Login

russian armor

Hans banning Ivan

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
22 Jul 2013, 17:14 PM

I am repeating the conclusion after explaining the validity of the arguments. Since you are unwilling to accept the following facts:

1. The community managers are present on this and equivalent websites. They read posts and reply to them. COHEXPERTS have a high attendency on these websites.
2. The community managers are present in HelpingHans' stream. They talk in the chat. They watch the gameplay.
3. The community managers have been present on streams themselves (SNF, HelpingHans at Relic).
4. The community managers met HelpingHans at the Relic studios in Vancouver.
5. The community managers know about tournaments. For instance, Barton versus HelpingHans in the ESL final. Behaviour is known.

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. no

the CM know about tourneys. period. do they know who won? possibly. do they know played in the finals? maybe. do the know anything placed 3rd and down? probably not. neither do i for example.

"behavior is known" --> nice fact btw :-D i assume that is your conclusion... if that is so, let me present to you another line of facts:

1. new york is in the US
2. the US is on planet earth
3. i am not in new york
==> conclusion: i am not on planet earth.

this is your logic.
22 Jul 2013, 17:19 PM
Benefactor 115

this thread is fucking retarded.
22 Jul 2013, 17:25 PM

Sigh...to specify page one: post number 2.

That is just hans saying he reported his case. Relic judged for themselves, didnt they?
22 Jul 2013, 17:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Did barton really got banned from ESL?
22 Jul 2013, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 17:14 PMcr4wler

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. no

the CM know about tourneys. period. do they know who won? possibly. do they know played in the finals? maybe. do the know anything placed 3rd and down? probably not. neither do i for example.

"behavior is known" --> nice fact btw :-D i assume that is your conclusion... if that is so, let me present to you another line of facts:

1. new york is in the US
2. the US is on planet earth
3. i am not in new york
==> conclusion: i am not on planet earth.

this is your logic.

My conclusion is not based on selective abstraction, as I have weighted in these 5 points...

I am going to suggest again if you could go and check those points with the relevant people, i.e. the community managers. In case you did not understand, "behaviour is known" was aimed at Barton's behaviour. Most likely, you are going to deny the community managers know who Barton is, so I suggest you ask them that as well.

22 Jul 2013, 18:14 PM

WTF !

first you ban VonIvan from coh2.org and now from the game coh2 ??? who the hell is stalking who here :foreveralone:

In case you guys didn't know.. Talking shit to other players in-game is not allowed by Relic. People used to get warnings and suspensions for the same things in vCoH. Hans had every right to report him. Relic decided that he was right, and gave VonIvan a suspension. Ivan had it coming..

what happens if I write "unban VonIvan" here ? do I get warning or do you ban ? :foreveralone:

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 14:48 PMXcom
I mean sure VonIvan is a retard, but should we ban him because of that? No! because that would be wrong, if we start banning retards where would it end?

Then again, he wasn't banned for being a retard, he was banned for being a cunt. There is a small and subtle difference and that makes it OK.

Xcom ! you are one of my favorite streamers ! sure I know the the cohexperts call you "xcum" and sh1t like that but that just brings som spice before the battle and I know in your heart that even you like that :P

To all you "wanna ban cunts out there" Deal with VonIvan like man in game 1v1 anything else is just ..... :foreveralone:

One more thing im chocked this entire post isnt invised already :foreveralone:

/cheers

22 Jul 2013, 18:26 PM

Title should be renamed:

"Kid Plays with fire, get's burned"

Followed by

"Kid plays with fire again, burns to death"
22 Jul 2013, 19:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

WTF !

first you ban VonIvan from coh2.org and now from the game coh2 ??? who the hell is stalking who here :foreveralone:

what happens if I write "unban VonIvan" here ? do I get warning or do you ban ? :foreveralone:

Xcom ! you are one of my favorite streamers ! sure I know the the cohexperts call you "xcum" and sh1t like that but that just brings som spice before the battle and I know in your heart that even you like that :P

To all you "wanna ban cunts out there" Deal with VonIvan like man in game 1v1 anything else is just ..... :foreveralone:

One more thing im chocked this entire post isnt invised already :foreveralone:

/cheers

Hi VonIvan.
22 Jul 2013, 20:03 PM

A quick hello before the thread gets locked !
22 Jul 2013, 20:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

but this is the only thread i actually come to :(
1 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM

To be clear we have always suspended people for griefing. We've banned people for this. We did in the original game for years, and will continue to do so.

Further I just watched a cast where the player in question claimed to have hacked the game in order to control who he matches up against. Anyone hacking the game to affect multiplayer play is banned immediately. He initially only had a 2 week suspension, since I did not hear him claim this first hand, but I have heard him now so we're reviewing what to do with his account.

Likely he's just claiming that, and hasn't actually, but it's enough for us to take action at this point.

Ultimately if you're playing the game to make it so it's not enjoyable for other people to be playing the game then we'd rather you not play the game. Sure, be competitive and try to win but if your goal is to troll then go play Call of Duty.
22 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMNoun
To be clear we have always suspended people for griefing. We've banned people for this. We did in the original game for years, and will continue to do so.

Further I just watched a cast where the player in question claimed to have hacked the game in order to control who he matches up against. Anyone hacking the game to affect multiplayer play is banned immediately. He initially only had a 2 week suspension, since I did not hear him claim this first hand, but I have heard him now so we're reviewing what to do with his account.

Likely he's just claiming that, and hasn't actually, but it's enough for us to take action at this point.

Ultimately if you're playing the game to make it so it's not enjoyable for other people to be playing the game then we'd rather you not play the game. Sure, be competitive and try to win but if your goal is to troll then go play Call of Duty.

So trolling is illegal?
22 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

22 Jul 2013, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMNoun

Is griefing be better than hans? :lolol:
2 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 20:53 PM

So trolling is illegal?

It's important to understand the difference between illegal and not allowed in the game.

I'm sure it's not illegal, unless it takes the shape of threats or slander which would be. However that would be an issue for Hans and the other people affected to raise with their local authorities, if they so desired.

However purposefully ruining the playing experience of other players is against our Terms of Service and we will remove online access to those players who consistently demonstrate that they are doing that.

It's something that we've always done, and will continue to do.

We also suspend or ban people for in-game chat. In vCoH we banned hundreds of accounts for homophobic, racist slander and threats.

Trash talk, to a degree, is cool. "I'm going to bust your base you NOOB!" is fine.

But taking that too far, bringing in race, sexual orientation or resorting to hate speech is a suspension or ban.

We want to the best experience for the greatest amount of players. People have different ways of enjoying games, and you're free to enjoy them in anyway you want until that interferes with other people enjoying the game.
22 Jul 2013, 20:57 PM
Donator 11

I just hope that Relic will be so serious when other players get abused, because I hate when somebody is calling me names while ingame.
3 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:57 PMThrill
I just hope that Relic will be so serious when other players get abused, because I hate when somebody is calling me names while ingame.

Send a replay to info@relic.com and we'll review the case.

22 Jul 2013, 21:06 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:53 PMNoun

It's important to understand the difference between illegal and not allowed in the game.

I'm sure it's not illegal, unless it takes the shape of threats or slander which would be. However that would be an issue for Hans and the other people affected to raise with their local authorities, if they so desired.

However purposefully ruining the playing experience of other players is against our Terms of Service and we will remove online access to those players who consistently demonstrate that they are doing that.

It's something that we've always done, and will continue to do.

We also suspend or ban people for in-game chat. In vCoH we banned hundreds of accounts for homophobic, racist slander and threats.

Trash talk, to a degree, is cool. "I'm going to bust your base you NOOB!" is fine.

But taking that too far, bringing in race, sexual orientation or resorting to hate speech is a suspension or ban.

We want to the best experience for the greatest amount of players. People have different ways of enjoying games, and you're free to enjoy them in anyway you want until that interferes with other people enjoying the game.

So if trolling is ok and a person is not going over the line why was VonIvan banned in the first place? Because I saw every single stream with Hans vs VonIvan and Von never went over the line and if you don't belive me you can watch VonIvan's past streams to see for yourself. Sure Von probably said to Hans, "play tutorial", but like you said yourself Noun that would qualify as simple trash talk. I think this whole ban for two weeks should be lifted because VonIvan did nothing wrong to begin with.
ntd
22 Jul 2013, 21:13 PM
Admin Black Badge

He just wrote a 500 word post about why vonivan was banned and your first question is "why was vonivan banned?". Do you have reading comprehension problems or something?
22 Jul 2013, 21:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Wow Roman, playing the innocent victim really doesn't suit you COHEXPERTTRSSSSSSSS!!11!1!11
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS