Login

russian armor

Hans banning Ivan

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
22 Jul 2013, 23:20 PM

Noun, my point is, VonIvan is not a hacker. And, no, I'd never give my account to anyone. I find it ridiculous you are persecuting a person for his beliefs, and accusing me of things too! I hope you are the one who feels better that you are losing a customer for life. You are making me feel harassed.

edit: typo

update: http://cohexperts.proboards.com/thread/56/message-coh2-org
BaoLiang's response
22 Jul 2013, 23:34 PM

Noun, my point is, VonIvan is not a hacker. And, no, I'd never give my account to anyone. I find it ridiculous you are persecuting a person for his beliefs, and accusing me of things too! I hope you are the one who feels better that you are losing a customer for life. You are making me feel harassed.

edit: typo

Noun misunderstood what you were saying when you said "Ban my account too". I think his answers make that obvious. And when he mentioned the Ivan hacking thing, he said plainly and openly that it was probably nothing, but that they would look into it. He did not say that that was the reason for Ivan's current suspension.
22 Jul 2013, 23:36 PM

Hans and Reborn are wrong. Budwise plz look at this and get it solved.

and plz dont ban me for saying this :P
22 Jul 2013, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMNoun
To be clear we have always suspended people for griefing. We've banned people for this. We did in the original game for years, and will continue to do so.

Further I just watched a cast where the player in question claimed to have hacked the game in order to control who he matches up against. Anyone hacking the game to affect multiplayer play is banned immediately. He initially only had a 2 week suspension, since I did not hear him claim this first hand, but I have heard him now so we're reviewing what to do with his account.

Likely he's just claiming that, and hasn't actually, but it's enough for us to take action at this point.

Ultimately if you're playing the game to make it so it's not enjoyable for other people to be playing the game then we'd rather you not play the game. Sure, be competitive and try to win but if your goal is to troll then go play Call of Duty.

noun, i would vote you for president.
dont know you, but already love you. when u visit germany, feel free to contact me.
9 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 23:37 PM

If you feel that your account was wrongly suspended then email info@relic.com. However we have only suspended two accounts in CoH 2, both were being used by the same player.
22 Jul 2013, 23:37 PM

Hahahaha
22 Jul 2013, 23:40 PM

Ideally id like to see Noun/Relic step out of the spotlight on this one. Ban away for internet harassment/bullying, that is commendable, but lets not make it a public lynching and go about explaining individual cases on online forums. Should be dealt with in house.

Also, I have seeing some distasteful/immature behaviour from Hans on his public stream that would appear to be fanning the flames at times. I'm not calling for any action to be taken of course, just that he may be better off reframing from getting involved as much as possible, as from the outside, tbh it looks like 2 parties are involved here and it is akin to schoolyard squabbling, with everyone else watching on.
22 Jul 2013, 23:42 PM

oh well... we guess might is right
22 Jul 2013, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 23:40 PMBryan
Ideally id like to see Noun/Relic step out of the spotlight on this one. Ban away for internet harassment/bullying, that is commendable, but lets not make it a public lynching and go about explaining individual cases on online forums. Should be dealt with in house.

Also, I have seeing some distasteful/immature behaviour from Hans on his public stream that would appear to be fanning the flames at times. I'm not calling for any action to be taken of course, just that he may be better off reframing from getting involved as much as possible, as from the outside, tbh it looks like 2 parties are involved here and it is akin to schoolyard squabbling, with everyone else watching on.

well i saw hans at his stream try to manage the cohexpertsss idiots. i would have closed the game and stream at some time, he was nice and friendly all the time.

and ofc, hans says sometimes thinks like "this was lucky" or something else. but he acts always respectful to other players. what ivan and barton did is in my eyes a shame.
23 Jul 2013, 00:03 AM

Noun, I used to get drop hacked, map hacked, and threatened constantly on vCoH and nothing was ever done. And you ban a legitimate player over one guy's word? Give me a break. If VonIvan wasn't beating Hans, he wouldn't have gotten banned. The fact you guys went out of the way to suspend VonIvan is really pathetic. Relic should focus on fixing their games, and stop harassing their fans on forums.
23 Jul 2013, 00:05 AM

ok seriously this is getting out of control. heres how it should work, we have all been dicks. no matter what we have done something to piss people off ingame or outgame. "being a dick" and "greifing" whats the difference? If we have all "greifed before then we should all be banned"

http://imgur.com/a/OBiUd

some picks i found on han's stream.

NOUN: i have a question for you:

why are you the only relic person here to settle this? shouldnt there be say another person that helped you or say debated with you if he should be banned? i mean 1 person cant decide the fate of another person's coh2 career, i understand fairplay when there was fisical evidence but here, if theres only been 2 people banend before, wouldnt there be other people debating this?
23 Jul 2013, 00:15 AM

Fairly new to the game but had to comment since I had the pleasure of enjoying most of the e-drama while watching both streams ;).

First it seems to be somewhat unclear why VonIvan was banned with the way some people here are trying to frame it (let's just forget the whole hacking thing because I think we all know that's not true). Noun keeps saying that they ban people who are cyber-bullying game-experience ruiners stalking people, and thats completely understandable. However is stream sniping someone multiple times equal to that?

If the reason for ban was stream sniping without all the adjectives maybe Noun could clarify if that indeed is consistently bannable offence, and if so how many instances does it take and is it only if the person being sniped gets experience-ruined instead of just laughing it off like most of us do?
10 of 10 Relic postsRelic 23 Jul 2013, 00:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 23:40 PMBryan

You are correct. I was attempting to bring clarity since it was being said that the suspension was levied because of a personal relationship.

Having provided that clarification I'm going to withdraw, which is what I sort of intended to do earlier.

Though as I leave I'll declare @Brian the winner of the thread for talking commonsense.
23 Jul 2013, 00:21 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Thanks Noun for taking the time to come here and put up with all of this. You didnt have to and you're here fighting the good fight. Trying to spoon feed logic and reason to trolling kids is not easy nor fun, thanks!
23 Jul 2013, 00:24 AM

Pretty much there are 3 parties:

A: Those who are against the ban. This is mostly COHEXPERTS people

B: Those who are indifferent about the ban but are worried about the consequences and the implications of this. (most of the rest of the community)

C: Those who are strongly for the ban. This is mostly old players who know COHEXPERTS well and the admins as well.

For those in Group B, Noun, thank you for your input. We appreciate that, at least, there is a good process in this and that all steps have been taken. :)

23 Jul 2013, 00:25 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This has run it's course. Time to move along.

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 31
unknown 27
unknown 6
Russian Federation 80

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L