great at dealing with camping and static play.
27 Jan 2017, 14:51 PM

1. Rifle Company
Useful flanethrowers on urban maps. Really suits agressive play, cos mortars can't really deny houses from opponent.
Also grants Flares and sprint, both can be usefull.
Easy 8 is amazing tank. Rapes P4 and wehrmacht T3 units. IMO, much more usefull tanks than Pershing, as it can't really deal with axis heavy armor. Decent penetration, good armor convined with White Phosphorus barrage allows them to successfully survive All-in pushes and make the job done, even vs Heavy Armor supported with Pak wall
2. Armor company
More like comeback company. Major tech is expensive. Armor company allows you to have mobile AT unit - M10. Its cheap cost allows you to trade this tin can quite efficiently and punish call-in tanks (Stug-E and Ostwinds).
Sherman Dozer can be cost effective unit, but only when facing heavy infantry play or OKW since it relies on infantry so much. Remember to attack ground with your Dozer, as it much more reliable and can clear team weapons with just 1 shot.
3. Tactical Support
Not much to say, Calliopes are great at dealing with camping and static play.

Hi. Welcome to coh2.org :welcome:

Here in state office we do not generaly necro threads (necroing thread= respond to some thread from past).
This is done because most readers actually do not get it that its necro thread before they read throught it, they find some OP bullsh*t from past and start discussing about only things that are no longer true.

If you want to respond to thread that is old, yet you think it is good fo community to hear your opinion about that topic simply create new thread (with same name for example) where you explaing what you want from that thread and your opinion about your thread question (for example), instaed of responding to necro threads.

This sime you do not have to create new thread, just for future rather create new thread with same topic than necroing threads. You did nothing wrong this time, just don´t make the same mistake for future.

okwokw Hector okwokw
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS